Writers Anonymous

I Don't.

I don't have a problem. I don't.

I just like to write. There's no problem with that, right? I just express myself through words on pieces of paper... perhaps a bit more necessary than needed, but that's not bad. It's not. It isn't.

They're the ones making me go to this. If anyone has a problem it's them. They're too nosy and bossy.

First they say I write too much. Now they force me to go to a stupid meeting. They need to have an intervention for being too invested in someone else's life. I don't need an intervention for writing.

I stood before the door of the local community center, the door staring at me expectantly to open it, but I didn't reach for the handle. I wasn't scared of what awaited me, I was just dreading being told that I had a problem – because I didn't.

I bet they're all going to stare at me weird, too. I inwardly groaned, looking down at my attire and thinking about my unique hairstyle.

My hair was short and slightly choppy, the color of it being a deep blue from the roots to the tips. I had prescription classes in an orange frame. My clothes were simple enough though had the same colors – white v-neck, orange jacket, blue denim jeans, and some orange sneakers. Blue and orange were my favorite colors.

Just as I had finally resigned myself to what awaited me, the door swung open on its own, a woman standing in front of me. She had brown hair that was pulled into a tight and orderly bun and wore some business attire. She smiled when she saw me and words came out of her mouth not a second later. “Oh, you're just in time, we're just about to start! It's nice to meet you. I'm Lorraine and I'll be the leader of this week's group session.”

“Uh, hi...” her immediate greeting had caught me off guard, “I'm Mibba.”

“Great! I was beginning to think no one else would show. Come in, please.” Lorraine moved to the side and placed a hand upon my shoulder, almost shoving me into the room and slamming the door shut after I was completely trapped.

No running away anymore, I concluded, heading off towards the only empty seat available.

There weren't many other people, in fact there were only three others beside myself – two girls and one other guy. Before I could observe them further, Lorraine took hold of everyone's attention with her booming, energetic voice. “Okay! So, we have a new addition to our group this week. Let's all go ahead and introduce ourselves as we normally do. Who wants to start us off?”

A hand flew up and everyone's head turned to the younger of the two girls who sat on my right, the young looking tween wearing a simple dress made of a dark red and white with her hair color matching the red in her clothes. From beside me on my left, I heard the only other guy in the room sigh, his voice carrying an annoyed tone as he softly mumbled, “Here we go again.”

“Hi!” The girl seemed to explode with energy, her voice so loud and obnoxious that it made me slightly jump back in surprise. “I'm Penny Quizilla, my friends call me Penny The Quiz Monster! I'm twelve and a half and I like writing romance a lot! I write mostly fan fiction, but I also make quizzes for people to take!”

“And how long has it been since you last wrote, Penny?” Lorraine asked.

The girl's enthusiasm was killed and she twiddled her thumbs nervously in her lap. “Uh, about... zero days?”

Lorraine sighed. “Okay, well, we need to keep trying, Penny. Who's next?”

The other young woman in the room volunteered next. Her hair was blond and long, but pulled into a tight ponytail to keep it neat and presentable. Her clothes were similar to Lorraine's in the way that they were very business appropriate, the colors were of a light orange. “Hello, it's nice to meet you all. My name's Cecilia Wattpad. I enjoy writing very much as I'm sure we all do. I write both original and fan fiction and I like to read and write about every genre. I'm afraid that, like Penny, it's been zero days since I've last written.”

Wattpad was like a breath of fresh air from Quizilla's outburst.

Lorraine turned to the guy on my left. “How about you go next, hm?”

The guy gave an exasperated sigh and seemed to slump in his seat. His hair was like snow and shaggy, his clothes all being a deep blue. Out of everyone, including me, he seemed to be the one who hated being there the most. “I'm Fan Fiction. I write only fan fiction. That's all there is to me. Zero.”

“Zero what, Fan?”

“Days.”

“Ah...” Lorraine signed, and I felt my stomach dropped when she turned her eyes on me. “Now it's your turn. Please, introduce yourself.”

I looked around and the others were staring at me, just waiting for me give them my story and to hear what I did. I had only been here for a few minutes, but I knew that I didn't want to stay anymore. This is crazy.

I cleared my throat and shifted awkwardly in my seat. “Hi.” I started off tensely, the group hanging onto every word I uttered like it was their lifeline. “I'm Mibba Mibbians. I like writing. I write both original and fan fiction, but I think I tend to lean more towards romantic fan fiction most of the time. I also like to write poems and I do some blogs here and there. It's been zero days since I last wrote and I don't have a problem so I think maybe I'll just go home now.”

I rose from my chair and left the room and the others who were silenced by my introduction. Well, that was interesting. I thought.

“Maybe I'll write about it.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't know what this was.