Status: Completed

Monster Under My Bed

sorta fluffy, sweet jalex oneshot.

“Daddy? Daddy, wake up.” “Honey, it’s 3 in the morning, you should be asleep. What’s troubling your little mind?” Alex says groggily to his daughter. “Will you please come check my room? I think there’s a monster under my bed…” she responds, her voice trembling, as she starts to cry. “Shhhh… Doodle bug, don’t wake up your dad,” Alex says, pointing to a sleeping Jack laying next to him. He gets out of bed and picks up his little girl, carrying her through their house back to her bedroom. She sniffles as he turns on the lights, and checks under her bed.
“See Sweet Pea, there’s nothing here, and even if there was, Daddy wouldn't let it get his Princess, alright?” Alex says sweetly to her, as he tucks her into bed and ruffles her hair. “What’s going on here? Both of you should be asleep,” says Jack, walking into her room. “She had me check to make sure there wasn’t a monster under her bed,” Alex replied with a smile. “Well, I can assure you that we won’t let ANYTHING get you, right babe?” Jack says sweetly. “Of course not!” Alex adds playfully. “Well, Daddy has to go to work in the morning, so we all need to get some rest!” Jack says, looking at Alex. “He’s right, and you need to get some rest, six year olds need sleep!” Alex says, while getting up from the floor and standing next to his husband. “Well, let’s all get some rest, okay?” Jack says, looking at his daughter, then Alex. “Yeah, I’m sleepy!” chimes in the little girl. With that, they exchange goodnight hugs and kisses, and the two men turn off the lights and close the door, walking back to their bedroom.
Jack stops in the hallway and grabs Alex’s hand. “You know, we've got a nice little family. I would have never pictured this, we have such busy lives that I didn't think this would ever be in the cards for us. But I’m really fucking glad everything worked out. You make me the happiest man ever. I really love you, Alexander,” the older boy says to the younger one. Alex quickly responds, shocked at his husbands words. “Wow. I couldn't picture myself with anyone other than you, Jack. I love you so, so much,” he says, looking his partner in the eyes. “Well, let’s get to bed, Lexy, we've both got things to do tomorrow, and it’s nearly four in the morning,” Jack states, climbing back into bed, quickly followed by Alex. “You’re right, goodnight, sweet dreams. I love you, darling,” Alex says, before sharing a quick, but passionate kiss with the other boy. ~5/4/2014
♠ ♠ ♠
alright so, this is my first oneshot thingy, so sorry if it sucks! cx feel free to give me your feedback!