Status: Movies, man

Spiderman Should Have Been an Avenger

Spiderman Should Have Been an Avenger

Jack cursed his friends as he made his way to theater 12. He had wanted to see the new Amazing Spiderman since the previews came out. Granted the movie was released into theaters two days ago, Zack and Rian still made plans to go with him. He had got all excited when they agreed in school on Friday to go, that when he went home he bought his ticket and printed it out and everything! But, that what wasn't what pissed Jack off, no. It was the fact that they literally cancelled thirty minutes before the movie began.
He walked into the movie theater itself to see it was practically almost full. There were no one seaters, or a couple of seats away from someone. Nope, Jack had to sit next to a complete stranger. He chose to sit close to the front considering he left his glasses at home, and ended up sitting next to a group of rowdy teenagers. The lights dimmed, and everyone quieted, except for those teenagers.
"Guys, shut up. The movie's starting." The guy who was sitting next to Jack shushed his friends. They snickered, but shut up just as the movie started.
*
The movie ended with everyone clapping, and Jack rolling his eyes. Because, really, why do people do that? It's not like the directors and the actors know you're clapping for them. People started getting out of their seats and filing out the theater, and well, Jack felt bad for them now. It's a Marvel movie, you should always stay until the very end.
"Wait where are you guys going?" The kid next to Jack asked his friends, who were all standing up and stretching.
"We're heading to Five Guys. Come on Gayskarth, the movie's over." His friend smirked, all the others laughing at him.
"One, I told you not call me that, you fag. Two, you have to stay until the very end of the credits, duh."
"Yeah, no. We'll catch you later." The guy threw up a peace sign before catching up to his other friends, jumping on one of their backs.

"Fucking assholes." The guy muttered, settling back into his seat, crossing his arms. "They're idiots too."
Jack wasn't sure if the guy was talking to himself, or to him, and he decided to go with the latter.
"Everyone else are idiots too." Jack chuckled, motioning around him to the now empty theater. Save for himself and the cute stranger.
"Obviously, how do people not know the best thing ever is to stay until the very end of any Marvel movie?" The guy smiled at Jack, showing of his top row of teeth.
Jack nodded in agreement, turning to look back at the screen as the bloopers started to roll.

By the time the movie really was over, Jack and the stranger; who Jack was referring to as "swishy hair kid", were well acquainted. Making jokes, poking fun at each other, acting like they've been friends for the longest time. They both agreed that Spiderman should have totally been in The Avengers, because he was one the best superheros; but not better than Deadpool according to Jack. Even though swishy hair kid made a good argument as to why Spiderman was better than Deadpool, they agreed to disagree.
They talked the whole time they walked to the parking lot, where they both abruptly stopped, not wanting to go through an awkward goodbye. Not wanting to say goodbye at all really.
"Well, I, uh, will see you around?" Swishy hair kid said, sounding more like a question.
"Oh yeah, totally." Jack smiled, even though he knew he would never run into this guy again. If they've never seen each other before, which if they did Jack would know because who could forget someone this hot, they would probably never meet up again.
"Cool." Swishy hair kid half smiled, and turned on his heel to head back to his car.
Jack watched him leave, feeling his stomach sinking at the fact they really would never meet again, and he didn't want their friendship, or whatever it was, to end like this.
"Wait." Jack called out, stepping forward even though that wasn't going to do jack shit.
Swishy hair kid turned around, smirking at the sight. Jack's eyes were wide, and his mouth was opening and closing, looking like he was about to say something, and then just stopped.
"I'm Jack, Jack Barakat." Jack finally managed to get out.
"Nice to meet you Jack, Jack Barakat. Alex." And with that Alex was climbing into his car and going to meet up with friends at Five Guys.
*
Jack was roaming the aisles at the grocery store trying to find a certain yogurt his mom just had to have. She said it helped with her fiber needs or some shit, and Jack didn't really want to know.
He was looking up at the signs above the aisles, not paying attention to what was in front of him when he bumped into someone.
"Oh, fuck, I'm sorry." Jack backed up to help the person catch their balance, but they just shooed his hands away.
"Oi!" Jack looked to see a sort of familiar mop of light brown hair. The person looked up, and their smile just about reached their eyes. "Jacko! Hey Jack Kerouac, I think of your mother!" Alex sang, giggling the whole time.
Jack smiled too, getting a good look at Alex. His eyes were a bit glossy, but they were definitely blood shot. He looked oblivious to everything, and was swaying side to side slightly. He was giggling at just about anything, and was smiling so hard it looked like his face hurt.
"Hey, Alex. Whatcha up too?" Jack leaned against the shelf, letting a shopper go by.
"I'm trying to find, what was it? I think Fritos, no, Doritos, no, Pringles?" Alex scrunched his face up, like he was in deep thought.
"Are you having a party?" Jack asked, like he didn't know how high Alex was.
"No, silly goose." Alex rolled his eyes, leaning forward, beckoning Jack to come closer. "I'm high as shit right now. I need that crunchy food, ya feel?" Alex whispered loud enough it shouldn't have been considered whispering.
"Oh my god, no!" Jack mocked fake shock.
"Asshole." Alex laughed. "Do you think they sell balloons?" He suddenly changed the subject, looking around.
"I think so, but I have to go find the yogurt. So, see ya." Jack pushed off the shelf, and did a little wave.
"Oo! I know where those are, let me show you." Alex quickly grabbed Jack's hand and was pulling him down the aisle. "They're like over here." Alex stopped, waving his hand around. He stuck his tongue out a little, concentrating to find the yogurt.

"Yeah, in the dairy aisle. That would make sense." Jack mentally slapped himself upside the head. He had been looking in the breakfast aisle. Because, really, yogurt is a breakfast food, right?
"Do you think they own their own kids and milk them? I mean cows!" Alex was hysterically laughing. "You can't milk children! Well, you can, but that would be considered pedophilia." Jack was laughing along with Alex, who looked like he was about to fall over.
"Dude, you're so shot." Jack chuckled, turning to look at the vast amounts of yogurt. Trying to find that specific brand. His eyes read through all the names before seeing the one he needed. "A ha!"
"Animal crackers." Alex tugged on Jacks shirt, giving him the cutest puppy dog face ever.
"I though you wanted Pringles or some shit?" Jack casually wrapped an arm around Alex's waist, his other hand trying to balance the yogurt box.
"Yogurt with special dietary needs?" Alex asked with the innocence of a child, grabbing the box. "Do you need help managing your lady figure?" Alex's small giggles were turning into little bouts of laughter.
"Duh. My mangina is totally going to thank me later when I finish eating this."
*
It was 10:30 at night and Jack was grumbling about how Rian and Zack were forcing him to go to a college party and it was a Thursday night, and he could just hear Zack's voice in his head.
"Dude, it's going to be so much fun. Lot's of music" Shitty of course. "Shit ton of alcohol" The cheap beer from the convenient store. "Hot college girls. Well, guys in your case." And that's were Jack was convinced to go.

He pulled on his leather jacket over his white v- neck, and pushed open his window. There was no way his parents were going to let him go to a party on a school night, let alone a college party. He pulled the screen out and was hopping down the two feet to the soft grass below him. He pulled his phone out of his pocket, reopening the text Rian sent him telling him the address. It was only on Thames Street, so Jack decided to take a little walk .It was cold enough that he could wear his jacket and beanie, but warm enough he didn't have to drive his car to a party only a street over.

By the time Jack arrived, the party was in full swing. You could hear the music from down the street, colorful lights were flashing through the windows, and random people were passed out on the lawn already. Jack laughed at the lightweights, and pushed the door open. A rush of heat enveloping him, and the smell of pot and alcohol filled his nose.

"Dude, you made it." Rian came over, flashing him that smile only Rian could give.
"Obviously." Jack fondly rolled his eyes at his best friend. "Now, where's the booze?"
Rian chuckled and led Jack to the kitchen, and Jack could have sworn his breath caught in his throat. There was more than just cheap convenient store beer, there was every alcohol Jack knew. Which wasn't much, but still, it was the fact there was actual liquor.
"I know right?" Rian nodded, just knowing how amazed his friend was.
Jack was quick to fill up a plastic cup with half coke, and half whiskey. Okay, more like three quarters whiskey, one quarter coke. But, Jack wasn't really worried about how much alcohol he drank tonight, as long as he didn't start mixing clear and dark liquor together. That would make a bad morning worse.

Rian and Jack stood in the kitchen, mostly talking and bobbing their heads along to the beat of the music, when someone came in heading for the drinks. Jack and Rian ignored them like they did with the others until Jack heard a familiar voice call his name.
"Jack, Jack Barakat." Jack turned around to see the always adorable Alex smiling at him, dimples present.
"Oh, hey man." Jack moved his chin up in a way of saying hey.
"Walk with me, talk with me." Alex stepped forward, throwing an arm around Jack's shoulders. "Uh, sorry kid." Alex addressed Rian, who was just standing there with his mouth open in shock.
"Nah, it's cool. I'll just go find Zack." Rian was saying as he quickly pulled out his phone, before Alex was leading Jack away.
Jack felt his phone vibrate in his pocket, and he pulled it out to seen he had a text from Rian.

How do you know Alex Gaskarth? The Alex Gaskarth.

"Oo, who you texting?" Alex grabbed Jack's phone, laughing at the message. "Wow, so how does it feel knowing the Alex Gaskarth?" Alex threw his head back in faux arrogance.
"Eh, he's kind of an asshole." Jack retorted, stealing his phone back.
Alex gave a snort and stopped walking once they were in the same room as a ping pong table. The table had cups set up on each side, and bottles of beer were scattered around the floor. There were a couple people in the room, but only two were standing at one side of the ping pong table.

"Who's your new boy toy, Gaskank?" One of the guys who Jack remembered from the movies asked Alex.
"He's a friend, asshole." Alex said with a roll of his eyes.
"Oh, yeah, okay. That's what they all say."
"Hey, dude. Don't you go to school with my sister?" The other guy asked Jack. Jack raised an eyebrow, about to ask who this guy was.
"Your sister is in high school though?" Alex questioned, cutting Jack off.
"Yeah, and whenever I go to pick her up, I always see this guy." The guy directed his attention back to Jack. "Can't forget that hair, man. Seriously though, Kailey Quinn?"
"Yeah, I know her. She's a nice girl." Jack smiled, but Alex was staring at him questioningly.
"She sure is. I'm Kellin by the way, and this is Justin." The guy; Kellin, motioned to himself than the guy standing next to him.
"I'm Jack."
"Jack Barakat." Alex cut in once again, sending a wink in Jack's direction.
"Well, you guys wanna play a game?" Justin asked, his hand falling to rest on the table.
"I don't know-"
"Sure, why not?" Jack was the one to cut Alex off and give him a wink this time.
"We're undefeated." Kellin smirked, setting up the cups on his side. Kellin and Justin knew they already had this game in the bag. Jack was a highschooler, and Alex didn't really play much beer pong.
"Are you sure you want to do this?" Alex whispered to Jack, who was setting up their own cups.
"Yeah, it can't be that bad."
"Let's make this interesting?" Justin inquired, throwing five bucks on the table, Kellin doing the same.
"You're on." Jack declared, putting his own money on the table, and Alex sighing, placing his own money down.

Three games later, the bets getting bigger each game, the boys going from beer, to rum, to whiskey, Jack and Alex were the new undefeated winners.
"Whatever, this game is stupid anyway." Kellin hiccuped, throwing a crumpled up twenty at Jack.
Alex was still in awe at Jack's uncanny skills in beer pong.
"Wow, Jacko. To be honest, I wasn't expecting that." Alex admitted, grabbing his own twenty.
Jack just chuckled, putting his hands on Alex's hip to pull him closer,
"You just got to have faith in me, Lexy." Jack whispered, nipping at Alex's ear before pulling away. He sauntered out of the room, and Alex felt compelled to follow.
*
The next morning Jack woke up with a pounding headache, his entire mouth felt dry, and there was an arm carelessly draped around his waist. He frantically looked around the room, trying to remember where he was, when he noticed his shirt on the ground. He lifted up the blanket to see he was only in his boxers, and started to mentally freak out. Did he drunkenly-
"No, we didn't fuck last night. If that's what you're wondering." Came the voice beside him.
He turned to see a very disheveled Alex. His hair sticking up in every direction, eyes still slightly drooped, and drool still left on his chin.
"How am I supposed to believe you? We're both in our boxers." Jack threw the blankets off of him, trying to find the remainder of his clothes.
"I don't know about you, but I find it most comfortable to sleep naked. Except you were here, I decided to keep it PG-13. And you? Well, you thought i would be an a amazing idea to go streaking. But, luckily I saved you from embarrassing yourself, and brought you back here." Alex explained, wiping his chin.
Jack just hmph'd, and hastily pulled his pants on. Fiddling with his phone to see the time.
"Shit, shit, shit, shit." Jack muttered, seeing that it was 9:00 am. He threw on his shirt, looking around to find some socks.
"Why are you up this early anyway?" Alex questioned, sitting up in bed. Lazily putting on his own clothes.
"I'm in high school, remember? I don't get to pick what time my classes start. I have like, 30 minutes before the school calls my parents telling them I'm not there." Jack exasperated, opening up texts from his two best friends.

Rian: Dude, we tried waking you up, you slept like a rock though. Get to school soon, bro.

Zack: mr sutton is doing that roll call bueller thing from ferris buellers day off except with your name. please end our misery and get here

Rian: Seriously, bro. Mr. Sutton is creeping me out.

"So?" Alex asked, making Jack look at him instead of the phone.
"So? So, my parents don't know I'm here, and they will beat my ass if I don't show up to school." Jack roused, pulling on one of his shoes, not knowing where the other one was.
"Oh, I'm sorry I totally forced you to come to my totally awesome party, where you had a totally awesome time." Alex rolled his eyes, smirking.
"Ah, fuck off. Do you know the quickest way to walk to Delaney?" Jack asked, spotting his other shoe.
"Walk? Dude, I could drive you."
"Nah, I don't want to make you do that."
"You're not forcing me."
"I don't have any gas money to give you." Jack sighed. Alex quietly chuckled, knowing Jack forgot he won like 35 dollars in beer pong last night.
"How about you'll just make it up to me later then, huh?" Alex quirked an eyebrow, smiling at Jacks now crimson colored cheeks.
"I guess." He quietly mumbled out.
"Awesome, coffee's on me." Alex said in a sing song voice as he walked out his bedroom door.
"But-" Jack began to say, but was cut off.
"Ah, coffee's on me."
*
After driving back to Delaney at the end of the day, and tracking down that Rian kid or whatever, Alex had finally got Jack's address. It was only a street away, and it baffled Alex how him and Jack had never bumped into each other before. Flicking his hair to the side, and fidgeting around with it, Alex knocked on the door of the Barakat residence. A women opened the door, a goofy smile plastered on her face, and eyes twinkling, Alex knew right away where Jack got his looks from.
"Hi, Mrs. Barakat. I'm one of Jack's friends, Alex Gaskarth." Alex held out his hand for her to shake, giving her one of his most charming smiles.
"Oh, hello dear. I don't think we've ever met before." Mrs. Barakat's smile softened, her face contorting into confusion.
"Yeah, I know. Jack and I recently became friends. Is he home right now?" Alex shifted Jack's leather jacket from one hand to his other.
"It's nice to meet you." Her voice turning into one of concern for the next sentence. "He's up in his room, he's been sick since he came home from school. My poor baby." Alex chuckled at Jack being called her baby, and the fact Jack was 'sick'. Yeah, more like hungover.
"Come on in, love. His room is right up the stairs, the last door on the right." Mrs. Barakat opened the door wider for Alex to come in, pointing to the stairs.
"Thank you." Alex smiled once again, heading for the stairs.
Hopping up the steps two at a time, Alex couldn't help but think about how nervous he was. How creepy this was. Of course, Jack would need his jacket back, but he knew Alex's address, he could have gotten it himself. But, Alex had to show he was a gentleman, bringing back Jack's jacket is definitely a gentleman move.
He shook the thoughts out of his head as came face to face with Jack;s door, knocking slightly, he pushed it open. The first thing Alex saw when he walked in was Jack. He was cuddled up in his bed, blankets wrapped all around him in a warm cocoon, and he looked so adorable Alex wanted to 'awwh' out loud. Tossing the jacket on Jack's desk chair, Alex kicked off his shoes and crawled on the bed with Jack.
