Status: I try to update once a week :) comment please

Letters

"A Year"

And some weeks after, our anniversary. The first year.

You took me to a fancy restaurant, like the one we eat our first dinner together, on Valentine’s day. The food was amazing. As much as the night, the only bad point being the waiter. He was flirting with me the whole night, and as much as I tried to told him no, politely, he wouldn't listen and never stopped. You were obviously trying to stay calm, and not punch the guy in the face, but it seemed hard.

"Don’t worry babe, I’m here for you" I smiled.

"I know, I just want us to have a good night" You smiled sweetly.

"Then forget about him."

"I’ll try"

But the guy came back, again and again. He even gave me his number, when you went to the bathroom.

"Call me, sweetheart."

"I’m here with my boyfriend to celebrate our anniversary, and you really think I’ll take your number?"

"Come on, I know you will." He eyed me up and down. "You’re the kind of girl who will." He winked and walked away.

I stared, pretty shocked by his words. Who did he think I was? Some kind of cheap slut?

You came back some minutes after, but I didn't talk about that. We were celebrating, and I didn't want to make a scene.

We finished our meal, and as we walked out, I saw the waiter make a phone with his hand mouthing ‘call me’. I smiled wide to him, took the small paper with his number on it. He smiled back at me. I ripped the paper in the smallest pieces I could, as his smile fell. I smiled wide, and showed him my middle finger, before taking your hand and walking outside. You rose an eyebrow.

"What was that?"

"He pissed me off." I shrugged.

"Me too. But the paper?"

I signed. "His number. He gave it to me earlier."

Your jaw clenched, and I kissed your cheek. You looked at me, and your face relaxed.

"love ya’" and you kissed me. I smiled, and kissed you back.

~~~

Later, I was laying next to you, my head on your chest. The blanket was covering our naked bodies. It rested around your waist, but over my chest. Your arm was around me, and your hand stroked my arm. My finger were tracing the muscles on your stomach.

"A year, already." You whispered.

"Yeah. It’s weird."

"Well, the ‘us’ is becoming serious, I guess." You said, unsure.

"Yes, probably. But I don’t know how we could be more serious. I mean, it’s not like we aren't serious, or something."

You didn't answered, so I looked up at you. You looked away.

"Tell me, Alan."

"Well…" You whispered. "Families, I guess."

My eyes went wide, and I blushed hard.

"You really want to…?" I asked.

You shrugged. "As you want. I don’t really care."

"You don’t care about meeting my parents, or me meeting yours?"

"Not really. It’s no big deal."

I stared. "It is."

You rose an eyebrow. "Why? Why is it so important?"

I tried to explain, but it was hard. "It’s just… when you tell your parent, and when you meet them, it means that the relationship is, I don’t know, really fucking serious. That you think it will last forever, or something."

You rose an eyebrow, a smile on your lips. "We aren't gonna last forever?"

I blushed. "You know that’s not what I meant, it’s just… I dunno."

"I know" You smiled. "It’s not that bad, it’s just a dinner, and that’s finish."

"Really?" I asked.

You frowned. "Yes, you've already lived it."

I stayed silent. "Well… No, Alan. My parents never met any of my boyfriends."

Your eyes went wide. "But you said you loved all your boyfriends! They never met your family?"

I rose an eyebrow. "It’s different, I loved them -or I thought so- but meeting my parents." I shivered. "No, I don’t want to present every guy I’m with to my family."

"Wait, you mean, if I met them, I’ll be the first boyfriend they see?" I nodded. "Holy shit. You should have showed them so horrible guy, so they wouldn't have too much hopes."

I laughed. Don’t worry, it’s gonna be okay."

You kissed my forehead. "Then, I’m totally okay to wait." I laughed, and you smiled.

"You've presented many girls to your parents?"

"Some." You shrugged. "The last being Casey. Let me tell you they didn't liked her." You laughed.

"So, pretty much everyone hated her, but you loved her."

"Yeah. I have no way to explain. I was just stupid. But since the last girl was her, it’s gonna be easy for you. They’re gonna love you."

"Why that? They could hate me, for all we know."

"Nope. I know them, I know you. They’re gonna love you."

"But your sister hates me."

"No, she just… Hated so much Casey that it took time to trust you just a little."

I nodded.

"And even if they did, even if they hated you, it wouldn't change anything between us, don’t worry."

~~~

And so, we decided I was going to met your parents before Christmas. You were on tour during all October, but you were home for the first week of November, and went back in Europe between mid-November and mid-December. You were due to come back around the 20th December. This year, we had decided we would celebrate Christmas before, so we could go to our own families after.

