Status: This is a story based on a Dungeons and Dragons campaign. This is the back story to my character: Peregrin Old-Fur.

Peregrin Old-Fur: Captured

Part 16

Zaneak, Ericepaius’ son, had told me how his father and the Goblin Hunters had been preparing for the battle. He had inspired more people in Kemadri and the nearby elvish city. Ericepaius said that outside of Kemadri to defend it. There had been more members of the Goblin Hunters in the cave than I told me he had a messenger rabbit. This messenger rabbit would carry a letter of importance to anyone you wanted. The rabbit dug through a dirt hole in his room, so he could communicate with his father. The rabbit’s name was Meeka. I thought Meeka liked me, because when she saw me, she would come up to me and expect me to pet her. Zaneak felt safer knowing that he could talk to his father, but he was still scared of the place, especially Tylovine. Jam related to him, and Zaneak felt comfortable around him. Wilscar still had hope in me, and when he could, he spoke to Zeneak and the other Goblin Hunters. Tonito trusted me now and we knew that we could rely on each other for help. As for Hortamus, well, you know. Everyone had been training to fight, and we had one week until Tylovine planned to attack. This was the plan” Tylovine would go through the portal to talk to goblins. Tonito would use his invisibility cloak to grab a bomb, throw it in the portal, and then close the portal. War would erupt in the Centre, which would give Hortamus and I the chance to join the Goblin Hunters in case if any goblins attacked. I reviewed the plan over and over again to make sure there were no flaws. When the bell rang, Hortamus and I walked into the Centre.
“Are you sure the plan will work?” Hortamus asked.
“I’m sure of it,” I insisted.
“What if he becomes alert and doesn’t go through the portal?”
“Then we will have to fight him.”
“If you had the chance to kill him, would you take it?” I hesitated for a while. Killing someone? That was not my way of resolving things. Sure, I liked to kill goblins, but I hated goblins, and they were also mindless. Killing humans was a different story.
“I don’t know,” I honestly replied. “Would you?”
“If I had to, then yes. Aside from that, I would try to avoid that.” We grabbed a brick and a knife and scraped the blade.

A while later, a stalwart came up to me. I did nothing wrong, it just started pushing me for no reason.
“Stop it please,” I politely demanded. The stalwart continued to push me. I let out a giant sigh. I looked at Hortamus. He could tell that I was bothered. The stalwart wobbled my head around using its hand. It urged me to move, but I refused. The goblin grunted. It took a step back and raised its foot. When it tried to kick me, I grabbed a knife and rolled out of the way. The stalwart turned around to face me. A man at the corner of my eye caught my attention.
“Peregrin! Why are you hurting this stalwart?” The man asked.
“I didn’t do anything to it!” I pleaded.
“I see you with a blade, don’t I? I thought you would have understood that you are not allowed to hurt the goblins in here, young man. I told you before that you don’t screw with me, and I’ve tried to reason with you, but you never listened to me.” I felt a fire of anger in my heart. If I tried to tame it, it would only burn brighter.
“Reason with me? YOU TORTURED ME! What makes you think that you’re better than anyone else? No one likes you, and the only reason why they like you is because they’re forced to! Now I’m tired of being treated like dirt from someone who lives in it, so please just stop this pointlessness and let us go.” I felt a giant ball of wind sweep my feet off of the ground. I landed near the armour table and then got right back up. I chucked my knife at Tylovine. The blade flew like an arrow and then suddenly stopped. It turned around and flew in my direction. When I tried to pick up a chest plate as a shield, my body froze. I glanced over at Tylovine and noticed a sparkle of red in his eyes. He lifted me towards the ceiling and then slammed me to the ground. All the air that once drifted in my body left me. Tylovine raised his hand. An orange glow appeared from his palm, and then inflated. It grew until it became a flame. He brought his hand back and then sprung it forward. The fire ball raced towards me, hoping to spread its disease on me. A white light shot across the room and the two floating colours changed into a beautiful painting. Tylovine and I turned our heads to see Hortamus with his hand raised up. I noticed his other hand drop the implement to the ground.
“A cleric?” Tylovine tilted his head. He yelled something in goblin and ordered two stalwarts to capture him. Hortamus acquiesced and the stalwarts dragged him away. I would have protested if Tylovine didn’t trap me in a spell. He finally released me and vanished. I walked back to my table. First, he took Berhin away from me, and then he stole Hortamus. My mind was clouded with anger and rage. I tried to calm myself down, but it was really difficult. I began to think about what Bahamut would do in this situation, and what Io, Bahamut’s father, would do. The Halflings at my table did not say a word. I didn’t want them to say anything.
The day ended and we did not have any food. I stared at Hortamus’ sheet on the ground. It did not feel the same knowing he wasn’t there. It felt like there was a giant hole that was ripped from the room, and there needed to be something to fill the gap. I grabbed the implement from under my shirt and laid it on my lap. Earlier, while no one looked, I snuck the implement behind my clothing.
“Bahamut,” I prayed. “Please show me what you want me to see.” I opened my eyes and flipped to a random page. The pages spoke about not giving up or losing hope. It spoke about anger and that when you’re angry, you should focus on breathing. At the end of the page, it stated that Bahamut will be there to guide his followers, if they called on him. I closed my eyes, controlled my breathing, and focused on those words.