Status: I try to update once a week :) comment please

Letters

"Food is life. Like sleep."

Do you remember the first time we met?
I was standing by the front door of this great restaurant, I don't remember the name, sorry. Anyway, I was there, waiting for Andrew. I believed I was in love with that guy. He was my boyfriend. And he was so handsome, so gentle. I believed he was the one. I choose to ignore his flaws, I wanted to be right, I wanted him to be the one.
I waited here for a long time. I had came 15 mn early, and I understood he would never come an hour after. That was when you came. I was standing alone, and you were walking to me. I took your arm to stop you. You looked at me, an eyebrow risen.
"Do you have anything to do tonight?" I asked.
You just shrugged, looking at me from head to toes. I'm sure you were sizing me, to know if you would go to a club or something with me. Your face told me that you would agree to, it seemed I had succeeded your test.
"Nope"
"I have a reservation in this restaurant, even if we're late, we can still make it. How about a nice dinner in a really great restaurant, between friends?" With that I took out my hand for you to shake.
And you did, smiling. "Alan"
"Zoey" I smiled back back. "Oh! And it would be better if we could act like a couple to enter there, sorry."
You had a little laugh, and nodded. You took my hand, intertwining our finger. I walked closer to you.
We opened the door. A waitress came to us. She smiled.
"Hello, welcome in our restaurant. Do you have a reservation?"
We nodded "at Campbell." I added.
"You are an hour late, I don't know i-"
"please! I'm so sorry, we're late, but please! It is my present for our two years! You can't mess this up, I beg you!" You were really good at this.
I made my eyes watering. I sniffed. You held me closer, kissing the top of my head. "Don't worry baby, we're gonna make it"
I smiled. For you, at this second, it was nothing. But I realized Andrew had never kissed me like this. I looked at you, and smiled. You smiled back.
The girl went to see her boss, to find us a table. We smiled, laugh in our eyes. She came back, five minutes after, and led us to a cute Valentine's themed table. We sat in front of each other.
"We're paying half the bill each?" You asked me. I nodded.
There was a little silence, that you broke quickly, saying "So, how did you get that reservation, and why do you share it with me?"
"My boyfriend took the reservation, but it seems that he ditched me."
"Oh, sorry."
"Don't be. I'll talk to him tomorrow."
"Ditch him, he seem bad."
"He is great. I'll see tomorrow." I said, closing the subject. "And how come that you're alone on Valentine's day?"
"I don't have a girlfriend, that's all."
"Why? If I can ask."
"Sure you can. I broke up with her three weeks ago. She was a bitch, I don't miss her."
"So night stand?" I asked, as the waitress came with the menus. She gave us a strange look.
"I used to, but I rather be in relationship, and it's even better if it's with you" You winked to me. The waitress smiled.
I read the menu. "The beef seem great" You told me, as the waitress walked away.
"Thanks for the saving" I said, laugh in my voice.
You gave me one of your memorizing smile.
"You're welcome."
We felt silent as we read.
"Everything look so great, how can we choose?" I laughed. "I don't even know what most of this are."
"What plate?" I asked.
"Third line, the beef."
"It is beef, cut in really tiny slices, then cook in a stove. The sauce is..." I read it. "with cream and mushroom."
Your eyes were shining, like a kid on Christmas. I laughed.
I choose the chicken plate, and rested the menu on the table.
"How about we learn to know each other?" I nodded to you.
"You're whole name?"
"Zoey Ashleen Campell. You?"
"Alan Anthony Ashby. Origin?"
"Canada. You?"
"Cali."
"what are you doing for living?"
"Music, and you?"
"Music? Like, you're in a band?!"
"Well... Not yet, but searching for one."
"That's great! What kind of music?"
"Metal"
The waitress came back. "Do you have choose?"
"Yeah, I'll take your beef plate..."
"And a chicken one for me" I smiled, finishing your sentence.
"Do you want wine?"
I looked at you. You nodded, unsure. "Then a bottle of..." I thought for a second. "Red wine."
She nodded, took the menus and walked away.
"You know wine?" I nodded. "Wow. Why red wine?"
"Red wine goes well with red meet, well, meat in general. White goes better with fish, or in appetizer. Rosé is a kind of mix."
"At least, I have learned something today. And, what are you doing for a living?"
I shrugged "University"
"Shit, sorry for you."
"Don't be, that's pretty cool."
"If you say so."
"You're favorite movie?" I asked.
"500 days of Summer."
I laughed. "Isn't this a chick flick?"
"It is." You told me, showing your tongue. "Do you have a problem with me watching movies destined to girls?"
I laughed a bit. "Not at all. Mine is Sweeny Todd."
"A Burton girl, aren't you?"
I nodded.
"I have to admit he's amazing. " I nodded again.
"How old are you?" I asked.
"I'll be 19 in some months. And you?"
"Just turned 19, three weeks ago."
"You're old" You winked to me. I laughed.
"You're favorite animal?" I asked.
"Cats!"
"Cats are great, but squirrels are better."
"I agree, they're cute, but they aren't cat-cute. Cats are the best."
"Squirrels."
"Cats."
"Squirrels."
"Cats."
"Here your plates." The waitress said, as she walked to us. She pulled our plates in front if us. Then she served us in wine and walked away.
We stated eating in silence.
"Shit, I think I just came" You said, your mouth of food.
I laughed.
"Your chicken seems good too." You said,staring at my plate.
"It is." I said with a smile pretending I didn't know you wanted some.
"Ow" You eyes fell, a bit disappointed. I laughed.
"Silly. Sure you can."
I took some chicken on my forks, and feed you directly. You were laughing.
"Come on, Alan. Okay were friends but it is Valentine's Day, I want to be cheesy" I said with a wink.
You smiled wide. "How about we re-do 500 days of Summer, if you want something cheesy?"
My eyes went wide. "Are you really a guy?"
"Positive, M'am." you laughed.
"Are you really proposing something that cheesy? I thought guys didn't like cheesy things."
"Most of us prefer juicy things, if you know what I mean, but I've always wanted to do that film in real life."
I laughed to you. I remember what I thought at this moment. This guy... is really someone.
We finished eating.
"Some desert?" The waitress asked as she came back.
I looked at you, and saw your eyes shining once more.
"Yeah, we'll take some desert." I smiled to her.
she walked away with our plates.
"Do you really like eating this much?" I asked you.
"Food is life. Like sleep."
I looked at you for a second, before telling you:
"You're really a cat."
You smiled. "Because I'm cute?"
"Cats aren't cocky."
"They're arrogant."
"Whatever." I smiled as the waitress came back. She handed us the desert menu.
"Gosh they seem all great."
I laughed. "You should come back here another time, then."
"Definitely."
"For me, I'll take the chocolate cake."
"Good choice. Will I have some of it?" You asked with your puppy dog eyes.
"Sure" I laughed.
"Great" You smiled. "I'll take the strawberry pie."
"I deserve a part too!"
"I'll give you" You winked.
We continued our meal, talking.

