Let My Love Open the Door to Your Heart

Date Night

I pull up to my house and see Ryan and Lidsey already here. I go inside and Mike runs and go to Ryan talking to him about riding a bike today at school.

"What kind of bike is it?" Ryan asks.
"Big Wheel," I said.
"Really?" Ryan asks.

I look at Ryan and he smiles at me. Ryan came over and smiles at me.

"So can the Easter bunny get him a Bike?" Ryan asks.
"Form his uncle yeah. Can I get ready for my date?" I ask.
"I want to help," Lindsay said.

I nod my head and grab my phone since I told Ken to text me when he's here instead of coming at the door so Mike isn't confuse. I walk upstairs and she goes to Mike's room.

"So he does have other toys then his bikes," Lindsay asks seeing the toys that are in the room.
"Yeah he doesn’t play with it. I need to get Moon sand. I think that be fun for him to make tracks on. He needs two tables since he got to have his freestyle course as well."
"Really freestyle?"
"His uncle sent him every dirt bike. He ask me why there isn't numbers and show him videos of things that I found and watch so they don’t' crash to bad.”
"That's good."

I nod my head and go to the room and take my heels off.

"Where are you guys going?" She asks.
"We are getting food someplace and going to a movie,” I said.
"Really?"
"He wants a normal date."

She grabs her phone and goes to my closet and start looking at it. I go and do my make up a little more dramatic and start curling my hair to make it in nicer waves. I go out and see Lindsay talking on the phone. She hangs up and looks at me.

"He serious is planning on taking you to a place to eat and a movie," She said.
"He wants a normal date. How can he get more normal then that?" I ask.
"I don't know but it's not cool."

I laugh and and she start grabbing things.

"Why don't I wear a high low skirt with a nice top?" I ask.
"Maybe. Maybe not."

I laugh and there is a knock on the door.

"Come in,” I said.

Ryan and Mike came in.

"What do you need baby?" I ask Mike.
"What in youw haiw?” Mike asks.
"Curlers.”
"Why?"
"Mommy need to get ready to go eat with friends."
"Uncle wayn hewe."
"Yeah he's going to stay and play with you. You won’t' have fun with me."

He nods his head and went to touch it and I move back.

"They are hot baby don't touch them," I said.
"Oh like the stick,” Mike said.
"Yes like the stick."

He nods his head and Lindsay looks at Ryan.

"Which one is better?" Lindsay asks.
"Whichever one shows less skin,” Ryan said.

I laugh at Ryan and he and Mike leaves. I shake my head and grab the skit and shirt and get change. I go to my jewelry box and Lindsay gets me shoes. My phone rings making me grab it and see that Ken text me that he is here. I grab a clutch and hug Lindsay.

"Thank you," I said.
"Curlers. Is he here?" He asks.
"Yeah. He's waiting outside like I told him."
"Got it."

I get the curlers out and fix my hair great. I walk downstairs making sure my clutch is ready. I go down and see Mike downstairs talking to Lindsay about food. I run my hand through my hair. Mike comes to me and I hug him and kiss his forehead.

"I love you," I told him.
"Youw pwetty," he said.
"Be good for Uncle Ryan and aunt Lindsay."
"Ok."

He kisses my cheek.

"Love you," he said.
"Thanks,” I said.
"Have fun."

I laugh and grab a hoodie knowing I get cold easily. I look and can't see Ryan. I grab my keys and put it in my clutch and go out waving to Lindsay. I see Ken and Ryan talking. I go over and look at Ryan.

"Hey," Ryan said.
"Call me if something happens to him," I said.
"Of course."

He grabs my hoodie and put it on me.

"Keep that on," He said.
"I'm serious call me if he isn't acting normal or something," I said.
"We will."

I look at him and he goes inside. I run a hand through my hair and smile at ken feeling like a teenager with Ryan talking to him. Ken smiles at me and hugs me tight and kisses my forehead lightly.

