Let My Love Open the Door to Your Heart

Gold Digger

I'm at work leaning against my station with a head ach when the reception comes up with a girl.

"Hello," I said smiling at her.
"Hello," She said.

She sits down and I go behind her.

"So what do you need done?" I ask.
"Just want an up do."

We start talking about it and I go to the room and start washing her hair. Blair came over to me.

"Your phone is going off," She whispers in my ear.
"Can you take over?" I ask worried it's Mike's school.
"Yeah I got it."
"Take over what?" The client asked.
"I'm just going to wash your hair. The boss needs to ask her a question real quick. I'm a shampooer so you’re in good hands."
"Ok."

I smile and go to the back and grab my phone and see its Ken texting me asking me if I'm ok. I look and see that I should be off. I call him.

"Are you ok?" Ken asks.
"Yeah, sorry for not calling you sooner but I got a client. She's in the shampoo chair right now."
"Ok want to get subway that is across the street?"
"That sounds really good."
"Ok I get over there."
"Thank you Ken."
"No problem. See you later."
"Later."

I hang up and walk to my station and see Blair walking the client back. I go over and did her hair trying to speed it up so Ken isn't waiting a long time.

"There you go," I told her.
"Thank you."

I smile at her and go and get the supplies and set them up to clean. I check out for lunch and walk out the back and go to Subway. I smile seeing Ken messing on his phone on the patio area.

"Hey," I said.

He looks at me and smiles. He gets up and hugs me tight. I kiss his cheek.

He looks at me and kisses my forehead.

"Come on let's get you food," He said.

I nod my head and go inside and order my food. He orders his and gets our drinks. We go back outside since it's a nice weather.

"Are you ok?" Ken asks.
"My head hurts that's all."
"So you think we can meet up earlier on Sunday?"
"Yeah."

He looks at me since I normal said I have to ask Ryan.

"What is Ryan doing?" Ken asks.
"He got Mike a bike," I said.
"Where is he taking Mike to ride?"
"The farm, he's wants to start it Friday night and do it all weekend."
"And you are not happy about it."
"I don't know if I want him to ride. It is the only thing I hear of. He's my kid and I want to spend time with him."
"I'm sure you will."
"I don't know if I can take him to a track."
"The farm."
"I don't know if I want to talk him there. I guess I see how it feels being back there."

We talk about his life is doing.

"So are you coming to a race?" Ken asks as he gets up.
"Yeah I'm coming to Tennessee."
"Really?"
"Yeah. It’s the closest and I got plane tickets Friday night. I have to stay at the motor home because Ryan is hard to say no too."
"He is protective of you."

I nod my head and look at him knowing I need to tell him about my dad.

"What is it?" Ken asks.
"I'm not telling my dad any time soon that we are dating," I said.
"Good reason?"
"He will not take kindly to me dating a rider much less you with how the season is going."
"But you will?"
"Yes when I know it's not going to affect the pit chemistry."
"Ok. I'm getting a motor home."
"Liked it a lot in Cali?"
"Yeah, got my space away from everyone, also can stay at the track instead hotel so more sleep time."
"Sounds good."
"Hoping to finalize everything before Tennessee."

I smile at him.

"You are going to help make sure it looks good," HE said.
"Why?" I ask.
"I seen your room and that is set up good. It looks nice but thing are function. "
"I help a little. After this summer Lindsey told me and Blake that we are re doing her bathroom."
"Why?"
"Because in high school Blake got tired of my make up everywhere and made things for me. He then made something similar for our mother and his girlfriend but mine is by far the best because I truly care about organizing my hair and make up more than any of them."
"That is how you get out your arty side. Ryan showed me a painting you did and it was very good."

I look at him since I gave Ryan a lot of pictures to keep because it's mainly been a way for he can think of me since he left when he was 16.

"It was of a track one," Ken said.
"Oh it's one I did while I was pregnant ok."
"Why?"
"I send him stupid things when he was in Californian. They were bad but Ryan swears he loved them."
"You painted those for him that's why."

I smile at him. I look at his phone when it beep and see the hour is up.

"I got to go back to work," I said.
"Don’t' want to go?" He asks.
"I like talking you in person."

He smiles and kisses my lips. I smile at him when he pulls away and get up. I grab my purse and Ken fallows me to the side walk.