"What? Who's there?" Jack turned his eyes away from his T.V on the far end of the bed to see Alex sitting next to him. "Holy shit, you scared me. Know how to knock dude?"
"Yeah, and I did, you loser." Alex replied, laying down to snuggle into Jack.
"What are you doing?" Jack asked, involuntarily wrapping his arm around Alex.
"Excuse you, it is our one week friendiversary, and this is the only appropriate way to celebrate it." Alex stated like it was the most obvious thing in the world.
"Oh, well I am so very sorry." Jack faked an apology.
"Shut it. What are you watching?" Alex laid down so his head was resting on Jack's chest.
"The Nightmare Before Christmas. You want me to restart it?" Jacks other hand went to ideally play with Alex's hair.
"Nah, it's okay. This is my favorite part anyways."
*
Three months later, Jack and Alex were the closets friends anyone knew. You'd never see one without the other, and when you did, it was in school. Even then the boys would leave campus on their lunch breaks to meet up. Everything was going great in Jack and Alex world, they practically knew everything about each other. That was until Jack's graduation.
Jack was finally going to graduate high school, and of course move on to college. It was no surprise Jack planned on going to the same college as Alex, and it was no surprise when Jack gave Alex a ticket to his graduation ceremony. You were only supposed to invite family, but Alex was Jack's exception. He was always the only exception. The tickets came with a plus one so parents could share one ticket. Jack casually mentioned it to Alex, but didn't really expect the older boy to bring someone. Boy, was he wrong.
After the ceremony ended, Jack was waiting outside for his family, and Alex, to show. He spotted them walking out the huge double doors, and waved them over. Jack was confused though, there were only supposed to be eight people; his mom and dad, his grandma and grandpa, May, Joe, Leeyh, and Alex, but there were nine people. A mystery girl standing next to Alex, his arm wrapped around her torso.
"Oh, my baby graduated! You're getting so old." Joyce cooed as she threw her arms around her son. Jack slowly lifted his arms to return the hug, but couldn't stop looking at the girl Alex was with. Who was she? Why did he bring her? Just, what?
"We're proud of you, son." Bassam gave him a pat on the back once Joyce pulled away.
"Thanks dad." Jack said in a quiet voice.
After several hugs and congratulations from his family members, they decided it was time to leave. Leaving Alex, Jack, and mystery girl to head to Jack's graduation after party. Before piling into Alex's car, mystery girl introduced herself, seeing as Alex wouldn't do it, and it would break the tension heavy silence that fell upon them.
"Hi, I'm Kiersten. Alex had told me so much about you." The girl; Kiersten, gushed.
"Oh, wow, that's cool." Jack looked up at Alex to see he had a shameful look on his face and was staring at the ground. "I'm Jack, obviously you knew that." Jack stuck out his hand for her to shake, and she took it. Her hand was too soft, too delicate, nothing that Jack liked.