"Sorry for that. He likes to embarrass me," I said.
"He's a big brother. It's what they do."

I shrugged my shoulders and he goes and opens the door. I smile and get in and he goes and get in the car after he shut the door after me. He gets in and starts driving and hip hop plays through the radio making me bit the inside of my cheek form keeping a comment about it.

"You ok?" Ken asks while reaching out and grabbing my hand.
"Your music selection sucks," I said.

He laughs making me smile.

"What do you like if you don't like rap?" Ken asks.
"Rock," I said.

He let go of my hand and mess with his radio and Pennywise comes on.

"Better?" he asks.
"Much, I love Pennywise."

He laughs and takes a hold of my hand. He brought it up and kisses my lips.

"You don't seem like a rock fan," He said.
"What do you think I will like?" I ask.
"I don't know."
"If I didn't seem like a rock fan then there has to be something I seem like. So spit it out."
"I guess it be Pop. I can't say why."
"It's more so I don't wear band shirts?" I ask.
"I guess that can be it."
"Moms are bitches. I get enough shit form them when I pick Mike up that I'm a bad mom for my age and I'm a single mom. I'm not going to give them ammo for them like looking like a 14 year old."
"You don't look 18 in a good way."

I smile at him and kiss his cheek. I look at him and see he is smiling. I laugh a little seeing that I got lip gloss on him.

"What?" He asks.
"I got lip gloss on your cheek. Sorry."
"Don't let me leave forgetting about it."
"Promise."

He nods his head and we talk while he drives to the place we going to eat at. He parks and I grab his hand before he can leave.

"The lip gloss on your cheek," I said.
"Thank you."

He opens his mirror and he and starts to rub it making me shake my head at him.

"What?" He asks.
"You are just going to move the glitter around. Do you have a napkin?"

He goes to the glove department and grabs it. He hands it to me. I gently whip it off and he looks at his cheek for a few moments. He looks at me and leans over and kisses my lips lightly.

"You look good. I couldn't see at your house with it being so dark," He said.
"Thank you," I said.

I smile and we get out. He grabs a hold of my hand and walk to the restaurant. He opens the door making me smile as I go in. He warps his arm around my waist and goes to the worker and told them since he made a reversion. She looks at the computer and we fallow her to a booth. We sit down and she leaves. The waiter came and we order our food and drinks. We talk about different things about how we grow up.

My phone rings when the waiter comes with our food. I grab it and see it's my mom. I hang up and turn the ringer off and put the phone on the table so I can tell if it rings incase Ryan or Lindsay calls.

"Sorry," I said.
"Take it that isn't Ryan,” He said.
"Yeah."

He grabs my phone making me looks at him and he looks at it.

"Why are there just Huge eyes looking at me?" Ken asks.
"It's Kirby," I said.
"What?"
"The pink marshmallow thing that sucks and eat things."
"TV show?"
"Yeah but he is Nintendo game."

I grab my phone form him and pull up a picture of Kirby and show him.

"Never seen that before," He said.
"Really you don't know about Kirby?"
"Yeah. I never play games a lot."
"But you play games."
"Not his."

I look at him and shake my head.

"You play Call of Duty don't you?" I asks.
"Some yes."
"And racing games."
"Yeah. What do you play?"
"Games that have puzzles in it while killing cute things with swords or sucking them up."
"Aw that's so cute."

I put my phone down while sticking my tongue out at him. We start eating and talk a little more. Once we are done and he starts driving to the movies. My phone rings. I grab it and see its Ryan.

"What is wrong?" I ask scared.
"I think mike has a concussion."
"What do you mean you think my son has a concussion? What the fuck happen?"
"He slipped or bump his head on the kitchen table."

I take a deep breath not wanting to yell at Ryan and freak him out about this.

"Well you know a concussion when you see one. Do you honestly think Mike has one."
"Hold on. Lindsay is dealing with his little scraped."