Once at the counter, to pay. I paid my part, and you paid yours, as the waitress that was taking our money was looking at us like we were strange.
We walked outside, and busted out in laugh.
"Did you see her face? She thought you were the worst boyfriend ever, to make me pay half of our Valentine's meal!"
"Yeah, but did you see the face of the couple behind you?"
"No, how were they?"
"The guy was looking at you like a piece of meat, and the girl seemed pretty angry about it."
I blushed hard.
"You're cute when you blush. And don't worry, the girl found a way to take back his attention."
I rose a questioning eyebrow.
"She whispered to him dirty things."
"How can you know? You couldn't hear."
"I could see it on their faces."
"You're really observant."
"Yup."
I smiled.
"Where are we going now, Alan?"
"Pub?"
"Not romantic enough! It's Valentine's day, remember?"
"I doubt I can ever forget it with you tell me every ten minutes. How about an amusement park?"
"It's night, parks are closed."
"It's Valentine's day, there must be some attraction park, where I could won you a huge fat stuffed animal and we could eat cotton candy, in a Ferris wheel, and go make a turn of a merry-go-round."
"Yeah! Let go!"
You laughed. "Sorry but for this to be cheesy, I need to hold your hand, 'To not loose you in the crowd of people'" you said,with hair quote.
I laughed, and took your hand.
"Do you have any idea where we're going?" You asked me.
"You just told me about this attraction park." I frowned.
"I just told you I believed there was one in town. Not that I knew there were one."
"Since I also have no idea where, I propose we go... that way." I said, pointing a random street.
"Okay."
With that we started walking, and we get back to talk.

The First night we met. wasn't it amazing? Finally we ever found that amusement park we were looking for. we ended up in some awful pub, drinking a beer.
"Sorry for your Valentine's, it's not really that cheesy now."
"That's okay, Alan."
"Or we could see each other once again, and do those cheesy things."
"I really don't know, Alan."
"You're gonna say no to this?" You said pointing your body.
I faked gagging. You gave me a dark look.
"Anyway," I told you "Yeah, we need to met again to make our version of 500 days of summer!"
"Yeah, give me your phone!".
I gave it to you, and you entered your number in, under the name "Ted Hansen", the name of Joseph Gordon Lewitt, in 500 days of summer.

I am thinking about this again, now, and that make me see how much you've changed. Of Mice And Men changed you a lot, in a good way. You wear your heart on your sleeve, more now than when we met. You're also way more comfortable about yourself now. You used to fake being comfortable, but now you are, and honestly, it is way better. I think that the band and our relationship made you grow older, and now you're no longer the young stupid teenager you were. Now you are the great crazy guitarist.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here it is!!
Comment, rec and subscribe!
Have a nice day :)