Among the Shadows

The Beginning

The Beginning

She stood there in the shadows watching as each person passed by. No one noticed her or said anything about her. She was just a darker shadow among the shadowed wall.

Her name is Lea, she is 19, and fare skinned. She has dark brown hair with red highlights that go to the middle of her shoulder blades. She has her tongue, labret, ear (a few times) and her hips peirced. For tattoos she has a pixie on her lower back, bat wings coming from the top of her shoulder blades going down, and also a stone walk-way that leads in to the night sky going up her side- starting in the front and going up to the back. She also has a skeleton outline of two paw prints on her ankle.

Until a year ago she was like them, full of care, warm blood, a beating heart... and alive. Now since she met Chester she become this; lifeless. No longer a heart-beat or the feel of warm blood pouring through her veins. She was told that her heart would start again when she found her “mate” as they call it. But she hasn’t, even though there has been many suitors, still, no one made her feel alive. That was until she saw Simon. And now she can’t get the thought of him out of her mind, she cannot sleep, she cannot feed, she is cold and lifeless, but the silent heart beat that she can feel when she see or thinks of him.

How do I know of this? Well, that is easy, see am Lea, and know I am not a “human” per-ca, well not anymore. I use to be but now I am a vampire. You may scream, run and hide or grab the silver dagger and attempt to destroy me, but can you really destroy something that no longer has a heart beat or warm blood?

Anyway, let me describe Simon to you: he is tall and fit. He has the most amazing smoky blue eyes and magnificent dark jet black hair. He has his lip periced to the right side and his left eyebrow periced. He is about 20. He has an arm tattoo that I couldn’t make out and another one on his neck. I’m not sure if there is anymore. My friend Lindsay says, I’m crazy and I cannot love him, he is not going to accept me for who I am. She says that it is hard for someone full of life to love someone that is so cold and dead-like. I want to prove her wrong and I shall some day and some how.

Lindsay is my friend- I saved her from her tragic life. She asked for my help and I gave her what I thought would be best. She is now one of us. Just like me- her heart is no longer beating, her blood is no longer warm, but she is happy.

She has shoulder length hair that is red, blonde and black. She has her lip, nose and ears (multiple times) periced. She has a tattoo on her leg of a creature and one on her chest of a skull and wings. She is about my height and 18 (only a few months younger then me). She has not yet found her “mate” and dose not yet want to. Her heart is not as dead as mine, her blood is still warmer. She is only recently been drawing to our world and the transformation is not fully complete- until almost a year. She is excited and looking forward to it unlike I was- I didn’t have a say in being brought here.

The man I thought I loved used me, fed upon my sleeping body one night and didn’t want to see me die so gave me his life- then left to explore the world and to breed with different races of vampires. I should have known that but love is blinding and I’m only seeing the light, 11 months after.
♠ ♠ ♠
tell me what u think...