I lean my head back and groan.

"I'm taking you home," Ken said.

I lean over and kiss his cheek. I put the phone to my ear to wait for Ryan.

"He needs stitches," Ryan said.
"No he doesn't" Lindsay Yell.
"Concussion Ryan!" I yell since I'm more scared about his concussion then him needed stitches now.
"Right right."

I let a deep breath out and look at the speed monitor and see Ken is going 80 making me know he's hurrying making me feel really bad about this.

"He might. He's head hurt. The light hurts his eyes,” Ryan said.
"Take him to a fucken ER now. Take my car. Lindsay sits in the back holding his head till it stops bleeding ok?"
"Right right. OK ER," Ryan said.
"Ok."
"Do you know where the nearest hospital is?" I ask.
"Yes."
"OK Go and I will meet you there."
"Right."

I sigh and hang up and bit my lip ready to scream but look and see Ken. I take a deep breath and Ken looks at me.

"Where am I going?" Ken asks.
"Hospital."

I start telling him the directions to go. He pulls up to the hospital. I grab my phone and call Ryan.

"Hey," Lindsay said.
"Where are you guys?" I ask looking around for my car.
"In the hospital, I'm sitting outside. Ryan went in with Mike. They took him in to examine him already," Lindsay said.
"Thank you."

I hang up and turn around and see Ken getting out.

"They are here?" He asks.
"Yeah, I'm sorry about tonight."
"It's fine. I understand you got a kid."

I nod my head. Ken hugs me tight and kisses my head.

"Come on. I want to make sure you meet up with them,” Ken said.

I nod my head and we go to the front and see Lindsay outside. She came and hugs me tight.

"I'm so sorry, so sorry," She said.
"Can I go in?" I ask knowing Mike will want me after they done testing him out.
"Yes. Come on I show you."

I nod my head and go to go out before she turns me around making me look and see Ken. I walk over and hug him and he kisses my lips lightly.

"Call me when you get home to tell me how he is ok?" Ken asks.
"Ok."
"We grab lunch Tomorrow like normal right?"
"I guess."
"See you then."
"Bye."

I kiss his cheek and he smiles and let me go and take a step. I walk inside with Lindsay. She shows me the area and we hearing Mike crying before we get there. We go inside and Mike looks and hold his hands out. I go and pick him up careful of the machines he's attaches to. Ryan slip off the bed and I sit on the bed and kiss Mike's head. I move him away so I can see his eyes and head and see stitches. He looks at me with a pout making me kiss his head. The doctor came in and smiles at us.

"He is ok. There is nothing wrong. Come back in a week to remove the stitches and keep them clean," The doctor said.
"Thank you."

He removes the machines from Mike. I grab his clothes and get him dress. I get off the bed and Mike hold on to my neck.

"You ready to go home and go to bed?" I ask.
"Cookie?" Mike mumbles.
"We can get a cookie let's go home."
"Ok."

We go out and I get Mike in and sit in the back. I rub his head till he starts snoring.

"What happen?" I ask.
"He was getting down from the table."
"He can't get down from his high chair form the table."
"He wouldn't let me pick him up."

I lean my head back frustrated with Ryan. I grab my phone and text Ken that Mike just has stitches and we are heading back to my house. I put it down and kiss Mike's head. Ryan pulls up. I grab Mike and go upstairs and get him change in pajamas and get him hooked up to his sleeping machine. I kiss his head and walk downstairs and see Ryan there.

"I'm sorry about this," Ryan said.
"Yeah I know,” I said.
"Jezebel I mean it."
"I know OK. Just let me cool down because you got me thinking that he had a concussion."
"Right bye then."
"Bye."

I walk him to the door and he hugs me. I smile at him and he leaves. I lock the door and go and grab a jacket and buddle it up and scream in to it so I don't disturbed Mike. I hang it up and walk to Mike's room and see he is sleeping soundly. I go to my room and start washing my make up off. I grab my phone seeing it rang and see its Ken calling me.