Soon they arrived at Alex's house, seeing half the people from Jacks class there, and half of the college kids. Kellin and Justin were the first to congratulate Jack at the party, not even Alex had said so yet.
Jack grumbled something about going to Alex's room to freshen up, and left the fun atmosphere of the party. He took of the graduation gown and cap, throwing them somewhere on Alex's floor, and flopped on Alex's comfy bed.
Was he mad at Alex? Sort of. Did he have a crush on Alex? Sort of. Was he positive Alex had returned the feelings too? Sort of. But, the fact he had a crush on Alex wasn't what pissed him off. It was the fact he had a girlfriend and he never told Jack, then decided the best time for them to meet was Jack's graduation.
"Ugh." Jack groaned aloud, dragging his hands down his face.
"What are you 'ughing' at?" Jack heard his voice.
"You." Jack turned to look at Alex. He wasn't about to lie and say nothing, Alex and Jack were friends, they had to be honest with each other.
"Me? Why, what did I do?" Alex asked, pretending to be innocent.
"Oh, don't play that card. Really, Alex? We're best friends, tell each other everything, but you can't tell me you have a girlfriend? And when you do, wait, you didn't even introduce her, she had to do it herself! But, when you did decide to finally have us meet it was at my graduation, you didn't even tell me you were bring someone." Jack got up to stand in front of Alex, his anger bubbling to the surface.
"You're mad at because of that?" Alex spat right back in Jack's face. "You never even asked if I had a girlfriend, maybe I had one before we even met?"
Jack didn't think about that, and was silent for a couple moments.
"Well, did you?" He asked in a quiet voice.
"No, but-"
"Exactly. You should have told me, I wouldn't of gotten mad. Why didn't you tell me?" Jack cut Alex off.
"Because maybe I didn't want to. You don't have to know everything about me, Jack." Alex rolled his eyes, and crossed his arms.
"Fuck you, asshole." Jack pushed past Alex trying to get to the door.
"I'm not done." Alex said, causing Jack to turn around. "You're a narcissistic asshole who expects everyone to drop what they're doing and hang out with him."
"I'm the narcissistic asshole? Have you met yourself?" Jack asked, astonished. Alex was the asshole. He is definitely the asshole.
"Yes, I have, and I'm a shit ton better than you." Alex sneered.
"Way to show me what the definition of narcissism is. Again, fuck you Alex." This time Alex let Jack leave, both of them seething.
Jack stormed down the hall, and out the front door. Deciding to completely skip his own party.
"Hey, congratulations." One of Alex's friends, Matt, told Jack.
"Thanks, Flyzik." Jack muttered, walking across the lawn.
"Wait, where are you going? Isn't this your party?"
"Alex is an asshole." Jack answered, not turning around and headed to his own house.
*
A week later, Jack was cuddled in his bed all alone. The warm comforter pulled up to his shoulders, and tucked under his feet. He was re watching The Nightmare Before Christmas, and was fast forwarding through Kidnap Mr. Sandy Claws; Alex's favorite part. It didn't feel right watching it without him, and all he could do if he watched it was think of Alex. That's all that seemed to be on his mind lately, Alex, Alex, and Alex.
He paused the movie when he heard a tap on his window. Throwing the blanket off, he trudged to the window. He saw little pebbles hit his window then fall, and rolled his eyes. Because, really? How cliche. He lifted the window up, and pulled the screen out when he saw it was Alex.
"What are you doing here?" Jack asked, annoyance evident in his tone.
"I wanted to apologize." Alex said, rocking back and forth on his feet.
"So, apologize." Jack knelt on the floor, so he could comfortably sit by the window.
"Okay." And with that Alex wrapped his arms around Jack's neck, letting Jack know he could pull away at any moment if he wanted too, and pushed their lips together. Loosening his grip around Jack, letting him know that he could pull away if he wanted too. Much to Alex's disappointment, Jack did pull away, still keeping their faces close though. Licking his lips, he let out a breathy question.
"What are you doing?"
"Kissing you."
"Why?"
"Why not?" Alex slotted their lips together again, moving his slowly against Jack's. Jack reacted, moving his lips in time with Alex's. Alex got up on his tippy toes to deepen the kiss, when Jack pulled away yet again. Alex let out a groan of annoyance and a pout.
"Come on, ya big baby. This is such an awkward position to sit in." Jack chuckled, holding out a hand to help Alex climb in.
Alex kicked off his shoes, and clambered onto the bed.
"Oo, it's at my favorite part!" Alex giggled, hitting play. Jack rolled his eyes with a smile on his face, and stood next to the bed.
"Move over, ya idiot."
"Hey, that's not a nice way to talk to your boyfriend." Alex scolded, moving over anyways.
"Boyfriend? When did we decide that?" Jack raised an eyebrow, settling in next to Alex, who snuggled into Jack's side.
"Uh, I decided it last week." Alex looked up at Jack, smiling the tiniest bit.
"And I get no say in it?" Jack questioned, wrapping his arms around Alex.
"Nah."
"Well then."
*
Three movies later, both boys were only clad in boxers, and were cuddled up into each other's side.
"I'm so glad you came into my life Jack, Jack Barakat." Alex mumbled sleepily.
"I'm so glad you let me come into your life."
♠ ♠ ♠
Wowza, that was...unusual? This isn't how I usually write and all of this is so new to me!! Also, I have no clue if how I described Alex when he was high is accurate at all. I've only been like high twice in my life, cause I'm so hardcore. Hope you enjoyed it, friends!