You went on tour in Europe, and had the time of your life, discovering many many countries, and sending me pictures everyday of what you were doing.

One day, in the morning, I felt my phone vibrating. I frowned, and saw a message on Facebook, from you. You couldn't talk by texts, you were in another country

Alan: Your lipstick stains on the front part of my left side brain.

I smiled wide. It was the first lyrics of one of my favorite song, "Hey, Soul Sister" by Train. It was a cute love song, that I forced you to listen to.

I answered as fast as I could.

Zoey: I knew I wouldn't forget you and so I went and let you blow my mind!

I went back doing my things on internet, and less than ten minutes after, you answered:

Alan: Your sweet moonbeam, the smell of you in every single dream I dream.

Zoey: I knew when we collided, you're the one I have decided who's one of my kind.

Alan: Hey soul sister! Ain't that Mr. mister, on the radio, stereo, the way you move ain't fair, you know!!

Zoey: Hey soul sister! I don't wanna miss a single thing you do, Tonight. <3

Alan: Just in time, I'm so glad you have a one track mind like me. You gave my life direction, a game show love connection, we can't deny.

Zoey: I'm so obsessed, my heart is bound to beat right out my untrimmed chest. I believe in you, like a beauty , you're Madonna (Yes you are) And I'm always gonna wanna blow your mind!

Alan: The way you can cut a rug, watching you is the only drug I need! So gangster, I'm so thug, you're the only one I'm dreaming of. (Why are you doing that part? Fuck it, I don't wanna be Madonna.)

Zoey: You see, I can be myself now finally, in fact there's nothing I can't be, I want the world to see you'll be with me! (Come on, you TOTALLY are Madonna. I'm gonna call you Madonna from now on)

Alan: Hey soul sister, ain't that Mr. mister on the radio, stereo, the way you move ain't fair, you know. (Fuck you)

Zoey: Hey soul sister, I don't wanna miss a single thing you do, tonight! (You know I win, Madonna.)

Alan: (I hate you.)

Zoey: (Love you too Madonna).

A few minutes later, I saw some twitter and Instagram notifications, on my phone, and saw that you had screenshoted our conversation, and posted it. The caption was "I hate @ZoeyC. She's mean to me." with a sad smiley face.

I saw that many fans were like, 'Wow, they're so cue together' and shit, and it made me smile endlessly. I answered your post with "Poor, Poor Madonna. Want a hug?", and seconds after many fans were laughing at us.

You answered privately: You have no idea how much I want a hug, Zoo.

I smiled wide.

Zoey: Just as much as I want one.

Alan: Probably. I have to go babe, I'll call you later today! Love you <3

Zoey: Love ya' Madonna. See you!

~~~

And some weeks after, I was sitting in your car, as you were driving to your house. We were gonna stay the whole weekend. I was so stressed... What should I do? How should I act?

"It's gonna be okay." You smiled. My heart was beating fast, and I could do whatever I wanted, it wouldn't calm down.

You parked the car into the driveway, and took my hand.

"Ready?" You asked, worried. You saw how stressed I was.

"No." And I nodded.

You laughed, and kissed my forehead.

We walked out, to the door, and knocked. You smiled and gave me the thumbs up. I smiled.

The door opened, to a middle aged couple. The woman had a gentle smile, long ginger hair, and was a bit chubby. The man was smaller than his wife, and hadn't much hair left on his head. He had your eyes, but they were frowning, his face worried.

"Mom, Dad! Glad to see you!" You cheered, as your mom engulfed you in a hug. You laughed.

"So" you said as you pulled away, "Here's Zoey, my girlfriend."

I swallowed dryly, and smiled, with a small 'hi'.

"Nice to meet you!" Your mom smiled, and extended her hand.

"My pleasure, Mrs Ashby." I smiled and shook it.

"Oh no, don't call me Mrs, I'm Patricia, call me Pat!"

"I'll try, Patricia." I smiled. She rolled her eyes.

"Timothy." Your dad said, his hand out for me to shake.

I smiled, as he seemed to inspect me, and I shook it.

"Nice to meet both of you."

"Come in, come in" Patricia said, as she walked inside, followed by her husband.

"No need to be so nervous." You smiled to me.

"They're your parents, I can't help it."

You chuckled and shook your head, before leading me inside.

"We left our stuff into the car, mom, we'll get them later."

"Sure, go sit at the table." She told us from the kitchen.

I followed you to the kitchen and saw your mom finishing her cooking, and your dad setting the table.

"Can I help?" I asked.

"That's okay! Just go sit there." Your mom said. I was playing with my hands uncomfortable. I didn't want to sit and let them serve me. You smiled, and pointed a cupboard.

"The glasses are there." I nodded thankfully, and went take four glasses, as you helped your dad too.

"Well, thanks" Timothy said, with a small smile.

"That's nothing, I'm not gonna sit there and let you do everything, sir."

"Please" he laughed, "don't 'sir' me! Call me Tim!"

"I'll try" I didn't feel too comfortable calling your parents by nicknames. It felt weird.

"Well, kids, dinners ready!" Patricia announced.

You cheered and almost ran to the first chair. I smiled, and sat next to you.

"Mom's cooking is the best you'll see." You winked at me. I smiled wide.

"Better than yours, I hope." I told you.

You showed your tongue at me."I'm not that bad." I just stared, an eyebrow risen. "Okay I am. But mom's cooking is great."

I heard Patricia laughing. "He's still as bad as he was?" She asked.

"I'm not!" You defended.

"It depends on how he used to be."

"Pasta seemed to be the hardest thing on that planet."

"He's probably still the same." I smiled.

You only pouted.

"Pouting worked when you were four, Alan. You're over twenty."

"You two are so mean! Dad help me!"

"I'm not not agreeing with your mom." He laughed, holding his hand in the hair, like a criminal.

I laughed with everyone.

"So" Patricia sad as she sat down. "What are you doing?"

"I'm working on accounting, right now in a small company."

"Ow, that's really different from what Alan's doing."

"I guess it is."

"Give me your plate, please." She asked, and we all gave her ours, and she served us.

"Where do you came from?" Patricia asked, smiling to me. she seemed to like me, from what I could see.

"Canada, actually. I'm in Cali since the end of high school. And you? You have lived there for all your life?"

"Well, for all of Alan's one. We moved here the year before he was born. Sandra is born next to Seattle. My parents are from here, and Tim's parents from Seattle." Patricia explained.

I nodded.

~~~

At the end of the meal, we went to watch a movie on the couch. I sat at the end of the couch, you were in the middle, and Patricia at the other end. Timothy was on an armchair, which looked really really comfortable. I took off my shoes, and put my legs against my chest.

"Sophiiiie" you almost screamed.

I turned to you as if you were crazy. And I noticed the small black cat who ran to you. I smiled.

She curled on your knees, as you stroked under her chin.

"Sophie, meet Zoey!" You smiled. I laughed.

I stroked her between her ears.

"She's cute."

"I know." I laughed.

Your dad turned the movie on, and you wrapped your arm around me, and kept Sophie on your knees. I turned to you, and rested my head against your shoulder. Your hand went to my hair, and I lent against you, and I almost closed my eyes.

"The film, Zoo." You whispered.

I blushed, and I whispered back. "Then stop that."

You pulled your hand away, and I signed in disappointment. You chuckled in answer.

You rested your hand on my stomach. I played with it, wrapping my finger around yours, and stroking them. You draw me closer, kissing the top of my head. I smiled, and continued watching.

At the end of the movie, and we went to take our bags in your car, and you lead me to your old room. I smiled entering.

"Welcome in my home." You smiled, turning to me.

I walked to you, and I went on my tiptoes to kiss you sweetly.

"I love you, Alan." Your arms went around my body. I rested my head on your chest. You stroked my hair.

"Do they like me?" I asked.

"I think. You're the best, how could they not know it?"

I laughed. "You only say that cause you love me."

"Yeah, maybe, but Justin agree with me."

"Really?"

"Yeah. He even asked me how the fuck did I managed to get a girl as awesome as you are."

I laughed. "He's stupid."

"He isn't. It's the truth, look at how awesome you are!"

"Silly." I blushed.

You kissed my forehead. "I love you, Zoo."

"You have no idea how much I love you, Alan."

You smiled wide, and kissed me. I wrapped my arms around your neck, as I opened my mouth to meet your tongue. You pressed my body to yours. Your hand went inside of my shirt in my back, stroking my skin.

When we pulled away, we looked into each other's eyes. And I saw all your love inside of them.

And your head went to my neck, kissing, nibbling and sucking on my skin.

"Alan." I whispered, stroking your hair, and trying to control my need to moan.

"Mh" you answered,not moving.

"We're still in your parents house. They're in the next room."

You groaned and let go of me.