Dead Girl Walking

Little Lady, You Seem to Be In Some Need of Assistance

Raegan Martin


"You have got to be kidding me," Rae moaned, clenching the piece of fabric between her fists. The white silk illuminated against her skin, sending waves of light in every direction, guiding her every step.

Rae looked around for any sign of movement in the dark room. She had been stuck in this darkness for about five minutes now and she had no idea how to get out. Hell, she had no idea how she got into this place. Where the hell was she?

The last thing she could remember was leaving Caitlin's party last night, stumbling off of her front porch, grabbing on to the railings for support. She had finally made it all the way to her car without any injuries when someone grabbed her and pulled her away from her shiny new Beemer. It was all black after that.

"Hello, is anyone out there?" She asked as she walked around the pitch black area. She felt the grass underneath her feet so she assumed she was somewhere outside but neither the moon nor any stars were out. There was just nothingness. The only form of light there seemed to be was coming from her dress. "Christ," she thought, "I'm a walking flashlight."

"My dear Raegan," a voice rang out through the open space. A bright light, brighter than her glow in the dark dress, emerged from the sky, pointing straight at her, nearly blinding her. She shielded her face from the light with her arms and squinted her eyes.

"Who was that?" She called out, still cowering from the mysterious phosphorescence in the sky. She couldn't believe what was happening. It all had to be a dream, a weird dream caused by booze and drugs. All those fumes from the party had to be messing with her head. For all she knew, she was probably laying in Caitlyn's parent’s master bedroom, sleeping like a baby. This just couldn't be happening.

"My friend, do not fear me, for I am here to help you," the voice said, it's tone melodic and soft. The voice and the light calmed Rae's jumping heart, as she lowered her arms and adjusted to the light. She couldn't believe she was in the presence of what she could only assume was an angel, if it was really an angel anyway.

"Why am I here?" She asked as she clenched and unclenched her fists, her dress still in her hands. She had a small suspicion but her mind, for the sake of not having a mental breakdown, ignored it. "Is this because of the partying, cause I can stop. I will stop, I swear."

There was silence, a silence that told her otherwise. It had definitely not been an epiphany from God. No, it must have been something else, something more serious.

"Please don't tell me I'm the new Virgin Mary, because I think you know," she began, pointing toward below.

"No, Raegan. And I am sorry, for I know you know what I am about to say." Regret poured from the angel's voice and finally, her mind clicked. It all made sense now.

"I'm dead, aren't I?" It wasn’t really a question directed towards the angel as it was more a statement for herself. She had just assumed someone noticed her drunkenness that night and took her back inside. But that night at Caitlyn's, when she was dragged away, she had been kidnapped. And she had been...

"Murdered, yes," the angel said.

"Then why am I here?" She asked, still processing the news. For a girl who just found out that she was murdered, she was taking it fairly well. But she bet it would only be a short amount of time before she broke down. Any minute now, she knew she'd be a big ball of emotion, crying and sputtering all over the grassy floor. "Shouldn't I be surrounded by clouds and in front of pearly white gates?"

The angel laughed, the sound rumbling through the clearance, shaking her very insides. She arched her eyebrow. She was just told that she was murdered and now the angel of God was laughing?

"Is this Heaven?" Rae asked.

"No, but all other questions will be answered in time, my friend. For you have some unfinished business to take care of," the angel answered, ignoring her question flatly. The light began to dim, like the sun during an eclipse.

"What do you mean unfinished business?" She asked, running towards fading light. She feared the darkness. She couldn't handle being left her by herself for anymore time. Plus, she had so many unanswered questions. "Where are you going? Don't leave me here!" She screamed, picking up her speed. But it was no use. As fast as she was going, the light did not get any closer. It was like for every step she took, the angel took three steps more.

"Goodbye, Raegan. I will be watching over you. Good luck." The light dimmed more and more with each passing second, until finally, Rae was left in the dark.

And then she was falling.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yea, new story here. I hopes you guys like it. Zack will be in the next chapter and we'll get some info on his life. This is an AU, like very AU, so you don't have to worry about having prior knowledge of the band.

Comment and Subscribe, my lovelies.