"Call you tonight," He said.
"Looking forward to it."

I smile at him and walk across the street.

I pull up to the house and see Ryan's truck is here.

"Uncle wyan," Mike said.
"Yep," I said.

I grab my phone and see Lindsey text me before I got off that they are coming over. I go inside and Mike runs to Ryan and they go to the garage so Mike can ride his bike. I go inside the kitchen and see Lindsay eating a cookie.

"What is up?" I asks.
"Ken's Ex girlfriend is in town," Lindsay said.
"They were together for a year she made friends with some people so what the problem?"
"The problem is that she is calling you a gold digger."
"Look I'm not going to come out as Ken's girlfriend till after the season most likely if at all this year. What does it matter?"

She holds out her phone. I grab it and see it's a picture of me that had to be on my face book page that I don't use anymore.

"She got my name," I said.
"Yes she did. Go to the next picture and that's why I'm really mad about."

I go to the next picture and see that it's me and Ken at Subway and he's paying for lunch.

"That's today," I said.
"What?"

I hand it to her and she looks at me then at the picture.

"What the hell dose she looks like?" I ask.

She starts typing on the phone so I go over and look at it and she pulls up a picture form Twitter.

"That's her," She said.
"She came in the shop and I did her hair," I said.
"How soon after you went to subway?"
"It was right after."

I grab my phone thinking about telling Ken since this will affect him more than me.

"Are you going to call Ken?" Lindsay asks.
"This can affect him now while it affects me down the line if at all."
"The problem is that Ken never told anyone why they broke up. It’s just that he was done with her."
"Since she cheated on him, I'm calling him."

I call Ken and wait while it rings.

"Hey Mike ok?" Ken asks.
"Why do you go their first off?" I ask.
"It's early for you to call me that is all."
"He's fine. Lindsay needs to tell you some things."
"Ok."

I put it on speaker and hand it to her.

"What is?" Ken asks.
"Mariah is talking about Jezebel," Lindsay said.
"What you mean talking about?"
"Calling her a gold digger and showing a picture of her around to the girlfriends."
"What picture? The only person who knows her name is Andrew."
"Short wouldn't do this to you."
"He knows why we broke up of course."

"AC knows too," I said.
"I didn't tell him that,” Ken said.
"We knew each other well when we raced. I didn’t know he recognize me.”
“It could be him,” Lindsay said.
"He wouldn't do this,” Me and Ken told her.

"You worked on her today Jez. What other rider comes in?" Lindsay asks.
"Ken, AC and Barcia. Poto at time," I said.
"Barcia could have.”
"His girl and he never talk to her,” Ken said.
"Maybe someone saw you or just heard something,” I said.

"Wait she came in to your work?" Ken asks.
"Yeah right before lunch," I said.
"Did she bug you?"
"No she was a good client."
"Ok."
"But she got a picture of you guys at lunch."

Ken makes a sound.

"Someone is knocking on my door. Send me the picture while I deal with this," Ken said.
"Ok its form Lindsay phone"
"Ok."

I grab Lindsay phone and sent it to Ken and look at Lindsay.

"Maybe this is a bad idea," I said.
"He needs to know about this. You were right."

I nod my head. There is yelling going on in the phone and I look at Lindsay when Ken starts speaking German.

"That's not good," I told her.
"Not good at all."
"Staying for Dinner?"
"Yeah. Ryan wants Pizza. He will eat salad if we come here."

I nod my head. Lindsay hands me the phone.

"I leave this form you two. I have done all I can," Lindsay said.
"Thanks."

"Bells," Ken said.
"I'm here. Everything ok?" I asks.
"She came here. Thank you for the heads up."
"You don't think I am do you?"
"I know you are not."
"But you are upset?"
"She went in to your work. If she caused a scene something could happen to your job that you need to take care of your kid."
"There is more than that because I already gave you that and you seem worse than before."
"We dated a year and she pushed a button."
"Ok."

I sigh and Ryan came in and smiles at me. I nod my head at him worrying about Ken.

