Status: Slowly but surely :)

Let It Go

Chapter Two

Jack isn't sure how to tell them what happened. He knows that telling the truth is the right thing to do, but his heart clenches at the thought of it.

He could just tell Elsa goodbye and leave, but that wouldn't be fair to anyone. The guilt would weigh heavy on his mind, and everyone else would be left without answers.

So he's left with only the truth.

When he arrived at the town gates, guards came rushing to take Elsa away from him when they saw her crying. He was questioned immediately, but in a detached manner, all he said was that he had to talk to the king and queen.

Now he waits anxiously for them outside of their room. He can hear a heated discussion going on inside, and he can feel a lump forming in his throat.

He stares down at his pale bare feet, making frost designs on the floor with his ice staff.

How could he have been so stupid to try something like that with someone as fragile as Elsa? He knows how dangerous his powers can be, so why did he think he could get away with sharing them with her?

He'd kick himself if he could. He can't stand the thought of himself.

He has to get out of here.

***

"Daddy, where's Jacky?" Elsa asks as she tugs on her father's sleeve.

"Elsa," the king says, pain etched on his face. "Jack left."

Her face slowly turns to one of panicked confusion. "What?"

"Darling," he mother says, "Jack went away for a while. We don't know when he'll be back but...but he said to tell you goodbye." The queen chokes on her last few words. She turns away and leaves the room.

When the queen and King had come out of their room to talk to Jack, all they had found was a note reading, "I can't stay. I'm too dangerous for this place. Give Elsa my love. Goodbye."

They just don't understand why he would have left. They know how much Elsa means to him, and how much Jack means to her. The only thing that seems out of place is Elsa's hair, but worse has happened before, so they're perfectly fine with a little change in hair color. Then again, they haven't talked to Elsa yet.

"Elsa," her father begins, "did something happen when you were with Jack?"

She's staring at the floor with shiny eyes and a frown on her face. Her chin quivers. "He taught me how to make snow," she admits.

His eyes harden over as he wonders how that could have happened, yet his heart remains soft that Elsa is taking it all so hard on herself. "Can you tell me how that worked?"

She looks up at her father. "I asked him how and he showed me. It was magic, Daddy."

"How did it happen though? What did he do?!" The king shouts, grabbing Elsa by the shoulders and shaking her.

Suddenly his face is attacked with a strong and cold wind. He falls over and yells in his shock, and he beats his hands in the air, trying to wave the source of the wind away. "Elsa! Elsa, get out while you can!"

Soon the cold dies away, and the king finds himself surrounded by snow, and his daughter sitting a few feet away from him. It isn't until he hears a whimper come from her that he realizes that she's crying.

"I'm sorry, Daddy," she cries.

His eyes widen as he tries to process her words. "Elsa...did-did you do this?"

Elsa sniffles and nods. "I'm sorry, Daddy. It was an accident, I promise."

All the king can do is nod. "It's...alright, Elsa. Just as long as you're okay..." He says, detached from reality as his mind races.

He puts two and two together to see that Jack obviously did something to give Elsa some kind of snow powers. The king isn't even all that mad, just as long as no one got hurt. What he is though is confused. Why did Jack leave? What happened while they were gone to cause such an incident to happen?

He pulls Elsa close as she begins to cry harder into his shoulder.

"I'm scared, Daddy. I just want Jacky back," she cries.

His heart aches as he tells her, "I know, Elsa. We all do."
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter two! Sorry it's been a bit. Chapter three is already in the works though! I'm so excited for this whole story and just everything about it. So please please please pLEASE leave comments and feedback! Comment, rate, subscribe. I love you all c: