Let My Love Open the Door to Your Heart

Boyfriend

I pull up to the place me and Ken are meeting up for lunch. I yawn and shake my head. I take my sunglasses off and put them in the cup holder. I get out and see Ken smiling at me. I smile at him and hug him tight.

"You should grab your sunglasses. We most likely going to have to sit outside," Ken said.
"Thanks."

I open the door and grab them. We go in toChipotle and we order. He paid then we sit down at a table that is inside.

"You ok?" Ken asks.
"Just a little tired."
"How was Mike with the race so late?"
"He was fine. I taped it so he could see the parts he wanted to later. "
"Dose he watch the practice?"
"A lot of the time."
"So when are you getting him a bike?"
"When he's in a little better health."
"Makes sense."

I smile and we start talking about things. He smiles at me and look at his phone once it lights up. He taps it and looks at me before running a hand through his hair.

"It's time to get going," Ken said.

I smile at Ken and we walk out to my car. I put my bag down and smile at him. I hug him and kiss his cheek and smile at him.

"I had a lot of fun," I said.

He runs his hand through his hair and looks at me.

"What's wrong?" I ask.
"I want you to be my girlfriend."
"What's stopping you form asking me that?"
"I have to work with your brother."
"Right."
"He told me to leave you alone when I asked about it after Daytona."

I bit my lip since he hasn't brought it up to me.

"You just ask about asking me to be your girlfriend?" I ask.
"Yeah, that wasn't the best idea?"
"I haven't told them what we text and been on dates."
"Why not."
"Because I know my brothers and soon to be sister in law. I can talk to Ryan and make it ok."

I smile at him. He lean down and kiss my lips. I kiss his lips lightly before pulling away. He smiles at me.

"Do you want to be my girlfriend?" He asks.
"Love to."

He lean down and kiss my lips lightly. I smile at him and he grabs his phone and kiss the top of my head.

"You need to get to work,” Ken said.
"Ok see you later."
"I call you latter tonight."
"Ok."

I smile at him and get in and drive to work. I grab my phone and text Lindsay about me coming to dinner since I haven't been by to see them while walking in to work. I get through the rest of the day and pick Mike up. We get real plates since Lindsay text me that they will come here for dinner and I haven't gotten real plates yet. I go and wash them as mike plays. I put them away and sit down on the floor with him and start playing. There is a knock on the door. I get up and open the door and see Ryan and Lindsay. I smile and hug them both. Mike came and hugs them. We go to the couch and Ryan get on the floor and start playing with Mike.

"I got his steps made,” Ryan said.
"They are black?"
"Yes they are black."
"Good."

I smile at him and look at my hands.

"Can we talk outside Ryan?" I ask.
"Sure."

We go outside and I lean against the house.

"What is this about?" Ryan asks.
"Ken," I said.
"He asked you out still?"
"We been talking through text messages since the Sunday I worked."
"Why didn't you tell me?"
"I didn't know where it was going. We have been on like five dates. He takes me out for lunch."
"Not dinner?"
"I have Mike to take care of. He's respectful of that."
"Ok."
"Why did you tell him no?"
"It doesn't matter."
"Was it because you thought he didn't know me?"
"I don't want you to be a rebound that's all."

I smile at him and hug him tight.

"Be nice to my boyfriend please? He is your friend too,” I told him.
"Fine."
"Don't tell Blake or Jade?"
"Ok."
"Tell Lindsay the same thing."
"I will. Let’s go get dinner."

I smile and get Mike ready to go and we go out to dinner.
♠ ♠ ♠
Set