"So what is happening?" Ryan asks.
"Mariah is calling your sister a Gold digger."
"Is she calling my sister a gold digger or your girlfriend a gold digger?" Ryan asks.
"I'm both Ryan," I said.
"Is she saying it's both?"
"No just that my girlfriend is one," Ken said.
"The minute it's know that she's my sister not one person in our business is going to believe that. No one is going to believe that my parents raised a gold digger. There are a few people who actually know her and know that it's not the case at all."
"Most also won't think I have a child and I do,” I said.
"It was a little wired especially since you don't talk about either one,” Ken said.
"I'm not allowed to but Jennie is excited for you on Friday."

He smiles and goes out.

"I'm sorry about this Ken," I said.
"Yes because my ex girlfriend is your fault."
"I told you about this."
"She did when she came over. You just gave me heads up."
"Ok."
"Are you ok?"
"Just a little worry about the race now."
"It's fine. You are not going as my girlfriend."
"She has a picture."
"I seen it and the clear one is you with red hair and you look a bit brighter now then you did."
"Ok."
"Come to the race. You already got the tickets. It is a waste of money if you don't come now."
"Ok Ken. I let you get back to training."
"Actually I'm looking at RV's now."
"Oh have fun with that."
"You too."

I walk outside and Mike smiles at me. I lean against the wall. Ryan warps his arm around me.

"It will be ok," Ryan said.
"I guess."
"Stay with Lindsay and nothing will happen."
"Right."
"Or you can stay in the pit and be around Jade all the time."
"I just might."
"Ok.”
“Who's buying Pizza?"
"I am."

I get my phone out and give Ryan the number to the pizza place I like. He calls it and gets the pizza coming. Mike came and looks at me.

"Can I ride on the sidewalk?" He asks.
"Yeah let me get my shoes and I walk with you."
"I got it," Ryan said.

I rolled my eyes and Ryan walks with him as they go down the street. Lindsay looks at me and smiles at me.

"You ok?" She asks.
"Yeah I just hope my dad doesn't figure out. He's not going to be happy at all that I'm dating a guy on a 450."
"He was great with Jade."
"Whitney isn't racing against Ryan and beating him."

She nods her head and we walk inside. I go to the kitchen and start making a salad.

"So I want to test Ryan's theory out," She said.
"What theory?" I ask.
"That because you’re a Dungey no one will think it's serious."
"Do it with someone you trust because I hope this won't get to my dad."
"I will."

I nod my head and she grabs her phone and turns the speaker on and calls one of her friends.

"Hey Jessica," She said.
"Hey Lindsay what you need?"
"Just wondering if you heard about Mariah?"
"Yeah. She wants Ken back and badly to try and make his new girlfriend as a gold digger."
"What do you think of it?"
"I think it can be the truth. She could be classified as one herself so it does seem possible."
"I guess."
"Do you know who she is?"
"Yeah. I know here really well."
"So is she one?"
"No. If I tell you about her you can't tell even Broc."
"Ok so how do you know her?"
"She's Ryan's little sister."
"He doesn't talk about her at all."
"She asked him and the whole family to not really do it."
"Ok. So how old is she?"
"18. She's the baby of the family."
"Aw that’s so cute.”

I look at Lindsay knowing that it’s not all the shocking till you add in Mike. She looks at me and I mouth Mike.

“So you think she isn’t one right?” Lindsay said.
“No Dungey is a gold digger. Minnesota doesn’t raise them and Dungey’s are not the family to have one either,” Jessica said.
“What if she has a kid?”
“What?”
“The whole reason she doesn’t want to be talked about was because she got pregnant as a teenager. The town didn’t act nice so she just wanted to hide from the dirt bike world to protect herself form that.”
“She has a kid?”
“Yeah.”
“She wasn’t force in to marrying the dad?”
“No. Troy and Michelle isn’t like that. The Dad is never going to be in the picture.”
“It’s a little shocking that this is how the family is but she’s a Dungey no gold digger.”
“Thank you.”
“When did they start dating?”
“Supercross.”
“Has she been to a race?”
“No. She has worked to do."
"So why is it a big secret?"
"She isn't ready to tell Tory."
"She's an adult."
"She thinks it is bet for the pits."

Mike comes in with Ryan. I get plates out as Lindsay gets off the phone with Jessica.

"See nothing to worry about," Lindsay said.
"Yep."

I walk to the table and set the plates out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfit