Let My Love Open the Door to Your Heart

Rebound

I pull up to Ryan's house on a Monday. I get Mike out and we go up to the door. Ryan opens the door and hugs Mike tight. I smile and Mike goes and Ryan hugs me. We go inside and Mike came to me. I pick him up and kiss his cheek.

"Who that?" Mike asks.

I look and see a girl is in the living room. I look at Ryan since I said Mike was coming. He rubs the back of his neck and I can tell he didn't know that Lindsay will have someone here.

"Can we play outside Uncle Ryan?" Mike asks.
"Yeah."

We go outside and I sit down and Mike and Ryan start racing his bikes.

"You did good this weekend," I said.
"Thanks. I'm not going to get it."
"Not this year but next year there is a chance. There is also Outdoors. You were getting him last year. He hasn't gotten injury so maybe he gets injury."
"I see why he thinks Poto gets hurt."

I laugh and Ryan came to me once Mike fazes him out most likely since we are talking.

"So who is inside with Lindsay?" I ask.
"Crystal, she’s a friend from home. I mention that you will be coming around she doesn't get it. How is he now?"
"He's great. We got him a sleeping machine and he sleeps throughout the night. I'm saving up money and most likely can get him a good surgeon when he's three. I don't want him on that for his whole life. He can't ever stay away from home and not get made fun of."
"Yeah and it be hard to travel."

I nod my head and he fixes his hat making me look at him.

"You want to talk about me and Ken?" I ask.
“He treats you good?”
“Yeah. There is more than that.”
“Are you mad that I told him no?”
“No, we are good. You didn’t know we were talking. If there is something more than that?"
"He just got out of a relationship. He moved fast with her. I don't want you to be a rebound. I like him. I don't want him messing with you and hating him."
"I don't want that either."

He looks at Mike then at me.

"Ken races. If you guys get serious what will happen?" Ryan asks.
"I just have to deal. I'm sure it gets easier once I go to more."
"Ok. If he breaks your heart, I'm telling Blake and they can fight."

I laugh and Ryan smiles at me.

"They are the same age so it works,” Ryan said.
"Yes it does."
"Dose Ken about his father?"
"No. I'm going to avoid it for a week or two more but I know I need to tell him."

He nods his head and we start talking as Mike plays with his bike. Lindsay came with her friend.

"He's cute," Her friend said.
"Thanks," I said.

I look and see Mike is moving like he does when he has to do potty .

"Come on Mike," I said.

I go and take him to the bathroom. We walk out and see Lindsay in the kitchen.

"Need any help?" I ask.
"Sure."

Mike runs to Ryan who is on the couch. I run my hand through my hair and shake my head. I go over and start helping Lindsay.

"So you and Ken?" Lindsay said.
"Yep."
"Are you sure it's a good idea?"
"What you mean?"
"With Mike's father can you feel safe."
"Why wouldn't I?"
"Ken Races."
"So?"
"Mike's father."
"Not his father. He is just the sperm donor. He didn’t race. He worked at the track."

I walk to the room and smile seeing that Ryan and Mike are watching a race. I grab my phone and take a picture of Mike in Ryan's Lap and they both watching the TV. Ryan looks at me.

"We watch him if you need time away," Ryan said.
"Maybe a little later. Right now the hour dates and phone calls are enough.”
"Just telling you. Even it is for a girl night with your friends."
"Do you want alone time with him?" I ask.
"Yes."
"No bike till he's three."
"Fine."
"Good."

He laughs and watches the Race with Mike.

"He's smart,” Ryan said.
"I know. Do you know if they have a Josh Hill Bike?" I ask.
"No. Why?"
"I want one," Mike said.
"You like Josh Hill?"
"Yes."
"Got to come to races and just meet everyone don't you."
"Tate was fun."

Ryan laughs and nods his head. I smile and Mike came and sat on my lap. I kiss the top of his head and hold on to him tight.
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfit