Status: Completed.

Different Dimension

Twenty-Eight.

So Spring Break really couldn’t have been better for Zack. Just being able to get to know Martin’s parents (Martin's mom and Zack were bffl's now, seriously) and his family and his home friends was amazing and the fact that Martin trusted him enough, felt comfortable enough, to do all of this with him? Well, that only made him feel better. Zack honestly thought they were in a great place now, and he was excited to see what was next for them.

If only Martin could see how sappy he was being. Hah. Oh well they were adorable.

Zack spent the first night back alone in his dorm without Martin (Zack and his fellow freshmen had gone to a welcome back party last night, and Martin had firmly decided not to go too), and didn’t have any classes until the afternoon, so he took his time waking up. Surprisingly he didn’t feel too hungover, but he did need a shower. Not even Martin would want to be around him when he smelt like this.

But as Zack headed out of his dorm, he noticed someone else leaving a dorm too. Paul’s dorm.

Sierra?

Oh wow.

“Walk of Shame, or Stride of Pride?” Zack smirked.

Sierra flinched at the sound of his voice, paling slightly as she spotted him.

“Oh God, Paul’s going to kill me,” Sierra whined, running a hand over her hair.

Zack burst into laughter, earning a punch in the shoulder from his friend, who’d rushed over to his side.

“It’s not funny! Paul doesn’t want this spreading as gossip, because he’s an RA,” Sierra pouted.

Zack held his hands up in surrender. “I didn’t even know ‘this’ was a thing,” he defended.

Sierra blushed slightly.

“Yeah, well, I didn’t think you’d want to know,” Sierra shrugged.

“Of course I do – this is what friends share! And we’re friends aren’t we?” Zack pointed out.

“Yeah, we are, Jacksonville,” Sierra grinned.

Zack just laughed again. At least she wasn’t embarrassed any more.

“I’ll tell you what – you go get changed while I shower and then we can go and bother Alex about if he’s still sleeping with John too,” Zack suggested, wriggling his eyebrows.

“Sounds like fun to me!”

He knew she’d like that.

*

Soon enough Zack and Sierra were outside Alex’s dorm room, and Zack knocked three times before stepping backwards. He knew Alex would probably be in here still – he was in Zack’s classes after all so he shouldn't be busy.

“Yeah?”

“Let us in, asshole!” Sierra said cheerfully.

Alex opened the door with a scowl.

“Why do you look so cheerful?” Alex grumbled, letting them in to his dorm.

Jack was nowhere to be seen. For now, that was probably best.

“Can’t we see our buddy without an ulterior motive?” Zack said innocently.

“Not when Sierra’s grinning like that?” Alex said shortly.

Zack turned to Sierra, who just shrugged. Nice.

“We just thought we’d come down here to ask you something,” Zack said simply.

“Which is?” Alex prompted.

“Are you still sleeping with John?” Sierra blurted.

Real nice, Sierra.

Alex blushed furiously. Aha! Zack could see the triumphant smirk on Sierra’s face from here.

“W-Why would you ask that?” Alex squeaked.

“Well considering that I caught Sierra walking out of Paul’s room…” Zack trailed off, teasing.

Now it was Sierra’s turn to blush. Serves her right.

“Truce?” Sierra offered.

“Truce,” Alex nodded.

That’s better. Sometimes Zack could swear it was like dealing with children.

“So…are you still sleeping with John?” Sierra asked, tilting her head slightly.

For some reason, Alex started chewing his bottom lip, making Zack frown. That wasn’t the reaction he’d been expecting. Was something wrong?

“Alex? Is everything okay?” Zack asked softly.

This sudden change in his normally-confident friend worried him.

“Uh, well I am still sleeping with John…”

Alex trailed off, moving to sit down on his bed. Zack and Sierra wasted no time sitting either side of him. He genuinely looked like he needed the support.

“But,” Zack prompted.

“But I think I’m falling for him?” Alex winced.

Oh. Why was that a problem?

“Didn’t you say that John didn’t want a relationship and you were happy with that? You were happy it was just casual, no strings, hot crazy sex?” Sierra frowned.

Oh.

“Oh Alex,” Zack murmured.

Now he got it. Now he understood the hesitation on Alex’s face. He never intended to fall for John but he had done anyway…and it would all amount to nothing.

“I don’t even know what to do about it! John’s made it clear that he only wants casual sex which was fine to start with but I’ve gotten all attached to his stupid attractive face,” Alex groaned.

“Don’t forget his stupid attractive body,” Sierra added.

Alex just nodded miserably.

Wow. He really is seriously about falling for him.

“Have you tried talking to him?” Zack asked.

“No, how can I?” Alex grumbled.

“You need to try, Alex. Or you’ll never know,” Sierra said, smiling sadly.

Alex swallowed heavily

“I think he’s just using me for sex because I’m a pretty face and an easy hole,”

“Jesus,” Sierra cursed.

Zack just winced. He couldn’t believe Alex thought of himself like that.

“You need to talk to him. You are worth more than that, and you need to make it clear to him,” Zack said firmly.

Alex couldn’t believe he was worth that little, truly.

“And how could he not like you, Lex? You’d be great for him,” Sierra added, her smile now encouraging.

“You think?” Alex asked, biting his lip.

“We know,” Sierra said, Zack nodding.

Alex looked at his lap for a few seconds before nodding, a small smile spreading across his lips. That was more like it.

“I’ll talk to him tonight,” Alex eventually said.

“Good,” Sierra grinned, ruffling his hair.

Alex whined, batting her hand away, making Zack laugh. Such children.

“We’ve still got 2 hours before class – does anyone feel like getting ice-cream?” Zack suggested.

“Oh hell yes,” Alex groaned.

“Chocolate ice-cream with chocolate sauce and chocolate sprinkles solves all problems. It’s science,” Sierra said simply.

Uh huh. Sure. Zack wasn’t going to say no to chocolate though.

“I don’t think my hips will agree with you,” Alex snickered, standing up anyway.

“Oh like you don’t have enough athletic sex with John to burn it off,” Sierra teased.

Alex blushed again, making Sierra and Zack laugh. Zack was just glad they’d managed to cheer Alex up. He couldn’t imagine what Alex would be like if John told him his doubts were correct. Not that he would, right?
♠ ♠ ♠
Uh yeah.
The next one is going to be a bit angsty, sorry!

Sorry for the long wait again too. I'm hoping to buy a new laptop this weekend, so that should speed up things a little! Although I shall be starting a new co-write so...
:)

Thank you to everyone who read the last chapter, and to the following for commenting! Please keep your feedback coming!

AnimalAnnise
xMareBear14x
fiction246
Tattoo

xo