Break Your Little Heart.

One

-Jack-

I walked into school a few minutes early. The halls are practically empty, and the sound of rushing water flowing through the pipes can be heard echoing through the corridors.

Stopping at my locker, I spin my combination in and it opens. I chuckle to myself, staring at the pictures of multiple boys and myself. Most of them are taken at parties; drunken hook-ups weren't rare for me. But, I unfortunately always ended up giving them my number. And they always either wanted a round two, or a date. I don't ever, ever go back for seconds.

I listen as footsteps approach me. I set my math book on top of my locker and spin around to see who it is. Frank Iero stands there, with an all too familiar look on his face,

"What are you smirking at?" I sigh, turning back around. If he was going to lecture me again, I was going to fling myself from a cliff.

"I saw Rian leave your house last night," Frank says. He leans against the locker next to mine, his eyebrows raised. "You're a very bad boy, Barakat." He teases.

"Rian and I hook up all the time," I mutter, closing my locker. "Besides, he was just horny, and I was just...there."

Frank's eyes soften and he gives me a sympathetic smile. "Why do you do this to yourself?"

"Do what?" I ask. We begin walking down the hallway, and I'm assuming that we're going outside. I'm lucky if I end up going to two classes a day.

"You could get a really, really good guy, Jack. Why do you keep letting assholes in?" He asks, our walking speed quickening. More people have started to fill the hallways, and I was getting uncomfortable.

"Because I'm an asshole. I don't do relationships anymore, Frank. You know that." I tell him, sighing once again.

"Just because of what happened with Matt doesn't mean-" I interrupt him.

"Please don't mention him." I beg, smiling as I see that we've reached the end of the hallway.

"You're right. I'm sorry." He apologizes, holding the door open for me. I nod in thanks and walk through it. "We're getting a new kid today." He says, changing the subject.

"Oh yeah?" I ask, glancing over to the parking lot. There were more cars filing in now, and I instantly knew why my friends and I preferred hanging out in the woods than inside with the rest of them. Because we were different. We're sad.

"Yeah, his name is Alex, or something. Alan's showing him around." Frank confirms, taking my hand in his, and leading me to our favorite spot.

A couple hundred feet, fallen trees, and grass patches later, we've reached our favorite spot. Of course, Gerard is already there, and so is Austin, Josh, and Oli.

Frank immediately crawls into Gerard's lap, making both of them smile contently. Then, there's Josh and Oli snuggling up leaning against a tree. Only Austin and I were left without a significant other.

"Where is Alan bringing the new kid?" Oli asks, his fingers trailing across Josh's stomach.

"Back here, probably." Austin shrugs. "Maybe he's cool."

"Maybe he'll catch Barakat's interest for more than a night." Gerard teases, giving me a playful wink. I knew he didn't mean it; he was far too sweet to ever slander me for my relationship issues.

"Maybe he will." I roll my eyes and pull a cigarette out of my back pocket. "Does anyone have a light?"

A chorus of 'Yeah's' ring through the forest, and all of a sudden a very familiar lighter is dropped into my lap.

"Alan!" I smile, looking up at the red headed boy. I instantly came to the conclusion that he wasn't alone, and there was another boy standing next to him.

"Guys, this is Alex."