Hey, You

oneofone

I sighed as I gazed out my window. The rain had come out of no where but it looked like it was set in for a good couple hours. My heart sank as I realised that probably meant Jake wouldn’t be coming over any time soon. My boyfriend was meant to be coming over as soon as he’d got back from holiday, which had been earlier that morning. We’d been texting ever since his plane landed and he’d promised he’d come by and see me as soon as he could. But it required walking and I knew how OCD he was about his hair. I didn’t care what he looked like, I just wanted to see him, but Jake was such a perfectionist with his appearance.

I looked away from the window as though it had offended me. Stupid rain would be delaying my stupid boyfriend. Even though I wasn’t looking at it, though, I could still hear it and it pissed me off. I would go and find him myself if I didn’t have Kara, my little sister, to look after.

“Are you upset?” she asked as I fell onto the sofa beside her. She was only 10 so I was being forced to watch Disney princess movies. Okay, ‘forced’ might be a slight exaggeration. I could get into them sometimes. Just not right then.

“No,” I said and Kara frowned at me. “I just miss Jake.”

“I like Jake,” she told me and I smiled softly. Jake and I had been together for just over a year and Kara was almost as in love with him as I was. She never missed the opportunity to tell me she liked him. And he spoiled her rotten too. It was part of what I loved about him.

“Yeah me too,” I said. “But he probably won't want to go out in this rain. Especially not after he’s been in Spain for 2 weeks.”

“Why?”

“He wouldn’t want to get wet,” I said. Okay, I couldn’t help but smile softly as I thought about him. In the past, he’d almost had a bitch fit when it had started raining or if it had got super windy when we were out. Not like it can be avoided in England, really. More often than not we had to duck into random shops and wait it out.

“He could get a cold,” Kara nodded and I chuckled. I was going to tell her that wasn’t the reason but decided to leave it. I didn’t want her thinking she should copy Jake’s obsession with appearance. Well, it was really only his hair that he seemed worried about. Other than that, he was pretty chilled. He was the type of guy who put in the minimal effort but managed to make it look like a designer outfit. His carefully messed hair just completed the look. If his hair went flat, or God-forbid, curly, then the look was ruined. In his eyes, anyway. His caramel coloured hair was naturally wavy and I kind of loved it when it was. In the time between getting out of the shower and straightening his hair, I couldn’t help admire the waves. I’d tried convincing him to leave it wavy before but he’d shivered at the thought. I chuckled to myself at the horror in his expression.

A moment later, my phone rang and I prepared myself for the disappointment. “Hey, babe,” I smiled, answering the called.

“Hey, you,” he said and I smiled softly. I hadn’t heard his voice in 2 weeks and I’d missed it so freaking much. “So I know I said I’d be around as soon as I could, but I’m looking out at this rain…so I’ll come round when it stops, okay?”

“Yeah,” I sighed, trying not to let my disappointment show in my voice. “Just…let me know when you’re on your way.”

“Will do,” he said. “Love you.”

“Love you, too,” I smiled before hanging up. I sighed heavily and collapsed back against the sofa. Jake and his bloody hair… “I’m going upstairs for a bit, okay?” I said to Kara who just nodded, her eyes glued to the television.

I fell onto my bed with a heavy sigh. We were back at school in 3 days and I’d been hoping to just be able to spend them with Jake. But chances were good that he wouldn’t even be over until tomorrow. Assuming the rain has let up by then. Why did I have to be in love with someone so obsessed with their appearance? It would have been so much easier if I wasn’t. But I was. And I honestly couldn’t bear it to be any other way.

A minute later there was a knock on my bedroom door and I sighed. “I’ll be down in a minute, Kara,” I said without moving from my position on the bed. Unfortunately, I heard the door open and I knew I wouldn’t be able to wallow in my self-pity for any longer.

“I’d normally jump on top of you,” a voice said, “but I’m kinda wet.” I immediately rolled over and sat up.

“Jake,” I whispered as a grin pulled at my lips. ‘Kinda wet’ was an understatement. He was dripping from head to toe. His hair dark and heavy with water was falling over his eyes. “What…how?” I stammered and Jake just grinned.

“Kara let me in,” he said.

“I didn’t even hear the door,” I said with a frown,

“Yeah, I knocked on the window to Kara,” he said. “I wanted to surprise you.” I grinned and stood up and crossed the room.

“You must be freezing,” I said quickly pushing his jacket to the ground. It had been pointless anyway because his shirt underneath was plastered to his skin.

“Worth it,” he smiled and I blushed and rolled my eyes.

“Your hair,” I whispered, watching a droplet of water fall from the strands onto his cheek.

“Yeah,” he said with a shrug. I grinned at him and all my threw myself at him as I wrapped my arms around his neck and placed a long awaited kiss to his lips.

“Babe, I’m soaked,” he said and I laughed and shook my head.

“I don’t care,” I said, gazing up into his eyes which were somewhat hidden by his hair. I smiled and stretched up to kiss him again, slightly less rushed and a lot more tenderly. I could feel the damp and the cold seeping into my clothing I couldn’t care less. All that mattered was that I was back in Jake’s arms, that he’d sacrificed his hair to come and see me. Speaking of which, I moved my hand up into his wet locks and tugged lightly. Jake groaned into the kiss and I grinned. “You should probably shower before you catch cold,” I said eventually and Jake rested his forehead on mine.

“Only if you join me,” he said and while I was sorely tempted, the knowledge of Kara downstairs made me hesitate.

“I can't,” I said reluctantly. “I’m babysitting.”

“She’s fine,” he said. “I brought her back a fan and a little outfit and a couple Spanish dolls. She’s sufficiently distracted.” I grinned and shook my head.

“You’re terrible,” I said, but I happily took his hand and led him into the bathroom. I knew we’d have to be quick, but that was okay because we hadn’t seen each other in 2 weeks so we wouldn’t need long.

“Oh,” Jake said, pulling me to a stop on the landing just outside the bathroom door. I turned and looked at him and he grinned. “Hey, you,” he whispered and I smiled, stretching up to place a kiss to his lips.

“Hey, you,” I whispered, letting my eyes slip closed as he kissed me again.
♠ ♠ ♠
completely random little idea that i had when i saw it was raining haha. hope you like it! :)