"Hey," I said.
"Is he freaked out?" Ken asks.
"He's fine. He went to bed on the ride there. He was most likely freaked out more if I never showed up. I saw him being a little freaked out when I walked in. He was clinging to Ryan."
"Aw poor little guy."

There is a knock on my door making me sigh and start heading down.

"Hey I call you back. Someone is at the door."
"Sure thing."

I set my phone down and open the door and see Ken and see him smiling. He holds out my bag and jacket. I smile and hug him tight. He hugs me and I let go and kiss his cheek.

"Thank you so much," I said.
"I understand. You need anything?" Ken asks.
"I'm fine."

He looks at me and I know he can tell I'm lying.

"Can I come in now?" He asks.
"Yeah.

I let him in and I turn around and look at the kitchen and see it's messy. I go and start cleaning up. Ken helps me and put the dishes away. I go and get a cup of milk then grab the Oreos.

"Want a cookie?" I ask.
"I shouldn't."
"Maybe eating cookies are good luck? You need good luck."

He laughs and hops up on the counter. He moves the milk further away and pats his lap.

"Come tell me what you are thinking?" He said,
"I wish I had someone to help me."

He holds his arms out. I get up and sit on his lap and lay my head in his shoulder.

"You don't want to freak out in front of people do you?" He asks.
"I don't want people to know I'm having a hard time with my choice."
"What choice?"
"To be a single mother with no help form a other person at all."
"You have help. I think everyone know your most likely are struggling."
"Lindsay has ask me if things I do is the right way. They question everything I do. If you see me as a mother you most likely will too."
"You are a good mother."
"How do you know that?"
"Remember me talking about my niece in town?"
"Yeah she's a little kid like seven."
"I was around her a lot when she was little then right?"
"Yeah."
"She is a smart kid but at his age she was barely understand there difference between a Suzuki and a KTM."
"Colors is the only thing he really latched on to."
"He knew I was number 70 and 94. He knows Ryan's bike and he has two of them. You raised a kid who is not yet three and can pick out numbers."
"He's been in school since he was three months old."
"He's a smart kid. I see him and he knows bikes of the same color go together."

I nod my head and pout at Ken.

"You suck you know that right?" I ask.
"Why?"
"You are right."
"Thank you."

I laugh at him and he smiles at me. He lean down and kiss my lips. I warp my arms around his neck and start kissing him. He pulls away and look at the door way. I pout at him and see him lift his eyebrow.

"I thought I heard something move," Ken said.

I get off and go upstairs and see Mike is fighting with his machine.

"What are you doing?" I ask going over and helping him get it off.

He pushes my arms away that keep him on my lap before going to the bathroom down the hall. I shake my head and go to the hallway and pick Mike up once he came out. He layes his head on my shoulder. I set him down and kiss his forehead and put his masks on. I walk down hating I have to tell Ken to leave but know he can't stay since I don't want Mike to know about him yet. I go to the kitchen and see Ken looks at me.

"He's ok?” Ken asks.
"He had to go to the bathroom," I said.
"Oh ok."

He smiles and warps his arms around me. I hug him tight before he has a chance to kiss me again.

"I need to leave don't I?” He said.
"I have no way to explain why you are here to him. He's to young and we are to new to think about telling him about you being anything else then Uncle Ryan's friend."
"I understand."

I smile and hug him tight.

"Glad you do,” I said.
"No problem."

I smile and he kisses my lips lightly and smiles at me when he pulls away.

"I love that smile," Ken said.

I laugh at him and he smiles at me. We go to the door and I kiss his lips. He smiles and kisses my forehead.

"Be careful," I told him.
"I will. See you tomorrow for lunch."
"Great."

I smile and he smiles at me and walk to his car. I shut the door when he gets to his car and open the door. I look out the window and see him drive away. I smile and walk upstairs to go to bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Set