Savior

Avenged Sevenfold

.:Angie's POV:.

"Hey, sweetcheeks?" My customer whistled for me. "I'm ready to order!"

Glancing over at Linda, she gave me a weak smile and squeezed my arm reassuringly. Knowing that Marcus wasn't ready, he just wanted to flirt a little more.

Sighing, I pushed off the wall by the kitchen and made my way over to him, forcing down the vomit that ached to come up when his eyes watched every moved I made towards him.

"What would you like, Marcus?" I asked him, pulling out my notepad.

He smirked, leaning his elbows on the table. "Mm, I would like some eggs with home fries, and an order of you to take home with me for later." He winked.

I rolled my eyes. "Marcus, for the millionth time, I am not interested in you. I have a son to support. Not you or your drug habits."

Marcus held up his hands. "Hey, baby. No need to get feisty."

"I'm being serious." I told him. "I'll put your order in."

Walking away from him, I knew he was watching me. I could feel his green eyes on my back. Linda rubbed my back as I stood beside her.

"It'll be okay, mama." She soothed. "He's just some idiot."

"I think being called an idiot is too kind of a word for him." I grumbled out. "It's the same thing all the time."

"I know it is. I wish there was something I could do to help." She frowned. "But I'm pushing 35 here, my right hook ain't as good as it used to be." She shook her right fist. "I mean, I could kick some petty little bitches ass any day, but a man? That train is long gone. I remember when my husband," Linda shook her head, getting heated from memories of her ex-husband.

I giggled. "Lynn, calm down. I'm not asking you to fight anyone."

"Sweetie, just know that if it comes to it, I know some guys and I can promise you," Linda glared in Marcus's direction.

Shaking my head. "Linda, please. I don't want any trouble. It's all fine. I'm just being a baby. I didn't sleep to well last night. I was up all night helping Gabriel with his history project."

Linda smiled. "How is Gabriel doing? I haven't seen him in forever."

I smiled, nodding. "He's doing just fine. He's had better days. I guess since he's getting older, he's realizing that he can't do some things that some of his school friends can do. Like, run around and play baseball or any other sport. He hates his wheelchair more and more every day."

Linda frowned. "Awe, the poor boy. But that wheelchair makes him more special. He's one incredible boy, has a heart of gold like his father."

I smiled, fighting back the tears. "Yeah, Sean and him are twins. It's just going to take Gabriel time to accept the fact that this is him. We have to make what we have work. He's been bugging for this guitar for his birthday besides those concert tickets, and I'm trying so hard to get the cash for it but the damn thing is almost a grand!"

Linda whistled. "Just for a guitar? That's crazy, Mama."

"Who are you tellin'? But it's the least I can do. I'm trying to find side jobs so I can afford it but it's hard to find a job anymore."

"Linda, table ten." Rick walked by, heading back into the kitchen.

Linda looked over at her table, grabbing quite a few menus. "I'll be back, sweetie. Hold onto that thought."

Watching as Linda walked over to her table, I could barely make out what her customers looked like. They weren't our regulars, that's for sure.

It was a few minutes until Linda finally came back, I was still trying to view her customers. Linda fanned herself as she put their orders in.

"Oh, Mama. I think I had just died and gone to heaven. Oi." She leaned against the wall, smiling in a daze.

I giggled. "What are you talking about?"

"Those young men at table ten. Mmm Mmm." She licked her lips. "If I were only younger like you, unless they're into cougars."

"Linda!" I playfully slapped her shoulder as we laughed loudly.

"Girl, go on and see for yourself." She handed me Marcus's plate.

I groaned. "Do I have to serve him?"

"If you want that paycheck, yes." She giggled. "Go and get it over with."

I stuck my tongue out at her as I made my way back over to Marcus, all the while I tried to take a peek at table ten since they were close by to one another. From what I could see, they were indeed gorgeous.

Well, the one guy was. He had amazing dimples with perfect, white teeth. I could not see his eyes for they were hidden behind his aviators. His friend sitting next to him was pretty short in size. He was alright looking, just was not my type.

What was I talking about? I'm not here to find a date! I'm here to work to support my son and I.

I lightly shook my head, serving Marcus.

"Day dreaming about me again?" Marcus asked with a smile. "You know, I could make those dreams come true if you would only just ask."

"Marcus, just stop it. Okay? I am sick and tired of you trying to get into my pants. It's not happening." I raised my voice, gaining everyone in the diner's attention.

"Baby girl, will you stop trying to fight it?" Marcus laughed. "I got all this swag. Bitches be lovin' up on it. I got you all covered. Let me take care of you tonight."

"Hey, man?" A voice called out.

Marcus and I looking over to see Dimples looking back at us.

"Got a problem, son?" Marcus asked, irritated. "This between me an' my girl. Stay the hell out."

"She's not your girl, bub. She said so herself." Dimples said. "Now leave her the fuck alone and carry on with your meal and get the hell out of here."

Marcus launched to his feet. "Boy, who in the hell do you think you be talking to? Huh?! I got boys that'll tear yo white ass apart."

Dimples jumped up to his feet, rage clear in his body language. But before Dimples could make his way over to test Marcus, another man shot up and pushed Dimples back in his seat. The man had his back to me.

"Oh, ho, ho. Look your boy knows what's good." Marcus laughed. "He knows I'll kick your sorry ass."

The man turned around to smirk at Marcus, strutting over. His light, chocolate eyes gleaming with excitement. The man's smirk grew as he now stood in front of Marcus and I, scratching the facial hair on his chin.

"So, you can kick my buddy's ass?" The man asked. "And have your boys tear him apart?"

"Guys, please." I begged, trying to push them apart. "No fighting in here."

"Yeah, my boys will tear all yo asses apart." Marcus nodded. "Ya'll ain't nobody. Just cause ya'll got tattoos coverin' ya bodies and shit, you think your bad? Hell no, man. Not in my town. You're a bitch with that eyeliner shit on your eyes."

Chocolate eyes laughed. "Okay, okay, Snoop Doggie Dog. Let's see if you make it to your boys in one piece. Mess with this young woman or my friends, and I will personally rip you apart."

"Marcus, please just back off." I begged, staring at chocolate eyes. He was a beast, and if looks could kill... Marcus surely be dead.

"Bitch, shut up." Marcus glared at me. "Men are speaking."

Chocolate eyes laughed, cracking his knuckles. "You're mine, piece of shit."

With that, Chocolate eyes gently set me aside before he grabbed Marcus by the collar of his shirt and laid a clean right hook to his jaw. Sending Marcus falling to the floor by the front entrance, chocolate eyes began dragging him outside and a couple of his buddies ran after him.

My hand covered over my mouth, eyes wide as I questioned what really happened in front of me.

A voice clearing their throat snapped me out of my daze as Dimples looked down at me, a kind smile on his lips.

"Excuse me, Miss. Are you okay?" He asked.

I nodded, tucking my hair behind my ears. "Y-yeah, I'm fine. Thank you." This time, I cleared my throat. "Are you okay? I'm sorry that this happened and ruined your meal."

Dimples shook his head, holding up a hand. "No harm done. We were not going to let that asshole mess with you. It was not right. Can I ask you a question?"

"If it's for my number, it's a no." I crossed my arms, not wanting to deal with this again.

Dimples laughed. "No, no. I'm not asking for your number. But, are you Angela Collins?"

My eyes widened. "Do I know you?"

He shook his head, smiling. "Sort of. Your son knows me and my friends. My name is Matt. I'm from your son's favorite band, Avenged Sevenfold."