Satan's Girlfriend

I. Welcome to Reality

When I was 3 years old I remember my mother handing me over to my grandparents. I remember the matted red hair, the dark sleepy eyes, and the pity she had in her voice when she confessed she wasn't ready to be a mother. She was unable to care for me on her own. I was too much money, too much time, and too much responsibility. None of which she had. She never had her life straight. She didn't even know who my real father was.

I started attending church with my Nanna and Papa. They were very conservative and religious. Church was the base of their household. I always had to dress pretty. Always had to sit down. Always had to obey. Always had to pray. My Nanna tried her best to keep me from following in my mother’s foot steps.

But thats exactly what I did.

My Nanna said my mom was a bad person because she didn't pray enough, and because she didn't go to church anymore. She said my mom will rot in hell if she didn’t reach the lord soon. My Papa says its just because she didn't study the bible enough. Those who know angels are angels.

I know its because of the way they hang religion over us. I felt trapped in a room with God and he suffocated me with his bare hands, no magic needed. I couldn't handle the stress of it. Neither could my mom. The high expectation they threw at me was like a brick flying 100 MPH.

Ecstasy was my favorite drug as a teenager. Marijuana was my second. I couldn't handle life without a good high. I was a smart kid. Contradictingly I was also an idiot like the rest. On top of drugs I robbed, did underage drinking, and even beat a girl up for her shoes. That got me kicked out of school.

My Nanna And Papa would always yell at me for my behavior and thought their parenting tactics would save me from the devil if they were stricter on me than they were with my mom. Boy, if they could see me now. It didn't work for my mother. And it didn't work for me either.

But my mother got help from a church and returned when I hit 16. She took me back in and tried to be the best parent she could. She promised she’d try to make up 13 years of not being there in 2 cramped years. We didn't click as mother and daughter. However, me and her boyfriend did.

He was extremely handsome, and I was extremely beautiful. We had affairs behind my mother’s back and neither of us cared. I was more of an idiot than a smart child.

My mother and I still didn't click. I didn't feel like we had much in common besides our looks. Both natural redheads, deep baby blue eyes, and looks that could stop time in every room we walked into.

At 18 my mother caught us together and kicked both of us out. He didn't want anything to do with me and my grandparents wouldn't take me in. I found myself prostituting and working at a strip club for a living.

It was a great last 3 years. I found a boyfriend. We were happy together. He had a decent enough job for me to stop selling myself for sex, but not good enough for me not to afford not being a stripper for the time being. But I worked hard for our relationship. I was applying for society approved jobs, I was cleaning my act up to fix what I didn't get to fix as a teen.

It only lasted for so long, until my boyfriend and I got into a fight. I caught him cheating with a co-worker of mine. After I kicked her ass I was after him. And he delivered a deadly blow to the temple of my head. I didnt remember the hit. I just kinda laid there and got up unharmed. And thats where I saw my body laying on the floor with blood pooling my head. I looked down in horror as I saw my boyfriend begin to cry and panic. He didn't know what to do.

“What the fuck did you do to me!”, I yelled. I started crying myself and fell to my knees holding my body.

“What the fuck did you do!”

“He can't hear you”, a voice behind me said. It was a man in all white. He stood with his arms folded and slightly rocking side to side.

“Why? What happened!?”, I pleaded.

“You're dead”, he said with a slight smile, as if he did this all the time and the question now seemed to humor him. He stood next to me and I started crying over my body as my now ex boyfriend ran out the house.

“Fucking coward...”, I whispered, with tears flowing right through my body. “Fucking coward!”

“His time will come”, the man said. “Im Adam by the way. I’ll be the one to guide you to the judgement room when you're done here”

I slowly stood up and wiped my tears away. “I don't want my body alone...” I said.

“We’ll handle that later. I promise. You’ll know what happens to your body. But as you should know, thousands die every day. The line is only getting longer”

I looked at Adam. He had light brown hair and green eyes. “Are you an angel?”, I asked.

“Not yet. But if you come, Ill get my wings faster”

I looked at my body and nodded. There was something about him that I trusted, even though he was a stranger. I kinda thought I was hallucinating and i’d wake up honestly.

He reached out for my hand and we started walking. I looked back at my body getting farther and farther. I turned to look ahead of me. And we reached a room with a door that says “Judgement”. I looked back to see everything gone. Just pitch white.

Adam opened the door. It was a rather large room. With rows and rows of people sitting down. They were thousands of people. Old, young, even children sitting by themselves. Some were laughing, some were crying. Some were praying.

“Take a seat, and wait for your name”, Adam said

“My body?”, I asked.

“You’ll know about that at judgement time. Good luck”, he said and shut the door.

