Status: Completed.

Different Dimension

Four.

It had been almost an entire month since the party passed, making it nicely into the first week of October. Zack couldn’t believe how fast his first month of college had gone. Between super interesting classes, and calling his parents every weekend, and texting his sister every day, and hanging out with Rian, Alex, Jack, Sierra and Tay (apparently they were all a group now, which was nice), he barely had time to think. Plus there was the Photography Society his sister had persuaded him to sign up to, to encourage his hobby, so he met up in the local coffee shop with those students once a week. He was busy but he loved it. Zack honestly didn’t think college would start so well for him, but he was glad it had.

Well, it was sort of going well. This morning he’d left his dorm key on his bed, and now he’d finished classes, he couldn’t get back in. Rian had locked the dorm, obviously, on his way out this morning and wasn’t replying to Zack’s texts. He was probably in the middle of a class, so Zack couldn’t be mad at him, but fuck this was not how he wanted his day to go.

With no other choice, Zack trudged down to his RA Paul’s dorm at the end of the corridor. He just hoped Paul wasn’t in class too. That would suck. Thankfully, luck was on Zack’s side this time, and Paul opened his door with a smile.

“Hey Zack,” Paul said cheerfully, “you okay?”

“Hey. Um, I left my key in my room this morning? And my dormmate is in class still?” Zack admitted.

Paul laughed, nodding. “It happens, don’t worry about it. I suppose you want me to unlock your dorm for you?”

“Yeah, if that’s okay,” Zack nodded, shoving his hands in his pockets.

Why was he such an idiot? Key in pocket at all times, Zack!

“No problem. Just don’t make a habit of it,” Paul teased.

Zack just blushed, making Paul laugh again.

“Wait there a second. I’ll just go get my spare keys,” Paul told him.

Zack stood in the doorway, chewing his bottom lip while Paul walked back into his dorm room…only to see someone sitting on his bed. A very familiar someone.

No way. It was the Johnson guy from the party! The incredibly hot guy Zack hadn’t been able to get out of his head! How did he…

Zack couldn’t help but blush as the guy looked at him, two seconds before his eyes went wide.

“Hey, I know you!” the guy grinned.

He remembered Zack! Yes!

“Y-Yeah, from Sierra’s cousin’s party,” Zack nodded, trying to keep his cool.

Only a slight stutter. That was good.

“You know Zack, Martin?” Paul asked his friend, raising an eyebrow.

Martin. That name suited him. Martin Johnson. Yeah, Zack liked that.

“I saved his ass from Oli Crabtree at the party. Zack was the freshman who wasn’t drinking,” the guy…Martin smirked.

Zack blushed even more as Martin laughed and Paul snickered.

“You weren’t drinking?” Paul mused.

Damn it.

“It was only one can of Pepsi,” Zack murmured, embarrassed.

Seriously, did he have to bring that up? He didn’t want to look like a complete loser freshman, not in front of Martin.

“It’s not like you were drinking that night either, Marty,” Paul pointed out.

“Only because I was driving your drunk ass back to campus to save your RA reputation,” Martin shot back.

Wait, Martin wasn’t drinking that night? He was all up in Zack’s space and he hadn’t been drinking?

Wow.

“Oh good, found it,” Paul said triumphantly, holding up his spare key.

Oh. He had to leave already?

“Looks like we’ll have to continue reminiscing another time, Zack,” Martin smirked.

Zack’s breath hitched in his throat, cheeks flushing slightly. Another time. That sounded good. Paul didn’t notice this, but Martin did, smirking a little more.

“Behave, Marty. No corrupting my freshmen, remember?” Paul frowned.

“I remember not promising anything,” Martin grinned, winking in Zack’s direction, only making the younger guy blush more.

Paul rolled his eyes, and tugged Zack out of his room, the two of them walking down the corridor.

“Ignore Martin. He’s a dick,” Paul muttered, apologising.

“It’s okay!” Zack squeaked.

Really. He didn’t mind.

Paul just groaned. “At least use protection,”

“Oh my God!” Zack spluttered.

He wasn’t even thinking about that! Well, now he was, but that wasn’t the point! Paul smirked at Zack’s reaction as he opened the dorm door for him, clearly satisfied with his humiliation of the freshman.

“If you can’t find your key, let me know and I’ll sort out getting a new one for you. Until then…try not to be too loud jerking off. I know Martin’s hot, but I don’t need to hear that shit,” Paul said seriously.

Zack opened and closed his mouth, cheeks flaming, unable to think of an appropriate reply, Paul just laughing as he walked out.

Was he even allowed to say that as an RA? Even if it was probable?

“Looks like we’ll have to continue reminiscing another time, Zack,”

Well, fuck.

As Martin’s sultry voice played through his head, Paul’s friendly advice (if he could even call it that) didn’t help him out at all.

Shower. Zack needed a cold shower.
♠ ♠ ♠
And they've met properly! Yay!
The fun can only continue from here :)

Thank you to everyone who read the last chapter and to the following who commented. I really do appreciate your feedback and thoughts, so please keep them coming!

heroes.
fiction246
Forever Young.
Tattoo

xo