Let My Love Open the Door to Your Heart

Animal Crossing

I'm at the hospital playing on my phone waiting for the surgery to be done. Lindsay came in and sits down next to me.

"Hey," I said.
"Hey. How are you doing?" She asks.
"A little nervous but I’m sure nothing is going wrong."
"That's good."

I nod my head and she looks at me.

"What are you thinking about?" She asks.
"I just realize that I should most likely should start going to church."
"Why haven't you?"
"What if they kick me out like the church did at home when I was pregnant."
"They didn't know what happen."
"Some did and some told me that I was not welcome anymore. I felt horrible and never felt like I should go to a church."
"Things happen. It's a good idea to go."
"Yeah I know. I been looking at a few places on line but nothing seem to really stand out to me. I don't want to go to a huge church but I don't know if I want to go to a little church either."
"You want to go to one that you and Mike fell comfortable. It just happens. Try things out and you know when you are at the right one. Mike will help you too."
"Ok thanks."
"No problem."

My phone rings and I see its Ken asking how I’m holding up. I text back that I’m fine and Mike is already in surgery. He asks me where I am. I text him where I am and how to get to the waiting room I'm at and that Lindsay is with me.

"Ryan busy?" I ask.
"Yeah he will be at your house because he's going home today right?"
"He should be."
"Ok."

We talk for a little bit. Ken came in the room and I smile at him. He came over and I see he has a cup of soda form Hardees’s and a bag.

"Here you go. I got you breakfast," He said.

I smile and kiss his cheek.

"Thank you. I acutely forgot to get that."

He smiles at me. I sit down and pat the spot next to me. He came and sits down and wave at Lindsay and she smiles at him. I open the bag and see it's the new cinnamon thing making me smile since I once mention that cinnamon is great and I love cinnamon rolls.

"What's that?" Lindsey asks.
"Cinnamon pull aparts," Ken and I said.
"Sounds like your breakfast,” She told me.

I laugh and nod my head and eat it while talking about after care since Lindsay is going to spend watching him so I can work half days. She grabs the trash and stands up.

"I will be back," She said.
"Ok."

I smile at her and she walks away. Ken smiles and warps his arm around me.

"You are working?"
"Nine to 12. It's something and I got clients for almost everything. It's good."
"That's good."

I nod my head and Ken kiss the top of my head.

"Thank you for breakfast. I forgot to get me anything since Mike couldn't eat."
"I figure that and know you like cinnamon so I got it for you."

I smile and lay my head on his shoulder. He kisses the top of my head. I smile at him. I lean up and kiss his lips softly.

"You don't have to stay here," I told him not wanting to make him miss anything."
"I stay with you till he's out so you are never alone. I see that you are not really sure about this."
"It's my baby. He's getting surgery. It doesn't get easier."

He nods his head and pulls me in to his side.

"Call me every night still right?" He asks looking at me in the eye.
"Yes. I promise you but it might be off and on more than normal."
"That’s fine."

I smile at him and kiss his forehead. He smiles at me and kiss my forehead. I grab my 3ds and start showing him what Animal crossing is. Lindsay came and we smile at her.

"What game are you guys playing?" She asks.
"Animal crossing," I said.
"That's the one where you live in a village with animals right?"
"Yep."
"I never got the point of it."
"It's fun and a little additive."
"Right."

I smile at her and lean over Ken's shoulder watching him play.

"What got you start playing this game?" Ken asks after handing it to me after a bit not able to catch the butter fly.
"The commercials let me find one of the first one they are the best."

I grab my phone and type it up and get the one about the fishing one and push play Ken lean over and watch it with Lindsay and shakes his head a little bit.

"That's not the best one. Got to see the one about the clothes," I said.

I click on the third one and play it for them.

"Those are interesting," Ken said.
"It shows how stupid the game is," Lindsay said.
"I like it. You can now have hair styles and change your eye color,” I said.

She looks at me.

"Really? that seems great to you?" She asks.
"Yeah. They did so much new to this game it's so much fun."
"Got it. Animal crossing is fun."

I nod my head.

"You also forget that puns they say when you catch the bugs and fish,” Lindsay said.
"Really?"

I laugh and go and get a fish and see it's a Sea Bass.

"Do you not like this kind of fish for some reason?" Ken asks.
"It's one of the cheapest fish so not really. It’s also the most common fish in the ocean where all the money is to be made in fishing really. When you first get it it's See? Bass!. Then in the game cube it adds to Why do I keep saying things like that?. I think it's great."

Ken laughs and grab his phone.

"I want to read some of these," H4 said.
"Look up Animal crossing Fish puns. The bugs are not as great."

He laughs and starts looking at things and we start saying things we found funny while Lindsay rolled her eyes. The doctor came over and I look at him worried about the surgery.

"How is Mike?" I ask.
"He's done great. Everything looks good. He's waking up. I will show you to his room."
"Ok."

I get up and Ken hugs me and I smile at him. He kisses my lips.

"Later," He said.
"Later."

I smile at him and he waves at me and walk away. I fallow the doctor and go to the room that mike is in with a doctor looking at screens. The doctor talks about me how he is feeling and what will be going on with Mike today before leaving. I sit down next to Mike and move the hair out of his eyes. He open his eyes form me. The doctor came over and check things before getting him rolled to a regular room. I sit down on the bed and kiss his forehead.

"Mommy is here," I told him."

He leans closer to me. I lay down and pull him on top of me gently. A nurse came in with an ice cube. I grab it and put it in Mike's mouth. I rub his back knowing the drugs have to scare him. Lindsay pats my hand. I look at her and she smiles at me. We talk as Mike is waking up. He cuddles closer to me. The doctor comes and checks him out before a nurse came and explains everything to do post Op with his medicines. I sign him out before getting him change to clothes and carrying him out to the car. I take him to the car and look at him.

"Are you hungry baby?" I asks.

He nods his head.

"Ok I make some soup ok," I said.

He nods his head. I drive home and get him out and carry him and he holds on to me tight as I go to the kitchen and I see Ryan cooking.

"What you making?" I ask.
"I got some chicken broth going since Lindsay says he can only have clear fluids.

I nod my head and grab the apple Juice I frozen and set Mike on the counter and fed him a spoon full before picking him up again knowing he wants to be in my arms.

"Thanks for starting it Ryan," I said.
"No problem."

Ryan came and looks at Mike.

"You doing ok buddy?" He asks.

Mike nods his head.

"Talk a little for me," Ryan said.
"Go away," Mike said.

Ryan looks at me.

"He doesn't feel good. His stomach is most likely hurting too."
"Ok but what about Lindsay?"
“He will be better after everything settles."
"Ok. Food is ready.”

I get up and get the soup and feed Mike while talking to Lindsay and Ryan.