You Found Me

You Found Me Proluge

I Found You Prologue

"Come on Grace you promised me you would stay a little longer, do I have to bring you home now?" Jesse pleaded pulling Grace back into the sitting room while she was trying to put on her purple hooded jumper.

"No Jesse I can't I promised my mom I would be home by now and she thinks I'm over Jade's doing our French project, when in fact I'm here fooling around with my gorgeous boyfriend watching movies" pecking Jesse on the cheek then picks up her bag off the coffee table looking back at her boyfriend who was giving her his best puppy dog eyes. "Come on Jesse take me home, if I don't go now my mom will be pissed at me I'm already past curfew, so get your shoes on come on please" Grace picking up his black leather jacket and tossing it to him so he caught it and put it on then grabbing his keys out of the bowl on the coffee table and placing them in his jacket pocket.

"Ok then guess I'll take you home on one condition I get to do this before I take you home" Jesse said then leaning down kissing Grace softly at first his hands on the small of her back then Grace responds back and pulls away and sighs happily. "Ok then we really need to go now" Grace blushed a little and pulled Jesse out the door him closing it behind him.

-GLEE-

Arriving at the end of the street where Grace lived, she noticed her Aunt Carole's car and flashing of police car lights bouncing off the car near by. And panic set in something has happened to her mother.

"Ok I gotta go the police and my aunt here at the same time it looks like my mom has gone over the edge with her drinking again, don't look so worried I'll be fine" kissing Jesse on the cheek then getting out of the car closing the door behind her and Jesse getting out the other side to stand next to her.

"Sure you don't want me to come with you make sure everything is alright?" sounding worried lacing his fingers with hers.

"No, no I'll be fine this don't worry about me so much and I find it cute that your concerned about my safety" unclasping her hands from his and wrapping them around his neck and kissing him lightly on the lips "now go I'll call you later" then pushing him away with a playful shove.

"Ok, then see you later, love you" kissing her then getting back into his car.

"Love you too, see you later" now waving goodbye as he turned round and drove away

Grace started making her way down to her house still noticing her aunt's car and police car still there like they were waiting for someone, waiting for her.

"Aunt Carole what's going on where's mom? Grace asked walking up to her aunt seeing sadness in her eyes.

"Grace, honey your mother she had a car accident-" she started to reply back to her but she cut her short trying to understand what was happening.

"What? Where is she? Is she ok?" Grace asked her voice starting to shake and feeling tears forming in her eyes, she knew the worse news in her life was about to come out of her aunt's mouth.

"Grace, honey I'm so sorry but your mother she died on the way to the hospital, I'm so sorry honey" she replied putting a hand on her shoulder but she moved away like she was burnt.

"She can't be gone, she can't I only not long talked to her a couple of hours ago she was fine..."Grace started to sobbing tears coming down her face and her aunt pulling Grace into a hug who now gripped tightly on to her aunt crying into her shoulder soaking her top.

-GLEE-

...A few days later

"Grace are you ready, mom told me to come get you the car is ready to go" her cousin Finn said in a comforting tone coming towards her and placing a reassuring hand on her shoulder and giving it a gentle squeeze. "Yeah I'm coming Finn" Grace said turning to look up at Finn and grabbing hold of a black cardigan that had her mothers broach of a white rose and putting it over her black dress and leaving her room with Finn saying nothing to each other.

...The next day

"Sorry about your mom, I knew that she meant a lot to you I wish I could have been there for you at the funeral but I knew that you needed your space" Jesse said kindly while cuddling on her bed watching a DVD but not really paying much attention to it.

"Thanks, it means a lot to me that you came over to see me I really needed you here" Grace says moving her head to rest it on Jesses chest.

"So what's with all the boxes?" asked Jesses looking around the room a couple of boxes on the floor near Grace's window.

"I'm moving to live with my Aunt Carole in Lima, she's my legal guardian and has already enrolled me in school there" she replied back moving out of Jesse's arms to over and sit on the edge of her bed.

"When are you leaving? I want to say goodbye before you go" Jesse asked moving to join her putting his arm around Grace's shoulders.

"I'll be gone by tomorrow morning my aunt wants me to get settled in asap, get to know the area before I start school, so she's kind of in a hurry to get things moving and I don't know if I can do this, I have been thinking about it all day before you came over and the possibility that we are not going to be able to see each other much anymore hurts too much, so I think we should break up" Grace replies back unhappily getting up off her standing with her arms crossed and look at anywhere but her soon to be ex boyfriends face.

"Grace, no we can't break up your the only thing that makes my heart pound when we hold hands, steal secret little glances at each other across a room, even when we kiss in the hallways at school. I still can't believe that it was with my best friend that was there for me after I broke up with Jenna and it became something more, I fell in love with my best friend, after all we've been through Grace don't leave things like this I love you so much" Jesse pleaded standing in front of Grace pressing his forehead against hers, as she felt tears running down her face knowing it was killing her that she didn't want to end it like this either but it was the best.

"I love you too Jesse, so much but I think that we need to go our separate ways for awhile until then it's best if we say goodbye to each other now it will just get harder, goodbye Jesse I'll miss you" Grace leans up to kiss him softly tasting the saltiness of her tears when she kissed him.

"Goodbye, Grace" feeling Jesse leaving her lips and then she opened her eyes he was gone all she could hear was the front door closing.

Grace then looked at the picture frame of her mother from when she was born on her bedside table looking at it and sat on the floor bringing her legs into her chest, crying for the loss of her mother, crying for breaking Jess's heart and crying because she felt alone. She then got the picture frame and opened it to take out the photo a piece of paper fell out, wondering when it got in there she opened it and started to read :

Dear Grace

It feels like only yesterday that I held you in my arms for the first time you were the most beautiful baby that I had ever seen and I fell in love with you straight away, holding you close never wanting to let anything harm you in anyway. But by now if you have found this letter and you are reading it I wrote it the day after your tenth birthday, now if you have found this by now you'll be grown up .

But there are some things I wish I could tell you when you asked about your father but never could explain it. But if anything happens to me and I'm not there anymore, I want you to find your father, so I will have some things that will help you, my journal's they explain everything to you and help you along the way. And Grace when you do find each other don't let go.

I love you, my little angel and mommy will always watch over you.

With all my love, hugs and kisses

Mom

Grace's tears hit the paper knowing that after all the years of asking she would finally get the truth about the man that was her father now she didn't feel alone anymore. And it would be a long journey for her, and it would all start to come together when she moved to Lima with her aunt where it all happened and there is where she would find him.