Status: Update every other day, chapter by chapter

Love at First Fight

Chapter 22

When I took the drink, I didn't think I would awake. I thought I would die, and live the after life with him. Although I would prefer it if it ended like that, I did wake up. The area was blurry, the sky was lighter than I first remembered, but it was still pretty dark. The golden robot behind us disappeared. When I looked around, every other foreign species and object disappeared. At first I thought it was all a dream, until I saw buildings on fire, like they were before. I looked down at my boyfriend. His eyes were shut, he was perfectly still, as if he was paralyzed. He was the first one I ever said “I love you.” to, and I definitely meant it. The way he would protect me, the way I would protect him. I felt that nothing could be stronger than that.
“Jordan?” I spoke softly in his ear, hoping for a response. I waited a while, but nothing happened. I put my head on his heart to find a pulse. I remembered how cuddly he was. A flashback came to me of when we would lie down on his couch and I giggled, saying that he was “comfy”. There is nothing I wouldn't do to have that back. I searched and searched for a heart beat. I didn't find one. I started to panic. Even the thought of losing my love was too much to handle. I checked the pulse on his hand.
“Jordan.” I repeated in a louder tone. I checked around to see if there were people to help me, but then I remembered we were the last two on the planet. My mind was racing with confusion and hopelessness as I kept on searching for a pulse. I checked his neck, his other arm, his heart again, I tried CPR. Nothing worked.
“Jordan!” I cried. “Wake up!” Tears formed in my eyes. The one person I said I loved died. My heart pumped violently inside of my chest. I laid down on top of him, crying and crying until there was no more tears inside of me. I wanted to take the blame on myself. I should have stopped him from taking the potion. I would blame it on Liam, but if it wasn't for him, we'd be both dead. Maybe things would be better that way. It felt like I was hit in the chest by a brick. I started to doubt life's purposes. Without him, I was nothing. I understand what love meant: to be willing to die for another. Although I also believed that love is indescribable, that's the most common definition I could think of. Picture a young boy receiving a game that he loved and played a lot. Now picture his father taking the game and destroying it in his face. This is how I felt. I was so broken inside. There was no word that described how I felt. I wanted him back so much. He meant everything to me. He was my shield. He was my knight in shining armour. He was my protector. Now, I was left alone, cold, and weak. I couldn't stand it. I didn't think my life was worth living anymore. I broke down in tears again. I lifted myself off Jordan and walked towards a car. I started the car up, put on my seat belt, and drove away. Even though I didn't learn how to drive a car, a part of me didn't care. My turning was horrible, and so was my breaking. That gave me more self doubt.
“You can't do anything.” I thought to myself. “You're just a waste of time, you screw everything up.” I wasn't sure if I had any tears left in me, but if I did, I was forcing them out. Even if I wanted to live alone, what would I do? I would eat breakfast alone, wander the streets alone, the most exciting part of the day would be me crying myself to sleep. I drove to the lighthouse, where I remembered seeing lots of police cars. I walked to a police man, drowning in his own blood. He carried some sort of pistol. I took it and went back to the car. I missed Jordan so much. I wanted to be with him again. My hand started to shake uncontrollably. I wondered if I was doing the right thing, but I didn't know what else to do. I could wait for the Preminanté to come back, then they could laugh at me, perhaps present me as a zoo animal, where I would be humiliated and depressed. They would take Jordan's corpse and probably burn it. I wanted to be with him, when I died. There was no one I felt more connected to. There was no one I cared for more than him. There's no one else I would die for.
I reached the place I woke up in. I saw Jordan's body, laying lifeless in the destroyed city full of wicked disasters. My love was there, but his spirit was nowhere to be found. The instant I saw him, I began to cry again. I slowly opened the door, shaking my hand as I did so. Anxiety overpowered me. The only thoughts I could think of were negative. I had nothing left in me.
I stood in front of my love. The gun that was at my side, was trembling. I took a while for me to bring it up. I remembered Jordan promised me that when he had his stage of depression, he wouldn't kill himself. Now I would be taking his place, although I never promised Jordan the same promise he gave to me.
A bird cawed above me. I was so nervous I accidentally fired the gun and killed the bird. It blasted towards the ground and it bounced before it as well laid lifeless on the street. I went down to my knees. My eyes were forced shut by my tears. I was confused and alone. I slowly lifted the gun towards my neck.
“This is it.” I thought. “This is finally the end.” When I pictured my death, I pictured it on a bedside, surrounded by the ones I loved. Now, the only one that I am surrounded by that loved me was dead. I thought that he was going to propose to me, once I said I loved him, if the war did not happen. When I thought about the attack, hatred grew inside of me for the Preminanté. They were a disgusting race. They were full of themselves and twisted into thinking they could take on the whole galaxy.
My hand refused to stay still. I brought the gun to my neck. Never before was I filled with so much depression. My heart continued to thump rapidly. I opened my eyes, though it was hard to see anything through my tears. I saw my love. He was so handsome. Any girl would be lucky to have him. I wish that I spent my time more wisely with him rather than fighting. I never wanted it to end this way, but I had no other choice. I painfully cried a few more tears.
“I will see you again.” I told his corpse while crying. “I promise.” I took one last breath and instantly pulled the trigger.

All was lifeless on Earth. Nothing survived the wrath of the Preminanté. The Earth was silent and desperately waited for a life force to claim it as home again. Jordan and Lisa lay dead on top of each other, proving to the Preminanté that nothing is more powerful than love.
♠ ♠ ♠
You may choose to end the story here, but if you want, there is one more chapter to read.
I designed this book to end in three ways. Those three ways are in the perspective of three characters. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, read on my friends, read on...