Let My Love Open the Door to Your Heart

Five Guys

I'm at the doctor's office for Mike's heart doctor's office waiting in the room playing on my phone while the doctor comes in. The door opens making me look and see the doctor.

"Hello," I said.
"Hello. How are you today Jezebel?"
"I'm good."
"Ok let me pull up Michael’s file."
"Ok."

I put my phone away and he pulls it up to a room.

"We talked about doing it early November right?" He asks.
"Yes that's right."
"Ok he is diagnosed with sleep apnea already?"
"Yeah, got the machine too."
"With that it's hard to say we do this surgery first then you get his sleep apnea taken care of."
"So get the tonsils first?"
"Yes. The doctor next to me is a ENT doctor so if you don't mind we can go over and talk about time frame."
"Ok sounds good."

We walk to an office and a doctor came. The surgeon put Mike's file up on the doctor and the doctor looks at him.

"Ok so we ran things through the surgery and they ok everything after you pay a deductible so we want to do this in one year to save you the money."

I nod my head and we talk about things and I get Mike tonsillectomy on Aug 11. I go to my car and sit down and sigh. I grab my phone and call Ryan.

"Hey," Ryan said.
"Hey. What you doing?" I ask.
"Working out. What up?"
"I just got done at the doctors to talk about some things and got Mike tonsils date."
"Ok when is it?"
"The 11th."
"That is next Monday. It's in a week."
"That's the only date that works with the surgeon because I kind of want to do it before the new kids come in to Mike class because it's a new school year."
"Ok. You need anything?"
"Nope. I'm fine."
"OK bye."
"Bye."

I hang up and see Ken ask me if we can grab lunch so I call him.

"Hey," Ken said.
"Hey Ken."
"You are in Orlando right?"
"Yeah."
"I live close to that."
"Yeah I know."
"So you want to go grab some food?"
"I want a Grilled Cheese."
"I know a place."
"Ok. Text me the place and I get to it since I’m done."
"OK bye."
"Bye."

I hang up and drive out the parking lot and see Ken text me. I put it in the directions. I drive to it and see its Five guys. I get out and see Ken coming. He smiles at me. I wave at him. He kisses my lips once he meets me close to the door.

"Hey," I said.
"Hello."
"Are you acutely allowed to eat this?" I ask.
"Yes I just get a burger and going to work out extra."
"Ok."

He kisses my forehead then opens the door for me. I get in and he warps his arm around me. I read it and order a BLT since that sounds a lot better than the Grilled Cheese. Ken order his burger and get a thing of fries before paying. We go to a table and Ken looks at the soda.

"What you want?" Ken asks.
"Dr. Pepper," I said.
"Ok."

He walks away and fills them up before sitting down next to me.

"So how was the doctor's appointment?"
"Not a waste of gas."
"That's great. What got done?"
"Mike is getting his tonsils out on Monday."
"Really that fast?"
"I want to do it soon so I can be done worrying about him dying in his sleep."
"It's that bad?"

I bit my lip and look at Ken and he smiles at me.

"I knew you had to get a machine so he fell asleep through the night but I thought he been fine with out,” He said.
"One night in Australia there was a close call. I had to call the ambulance and that's when I figure out what is causing him to wake up every night."
"Dose Ryan know?"
"No. It want cause me to come back home. I didn't know want to do but I was alone and wanted someone to be there with me."
"I understand that."

I nod my head knowing that there times Ken misses his family being out here alone.

"So with it being this soon you’re not going to come out for the last race?" He asks.
"I actually asked and it’s up to how he’s healing up. It's not total out of the question but it's just to the race."
"Ok so I will just say your coming."

I laugh at him and he smiles at me.

"So I take it after he has his surgery that you won't be able to get out and come see me?" Ken asks.
"Yeah."

They call our number. Ken grabs the food and came back. We eat while talking about different things. A blond girl came and sits down next to Ken. He glares at her making me know he knows her.

"Hello," She said.
"Go away," Ken said.
"I thought I just tell you a few things about your sweet little girl here."
"I don't care."
"Do you know she has a kid that she doesn't let the dad see."
"I know about her child. Leave us alone now Mariah."
"Right. She gets child support from him but he doesn't see the child think about what happens if it's you."
"That's all?" Ken asks.
"Um yeah. So see you later."
"Hopefully not."

She glares at Ken and then looks at me.

"He cheated on me. Has he told me that?" She asks.
"No he didn't. I talk to him about it right now."
"Good."

I nod my head and she leaves.

"She left?" I ask.
"Yeah."
"Well that was wired.”
"Yeah. I didn't cheat on her."
"I Know. I trust you."
"So with the last Race are you going to tell your parents?"
"I tell me the week after over the phone so I can just hang up and they won't bug you at the race."
"OK. Promise?"
"Promise."

He nods his head. I grab his hand and he smiles at me.

"Ken, I really like you. Me not telling my parent's is knowing how they are and want you to have a peaceful time at your races ok."
"Ok. My sister, nieces and mom are coming to town for the last week of race. You think that you can come and meet them?"
"Maybe, before the race or after it?"
"Before."
"I talk to Ryan but it all depends how Mike is feeling."
"Sounds great."

I smile at him. He lean over and kiss my cheek. His phone rings he looks at it and signs.

"Training time?" I ask.
"Yeah. I need to go."
"Doesn't feel good dose it?"
"No it's heard saying bye to you when I have to leave and it's not you."

I laugh at him and get up. He walks me to my car and I kiss his lips and he smiles at me. I get in my car and start the car. He walks to the side walk and wave at me I smile at him and drive home.
♠ ♠ ♠
OUtfit