Heartless

unexpected (part one of 2)

I feel the cool caressing wind waking me up. I covered my head with my blanket...wait.A blanket?
I flipped it away and my eyes fluttered open. When I went to sleep I didn't bring any blankets with me because I was in my hoodie. Enough to keep me warm during the night. I checked my phone,the screen of it showing 8 am along with a notification from instagram.

@bricksatmywindow tagged you in a post : This lady fell asleep in the hammock . Now @lavanderpaige ,gimme back my blanket,please xx

I smiled and left the hammock and packed Josh's blanket. Why did he give it to me anyways? I wasn't freezing.

I headed to You Me At Six's bus but before knocking I decided to bring two cups of coffee. I returned at the bus and the door was slightly open ,which made my way more easy. I headed to the bunk side and decided to guess which one was Josh's. I chose one who was above the second lower one on the left side.

It was him,snoring like a little bear.I took a photo of him and posted it.

@lavanderpaige : Thank You for giving me your blanket @bricksatmywindow . Take it back xx

His phone buzzed and I freaked out because I was right in front of him. He woke up quiet and looked at me.
"Hey, good morning." He said in a sleepy voice. I handed him a cup of coffee. Josh smiled,showing up his white teeth.
"We better get outta here very fast because they will have a terrible hangover when they'll wake up." He said grabbing my arm and throwing the blanket in his bunk.

"Much better." I took my arm back and sipped from my coffee."You're supposed to have a terrible hangover too,don't you?" I asked. Josh laughed.
"You didn't understand ,did you?" He said. What is he talking about. Why am I such a fool and don't get anything.

"Uhm,I'm sorry." I mumbled. He smiled. "Don't be. I saw you going to sleep in that hammock and one hour later I grabbed my blanket wrapped you in it. You looked like a burrito." Josh laughed at his own joke,which cause me to laugh too.

We returned at his bus and he grabbed his phone.
"I see,you posted a photo of me on instagram. You're such a sweetheart." He said ,making me smile. I think I found a new friend.
"Lovebirds,get the fuck out! We are trying to damn sleep!"Chris yelled from his bunk and threw a pillow at us ."Now give me that shit back,I need it." He added. I grabbed the pillow and slipped in in Chris' bunk. Luckily today was a free day and they could sleep all day.

"Let's check my bus." I suggested and he nodded.
When we arrived our tour manager was yelling at Jay,Brad and Steph. There was Austin Carlile too and I think I know why. Josh went to Austin and asked him what happened. The tour manager didn't notice me and Austin told us that he slept with Steph and early morning they got caught by Brad and Jay who were laughing. They all drank their asses off. All except me.

"I don't want to argue with you anymore,but I swear if this tour's not going to be how it was planned to be I'm going to stab you three. Where's the last misfit? Where the fuck is Paige?!" He yelled causing my ears to ring. Actually I hate hostile people,and maybe I hate her because every time she was yelling at us,and sometimes we didn't do anything,but this is,we didn't choose our tour manager.
"I'm here. Why are you yelling,again? It's getting annoying,did you know?" I said loud enough and she turned around to see where my voice came from.She gave me one of her evil glares while I remained with my unconcerned look.
"Where have you been?" She asked,not yelling.
"I was sleeping in a hammock,outside. The sky was starry and beautiful last night. Don't you dare to yell at me now,I'm not in the mood of it right now. Today we don't have any concerts and they have a terrible hangover. All of them,so if you don't want it to progress into a massive quarrel then mind your own business and I'll take care of them. Now if you're done,thank you for wasting your time on us ,and leave." I let out my little speech while jaws were dropping one by one. But things calmed down . She cleared her throat before saying something and her face didn't reflect anger.
"It's your turn to deal with them and if you'll have any problems with these twats,call me." With that she left. Brad gave me a high five and we laughed.
"Now explain how you're doing this?" Steph asked . Well,that's not too much. I just don't act like a child ,not all the time,at least.
"It's nothing hard.I don't know how I'm doing that..." Jay laughed at my words.
"So you're telling me that you could tame that wolf,but you don't know how you did it?Nevermind and whatever,but do it more often because she's getting on my nerves ." He tapped me on the shoulder."Now let's go eat something because I'm starving. "
Josh and Austin were chatting under their breathes so no one could hear what they were talking about.There was a very big difference between Josh and Austin. Austin had a lot of tattoos and Josh didn't have any. I want to get a tattoo but I never find a right one.
"You wanna go?" Jay repeated and punched my back. I yelled in pain.
"Do you think you're fucking undying,Jay? My back hurts so damn much and you dare to punch me? I can literally stab you for that!" I shouted to him. He started to apologize non-stop and I just shrugged and went to the bunk side " I'm going to take a shower. You can go eat without me." I grabbed my clothes and shut the door behind me after getting in the bathroom.

