Status: Update every other day, chapter by chapter

Love at First Fight

Chapter 14

There wasn't really much of a reason why there was parachutes on this plane, perhaps it was because it is a private plane, or maybe the company is that rich, but I told everybody to grab one. Once we were strapped on, we all jumped out of the plane. It was hard for Lisa, because not only was she afraid of planes, but she was afraid of heights as well. I told her to trust me and she would be safe with me, but that didn't really calm her down that much. I eventually got her in time to jump before the plane crashed. The explosion could have been heard from two streets away, but no one would care because of the multiple explosions everywhere. I could feel the heat, like stepping into a campfire. The explosion looked like fireworks, similar to the ones you would see on Canada's Day, or in this case, the fourth of July. When I jumped off the plane, a gust of air blasted in my face. The heavy air was constant until I pulled the chute. It whistled in my ear as I descended down. Finally, I pulled my chute and I immediately slowed down. I saw a massive part of the city, but the fire didn't really make it all that pretty. The air in the sky was easier to breathe than the air on the ground, but I managed. Lisa pulled her chute next, followed by Liam, then the girl. I glanced down at the boy that was with us, whom was having problems with his chute.
“Pull the string!” I yelled.
“It's stuck!” He screamed back. I panicked. He was the one that knew more than all of us when it came to planes, and he was having trouble with his parachute. If I went after him, that would mean taking my chute away, which would mean death for me. I watched as he fell to the ground. 100 feet below me, a Trek Ship came from the left. It sped faster than what I was expecting. The purple tint glittered in the sky as it raced across the sky. It was getting closer to the boy in our group.
“Watch out!” I screamed, but I realized it was worthless. The boy was in the ships sight, and in a few seconds, the ship crossed my right side. The purple tint had a thick blood-red colour on its window. “That isn't good.” I thought. I glanced back at the boy. Not only did it kill the boy, but it decapitated him. I knew that because I could see his head falling in one place, and his body in another. Thankfully the injury was too far to see, or I would be sick. My heart sunk. I was greatly saddened. I had to focus on getting to the ground, or all of us would be dead.

We made it to the ground, close to the boy's fallen body. The girl that was in our group had ran up towards the kid, bursting in tears. They must have been close friends, because even though he was decapitated, she was trying to hold his hands. She couldn't keep her eyes open, because her tears forced them shut. She screamed in pain, emotional pain, like someone just ripped your heart out of your chest. Lisa and I surrounded her, and held her, but dared not to look at the dead body. When I did look, all I could notice before my stomach felt weak was blood stains on his yellow striped golf shirt, and blood on the ground. Liam stood from afar, gripping his gun tightly, with a slightly angered expression planted on his face. Lisa, like the girl, burst into tears, but she wasn't as bad as the girl. I felt like crying as well, and I didn't even know the boys name. I started to get angry at myself, even for the simple things, like actually getting to know the kid. The simple easy things could have changed his life, but this situation would've been the same. I tried to take the blame for his death on myself, but I had to evidence to prove it. Lisa tightened her grip on the girl as she cried. Liam loosened his grip on his gun, and walked closer to us.
“I am sorry, but we have to keep going.” Liam ordered, there was little sadness in his voice. He didn't really have any connection with him, and I was a sucker for sadness, so in my head I forgave him for not sorrowing. I nodded my head and I helped Lisa up. We started walking, but we noticed the girl was still at the lifeless body, not making a movement, not making a sound, which definitely told us she was done crying.
“Let's go.” Liam demanded.
“I want to bury him.” Was the only thing she said. Lisa walked over to her and sat down beside her again.
“I know how you feel.” Lisa said, supported the girl. “This boy was important to you. If the same thing happened to Jordan, I would feel the same way, but just remember something. We are at war. If we had time to bury them, we would all be dead. He wouldn't want you to ponder over his death. He would want you to continue this battle and fight back.”
“What's the point? I'm not doing anything anyways! You three are the ones doing all the stuff anyways, how have I helped at all? I'm just a follower, you never needed me.
“We're losing time, let's go.” Liam repeated.
“Please can you come with us? For the record, you are doing something. You are surviving, and that's something you should be thankful for, now let's go.” Finally, the girl agreed and came along with us.

When we reached the White House, military forces were shooting down the Preminanté that were trying to attack the building. The military stood there ground impressively as the Preminanté pounded on them. We managed to sneak pass them and enter the building. I have never seen the building before, but I didn't have time to be amazed.
As I stayed focus, the girls stared at the lobby in wonder. The first thing I noticed was a woman hiding under her desk, becoming more paranoid as each thump roared on the ground.
“Who are you?” She asked.
“My name is Jordan, this sounds a little crazy, but I managed to contact with the aliens and they told us the plan to destroy Earth.”
“So they just... told you?”
“Let's just say we made them spit it out.” Liam broke in to the conversation. His eyes narrowed at the woman. “Can you help us find the way to the president, this is for his, and for your safety.” She slowly stood up and grabbed her books.
“Follow me.” She said. I had absolutely no idea why she agreed to do so, but I was glad she did. I glanced back at Liam, whom was showing a great lack of trust to the lady.
“The president is in a hideout that is underground pass that doorway over there.” She informed us. We walked over to the door and she slowed down a little to let us go by. The girl in the group was at the front, followed by Lisa, then Liam, and I was at the back with the woman, whom I figured was the president's secretary. I felt sorry for her, having all this weight on her shoulders while assuring the president's safety, but I was curious as to why she was hiding at the front. Suddenly, I saw Liam turn around.
“Watch out!” He yelled. I turned around to see the helpless woman grab me and throw me to the ground. She pushed Liam forward and closed the door. As she locked it, she turned towards my direction.
“Finally, I get to see the infamous human face to face.” She grinned. I was confused until I realized she had a sparkle in her eyes. She was an alien. In anger, I jumped up and swung my fist at her. It grabbed my fist and twisted it. It was painful and it made me feel inferior. With my spare hand, I grabbed the closest object to me, which was a vase, and smashed it in it's face. At this time the Preminanté covered its eyes and backed away. I had the upper hand. I swung again and it continued to back up. The alien looked into my eyes and started forming it's body into my own. I always hated when it did that. I swung the flower-covered vase at its direction, and it managed to smack my wrist and I dropped it. It threw a fist in my face and I fell down.
“I should kill you, wait till I tell my fellow Preminanté warriors that I killed Jordan and his rebel friends.” It taunted. I heard pounding from the closed door that the others were in.
“Wait, you know who I am?” I asked.
“Of course I do. You and your fellow humans are the only humans that have found out about our identity. All the others were blinded by their coward-like expressions. You have discovered our secrets and have found out ways to kill us. You and your fellow human warriors are the biggest threat that we've ever encountered, and you're only a child, as you call them. It would be impressive, if you were, well less weak.”
I became furious. I stood up and charged at me, but it took its weapon and fired at me. I felt something pointing at my neck, and I pulled it out to see what it was. It was a dart of some sort. I realized that it was a sleeping dart. Like it was supposed to make me do, I collapsed to the ground. My eyelids were quickly weakening and were telling me to pass out. Before I passed out, I remember watching Liam break down the door, to help me. My eyelids covered my helpless eyes and I passed out.