Perfection

Perfection

It began with the listless feeling brought on by a Sunday afternoon. A nagging feeling had been nipping at Theresa all morning as she did her usual routine. At seven she had promptly woken up shoving any remains of her covers off of her, sliding her legs off the bed and landing her feet onto the floor. The carpet had met her callused feet with a warm greeting as she stretched all of her bones, waking up her body for the day to come. Next was her usual bathroom procedure in which she washed, moisturized, and toned her face to perfection leaving no spot untouched. To achieve perfection you had to aspire to be perfection was always Theresa’s saying. She then would go to the small alcove kitchen where she would open a can of cat food and serve it up for her long haired white cat all the while snarling in disgust at the food. Then would come her breakfast, a cup of hot water with a dash of lemon in it and several nuts that just filled the bottom of a cereal bowl. To achieve perfection you have to aspire to be perfection.

It would be eight in the morning by then and she would go to the elliptical she had in her living room which was conjoined with the kitchen. There she would move her legs in the same rhythm as her heart as she watched the morning news and as the day progressed the late and early afternoon television programs. The longer she went the faster her heart would go, the faster her legs would pump to catch up. To achieve perfection you have to aspire to be perfection

The time would vary depending on how much she decided to punish herself for sneaking those extra nuts or for eating a chocolate chip the night before during her midnight cravings. Remembering would cause a cocktail of sweat and tears on her face, not even being able to tell the difference between the two. The only hydration being the thirty three fluid ounce bottle of water being held in the cup holder, only allowing herself sips of it when she believed she had done an adequate enough job so far. Only allowing herself to enjoy the sips when her legs matched the rhythm of her heart for more than twenty minutes. Only allowing herself to envelope in the sips if she didn’t complain about the pains aching through her weary bones that were made of cracked glass. To achieve perfection you have to aspire to be perfection

It would now be one in the afternoon and she would be sitting on the couch with her cat on the side of her. She would be enjoying the cooking shows, watching food be made that she had so carefully made sure would never enter her body. As the food got tossed carelessly around in the pan a desperate tango of lust and control would be going on in her mind. Sometimes she would inflict pain on herself so that the lust would be subdued, her arms were black and blue. This was always her most difficult hour of the day as her stomach howled at her to provide nutrition but she neglected the taunts thrown at her and went on with her schedule, but today was different. It was a Sunday afternoon and a listless feeling had grown inside of her. The usual hunger that always build in her during this hour was gone, she felt nothing. She placed her hands on her stomach, scraping them over her mountains that were her hip bones and the valley of her rib cage; nothing. She felt no growling, no rumbling, no moaning, no groaning, nothing. A smile exposed her decaying teeth that had been neglected of their nutrition. She had finally achieved her goal, her perfection, her paradise. Theresa was the walking dead and planned to show the world just what she had become.