Looking at my back in the mirror was already painful . I had a purple bruise on my back and it was on the most part of my back because I when I fell I landed on my back,also hitting my head.
When I got out from the shower the bus was empty . I was lucky ,because if they would be in the bus I couldn't do anything.

I turned off the electric kettle and took my green tea infusion. In the cupboard we had cookies and nutella,which makes me feel better no matter what.

I went back into my bunk,grabbed my laptop and started to watch a movie,eating cookies and drinking my tea. Soon I heard the bus door open but I remained silent in my bunk and shut my laptop,staying in complete darkness because my curtain blocked the light.
I heard someone's voices,but didn't recognize them.They were in next to the bunk side and I could hear what they were talking about.But then it hit me that it was Jay and Alan talking.
"Where are we going tonight? Hangin' out before leaving or we can organize a party." Alan suggested.
"It'd be better if you'll make a party. I don't think they would want to go somewhere,also next concert we'll have in california and there are the best clubs." Jay said. Why the fuck they need to make another party? They want more problems with our tour manager or what?
"Hey dude,your drummer." I froze when Alan started to talk about me.
"Yeah?"
"Can you make her come? She seems really cool but too numb. but I'd like to party with her. She's hot. Make her come." Alan begged. Why would he want me to be at their party. I never party and I even hate them,and drinking and all like that.
"I doubt it. She wouldn't come." Jay said truthfully . My boy knows me well.
"Why,man,a girl hot like her should'n be like that." Alan said and I was getting really mad. I didn't mean to seem hot for them. I don't even wear make-up and my hair's always a mess. I do this to keep them away. What the fuck.
"I'd like not to tell you. She's my friend. She used to be different,she just,you know,changedand I don't want to tell you why. It's her past. I'll try to make her come,but I doubt that I'll succeed with that. I'll give it a try." I buried myself in my own blankets when they came next to my bunk,but Jay just wanted to take something from his bunk so they didn't even look in my bunk. I heard the bus' door shut and I understood that they left.

I got out from the bunk side trying to understand what I just heard. I looked in the window if there wasn't somebody outside. Clear.
I went outside and lit up one cigarette. Why does Alan think that I'll go on a party. I'm never going and I don't want to. They're gross. If the're going to a party I'll lock the bus tonight,and I wouldn't let them in,because fuck that. Last night I slept outside,It's my turn to have the bus on my own.
"Remember the day we first met? I jumped in my seat and then realized who it was.
"Gad damn ,Joshua,why you're always such a creeper. I remember,in Weybridge. " He smiled.
"You coming today at Of Mice & Men's party?" He asked. I rolled my eyes.
"Nah,I'll lock myself in the bus and I won't let anyone in until morning,because fuck everyone,that's why." I told him.
"That's so evil! I'll need your tips sometimes. You sure you won't come?" He asked,standing up.
"Sure." he nodded,ruffled my hair and left.

Stephanie was running towards the bus and I stopped her. "What's the emergency ?" I asked . She was panicking. " I must choose an outfit for tonight's party and I don't have enough time. I laughed.
"You do have enough time because I'm leaving now for grocery store to buy some food and I'll go to the nearest bakery so I wouldn't bother you. Go get ready!" She hugged me and kissed me on the cheek. I smiled and grabbed my wallet. I was about to leave the venue when Jay shouted at me to stop. I waited for him until he came.
"Sup mate?" I said. He was trying to catch his breathe.
"Phew,I wanted to talk to you.Would you come tonight at the party?" I started to laugh but then suddenly stopped and made the most serious face.
"Nevermind. Don't even try to make me go. I won't. Now give me the keys of the bus and tonight you guys are sleeping in other buses. Tonight our bus is MINE." He nodded ,making a grumpy face and gave me the keys.
"Good boy." I said and ruffled his hair. He waved to me and I left the venue.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
"Have fun!" I yelled to them and ran in the bus.
I locked the door and threw the bags on the table.
Let the music shake the bus.