You Can Be My Romeo

Chapter Thirteen

-Juliet-
“HEY!!! Look who’s back!” I heard as James pulled into the driveway of his cabin, “Guess he fixed things!”

“Shit it, Staalsy!” James smirked as he laced his fingers with mine and pulled me into his side. We walked into the backyard and saw a lot of the guys from last night there, they were barbequing.

“We were hungry, so we kind of raided your fridge,” Matt said and James nodded his head, “Hello, Juliet, you ok?”

“Yeah, I’m fine,” I said and he smirked and nodded his head.

“What are we cooking?” James asked and I saw three guys standing in front of James’ grill.

“Well, Talbot’s grilling up some chicken, burgers and hotdogs, I think,” the one guy said as he walked over.

“Jewels, this is my Captain, Sidney, I don’t think you got to meet him last night,” James said and I shook my head, “Sid this is Juliet.”

“Nice to meet you,” we both said and then shook each other’s hands.

“Lazy back!” I heard and turned to see that it was Geno, “And he bring pretty girl too! Yay!”

I was picked up and hugged, “Geno, don’t crush her!” James said and I giggled when he put me down and patted my head.

“She no hurt!” he defended himself and I smiled towards him.

‘…I like him, he’s funny…’ I thought and looked towards James and let out a laugh, “Did he call you ‘lazy’ before?”

“Uh yeah,” James laughed nervously, “I don’t know how he came up with that name.”

“I can think of a few reasons,” I smirked and then heard the laugher of the guys that were around us, and saw James’ pouting face.

“You shush,” he smirked and I laughed and leaned against him.

“I like her, she agree with me,” Geno said and I felt his arms around my neck and he pushed me back to lean against his chest, “You no corrupt her!”

“Oh, I already corrupted her a long, long time ago,” James smiled brightly and I scoffed and waved him off, hearing more of the guys laughing.

“So how long have you known one another?” Sidney asked and I looked at James and smiled.

“Since we were kids,” I said and James smiled and nodded his head, wrapped an arm around my shoulder and kissed my head.

“So you come back to ‘burgh?” Geno asked and I blushed.

“We’ll see if I can finally convince her,” James said and I looked at him, “I think she’s leaning towards yes.”

“She should, I there- I lots of fun!” Geno said and we all laughed, “We tease Lazy together!”

“That is a lot of fun!” I said and James scoffed.

“Now I’m getting ganged up on.”

-James-
It’s been a week since the guys came and left, Juliet was at my home sitting in the kitchen watching as I pulled food out of the fridge. She had work tonight and I wanted to make her a late lunch, early dinner. Pepper was lying on the ground watching for anything to fall.

“So,” Juliet started and I looked at her, “You cook now?”

“Um.”

“New it,” she giggled, “You could never cook.”

“Hey now! I can so cook!”

“Ro, you grill, that’s it- And sometimes you burned it!” she smirked and I scoffed.

“That’s because I was distracted,” I said and walked over towards her, pulling on her shirt and leaning down to press my lips against hers, “Like right now.”

“How am I distracting you?”

“Just sitting there,” I said and she giggled, “Now stop distracting, I’m going to cook.”

“This I want to see,” Juliet said and I smirked towards her, “How do you survive in Pittsburgh?”

“Paulie cooks for me, he lives across the street,” I said and then laughed.

“Poor Paulie,” she said, and I knew she didn’t know who he was, but I couldn’t wait for her to meet him, because I’ve talked about her enough to him for him to know her.

All right, so Juliet was right, I can’t cook, so it wasn’t surprising to either of us when the food needed to be rescued from Juliet when I didn’t know what I was doing and almost set the house on fire. She found pasta and decided to make spaghetti, when we finished eating; we went to her place, cuddled on her couch until eight thirty. Juliet left me to go upstairs and get dressed and ready for work, coming back downstairs in jean shorts, a tank top and her sneakers in hand.

“You know, you don’t have to work there,” I said and she sighed.

“Not this again,” Juliet said and then looked back at me, “How am I going to pay my bills?”

“I’ll pay them,” I said and she smirked.

“That’s sweet, but I’m good,” she said and I looked around this house.

“You rent this place?” I asked and she nodded her head, “It’s nice, all cleaned up for another person.”

“Ro,” she said and I smirked towards.

“When you come to Pittsburgh with me, what are you going to do with this place?” I asked and she looked at me.

“Who said I was going to Pittsburgh?” she smirked and I sighed.

“Jewels,” I said and she leaned back and pressed her lips against mine.

“I’ll talk to Bridget,” she said and my eyes widened and I sat up.

“SO that’s a yes?!” I asked excitedly.

“That’s a, I’ll talk to Bridget,” she said and I stood up and smirked, placed my hands on her hips and pulled her closer to me, cupped her neck and pressed my lips against hers.

“It’s close enough,” I said and she giggled and placed her hands on my chest, “I do love you Jewels.”

“I love you too, Ro,” she said and I smiled brightly and then backed her up and pressed her against the wall and pressed my lips against hers, “Ro! Ro! Come on,” she groaned as I nipped at her neck, “I’m going to be late.”

I chuckled and gave her a quick peck, “I’ll give you a ride,” I said and she looked at me surprised.

“And how am I going to get home?” she asked and I smirked towards her.

“Guess I’ll just have to pick you up- Who knows, I might just stay all night long,” I said and she laughed and kissed me quick.

“No thanks,” Juliet said and walked passed me, “You can meet me at the house thought.”

“How ‘bout-“

“You can meet me at the house,” she said and I sighed and nodded my head, grabbed her wrist and pulled her back towards me.

“All right,” I said and felt her wrap her arms around my neck, “Be safe.”

“Always am,” Juliet said and then pulled away from me and headed for the door. She went outside and I ran after her, got to her just as she opened her car door, “Ro?”

I wrapped and arm around her waist and placed a hand on her neck, smiled and then pressed my lips against hers, “I’ll be here when you get back from work,” I said and she smiled and nodded her head.

"Um, if you leave and want to come back,” she said and I looked at her to see she was a little nervous, “There’s a spare key is in the glass bowl on the breakfast bar.”

I nodded my head, watched her get into her car and drive away and then walked into the house. Pepper was lying on the one couch; the TV was still on to some show that Juliet had put on. I took a deep breath and looked around, this was the first time I was in her house alone.

Something clicked in my head and I smirked, remembering what she had told me, ‘…She’s giving me a key…’ I thought and then walked over towards the breakfast bar, looked in the bowl and saw the key. I smiled, picked it up and looked at it, “She’s letting me in again.”