I walked around that room forever. Maybe 15 minutes. There were more people than seats. But I found one nearly at the back of the room. I sat between two people. A rather heavy looking guy and a innocent looking girl.

“Matthew Figeroua”, A voice yelled. “To room 101”

The heavy guy got up and walked to a door labeled ‘Rooms 1-300’.

I sat quiet as I overheard the people in front of me.

“I would have lived if I was just watching where the hell I was going. God damn it”, a rather handsome looking fellow said. The guy he was talking too nodded.

“My partner accidently shot me while at a hunting trip. Forgot I was taking a leak behind some trees and when I walked back, mistooken me for a moving deer and shot me. He’s a pretty good aimer”

The man laughed and the other guy nodded. “You forgive him?”

The guy thought about it and nodded. “It was an accident to me. But I guess I’ll know at Judgement.”

“David Gin. To Room 547”

“Aye thats me”, the hunter said. “Been waiting forever. Wish me luck” he told the guy who got into an accident.

“Good luck!” the guy yelled.

I looked at the girl sitting next to me. She played lightly with her fingers and looked down mostly, anxious about something. She had long blonde hair and was wearing a dress that barely went over knees. Shoeless. She didn't look anymore older than 12.

“Hey...” I said to her. “Can I ask something?”

She looked at me, “I committed suicide”, she said.

I didn't know how to respond. “I’m sorry... you did-”

“No. No, im glad I did. Living was miserable. Do you know how awful it was to be alive and get molested by that god forsaken man. He should be the one dead! Not me!”

She bursted into tears. Everyone looked at us.

“Not me!”

I got up slowly and decided to look for another seat. I was scared and confused.

“Cindy Chapell and James Chapell. Room 739”

A young woman with her child stood up out of some seats a good distance away. I decided to sit down where they were. I could feel some people looking at me because I did walk away from the poor girl. She kept screaming “He should be in hell!”

“Some people are crazy here. Gotta be careful”, a girl said who was just a seat away. She scooted over next to me. “Some died a tragic way and they are confused and upset and angry about it. 'm Celeste. Pleasure to meet you”, she said reaching for a handshake.

“I’m Victoria...” I said shaking her hand as well.

“So how’d you die?”, she asked.

I looked at the ground. “My boyfriend... ex boyfriend... gave me a deadly blow to the head”

She nodded. “I had cancer”

I looked at her. She had the most beautiful blonde hair i've ever seen.

“Cancer?”, I asked. She laughed.

“Yes. Pancreas. Went rather quickly. I was so glad the pain finally ended when I died. It felt great to not suffer anymore.”

“I went rather fast...”, I said. I gasped. I didnt mean to insensitive. “Im sorry”

She laughed, “Nah nah. Its whatever now. This is better. Judgement. I hope I did enough good deeds to get to heaven” she said.

“Is that what judgement is?”, I asked. “I wanted to ask that girl but she just freaked”

“Yeah. They call you into a room and evaluate your life to determine where you go. To heaven or to hell.”

“How do they determine all that?”

“Flashback of your life and stuff. I’ve been waiting for like 3 days for my turn.”

“3 days?” I thought that sounded rather long to wait. But then I remembered there were thousands of people waiting.

“Sometimes it’s shorter, or even longer. Its kinda unfair. Its set into sections of how you died really. Some of the angels who send you places only evaluate the elders. The longer you lived you faster you get in really. Theres also some who deal with us cancer people. Also people who were murdered. And suicide victims. So basically depending how you died determines how fast you get in”

I looked around the room as the announcer called in 4 more people to different rooms. Every time a named was called another person walked in.

“This is kinda sad...”, I said.

She nodded. “Yeah but it shouldn't take more than a week”

My eyes met hers. She smiled.

“Luckily we don't get hungry or need sleep really. I hope I go to heaven... I wanna be the kind of angel who help those on earth”

I started to rethink my life. Especially my teen years. They weren't very saintly. Fights, yelling, drugs, sex. I was definitely going to hell.

But then I started thinking about my current life. I did try to clean up my act. Was that enough though?

“Celeste Parker. Room 507”

“Oh yay finally!” she started clapping. “Wish me luck Victoria. If we meet in heaven, we should hang out!” She got up in a hurry and started making her way to the doors. Another woman took her seat.

Hours went by.

People came and left

I heard the sob stories of many talking around me of how they lived, and died, and where they thought they were going.

A lady told another lady she was shot in a drive by

A man said he was in a drug deal gone wrong

A child told another child his father drowned him

The other child told him he fell out a tree

The estimate of time couldn't be determined in this room. Days could have passed. It might have just been hours. I could have been a week. Name after name was heard and it seemed my name would never be called. Just as I was sure id be stuck here forever...

“Victoria Hamilton. To room 373”