Let My Love Open the Door to Your Heart

Check Up

I'm at the doctor’s with Mike in my lap and he's paying on my phone. The door opens and I look and see the doctor.

"Hey Mike. What are you playing?" He asks.
"Cow," Mike said.
"Ok. How are you feeling?"
"It hurts but better."
"That's good. Eating Cookies?"
"Yeah."
"Ok can you open up and let me look inside your mouth."

Mike hands me my phone. I move mike and the doctor gets up and look in his mouth and he looks around in it then nod his head. He checks the x-ray and nods his head.

"You are doing great Mike," He said.
"I get Nuggets now?" Mike asks.

The doctor looks at me and smiles.

"You been giving him chips and cookies haven't you?" He asks.
"You said it will help," I said.
"You be surprise that people who don't listen to me because their children say it hurts."
"I want him hell fast."

He nods his head and stand up.

"Well I will see you next week and maybe then you can have McDonald’s,” The doctor said.
"Next week?" Mike said.
"Maybe."

Mike nods his head. I get off the chair and pick Mike up. We walk out to the car and Ken text me asking what I'm doing sine I mention that I'm not working. I look at Mike and figure now might be a good time to introduce Ken hanging out with me to Mike.

"Hey Mike you want to have lunch with Ken?" I ask.
"Woczen?"
"Yeah."
"Ok."

I call Ken.

"Hey Bells," He said.
"Hey Mike had a check up so I'm in Orlando."
"How is he doing?"
"He's doing good. You want to go get lunch?"
"With the both of you?"
"Yep."
"Sounds good. What can he eat?"
"Soup with a lot of liquid."
"I know a place that will be. I text it to you."
"Ok bye."
"Bye."

I hang up and wait for the text and drive to the restaurant which is an organic place. I get out and get Mike. We walk where Ken is sitting down on the bench. He smiles and stands up and looks at Mike who is laying his head on my shoulder with his eyes close.

"Hey," Ken said.
"Hey."

I hug him lightly. He smiles and looks at Mike who hasn't opened his eyes.

"It's Sunny," I explain to him.
"Come on let's go inside."

Ken opens the door for me. He walks in and we go over and they set us down. Mike stays in my lap and looks at Ken and wave at him.

"You mommy friend?" He asks.
"Yes."

Mike nods his head. I take my glasses off and put them in the dipper bag.

"You feeling ok buddy?" Ken asks.
“Still no nuggets," Mike said.
"I'm sorry buddy."

A waitress came and I ask for a cup of Ice with super cold water then get soda. Ken gets water. I grab the menu and look for the soup but can't find it.

"Is there soup here?" I ask.
"There was last time I came here. Let me ask when she came."

I nod my head and the girl came and set the ice down. Mike grabs one and put on in his mouth.

"Do you have soup?" Ken asks.

She nods her head and named a few. I order the chicken soup and get a chicken warp. Ken orders his food and she walks away smiling at us. Mike looks at Ken then at me.

"Do I get a cookie?" He asks.
"You can have one when we get home," I said.
"Ok."

I kiss his forehead and point to the high chair and Mike looks at me and I kiss his forehead.

"It is ok baby. You can stay on my lap," I said seeing he's trying hard to not freak out.

Mike looks at Ken then me.

"Why he here?" Mike asks.
"Ken is my friend now too," I said.
"Is he a good one?"
"Yes.”

I kiss Mike's forehead. Mike looks at Ken and point to his head.

"You need a haircut," Mike said.
"Yeah I know."
"Mommy can do it."
"She is doing it later in the week."
"Good."

Ken smiles. The girl came and put the drinks down. I put Mike's water in front of him and he takes a drink before looking at Ken again.

"Do you like Aunt Lindsay’s music?" He asks.
"What music dose she like?" Ken asks.
"Cowboy Music,"
"I don't like that one much at all."
"Good that's bad Music."
"Well what's good Music?"
"The Clash."

Ken looks at him and nods his head.

"That's true," Ken said.
"Rancid," Mike said.
"Oh yes Rancid is good. What about Pennywise?"
"What?" Mike asks.

Ken looks at me since that's one of my favorite.

"It's a band," I told Mike.
"A good bad?" Mike asks.
"Not age appropriate."
"Ok mommy."

I kiss his forehead glad that he just take what I say is the truth. The food came. I move things so I'm able to eat while he eats. I take a bit and look at Mike and see him messing with it. I grab a spoon and get the broth and hold it out and he eats it.

"I have to eat all of it?" He asks.
"Of course not honey. Eat what you want."
"Ok."

He starts eating making me kiss his head. Ken smiles at me. I smile at him. His phone rings he grabs it and looks at it and gets a bigger smile.

"What happen?" I ask.
"My mom, sister and two nieces are here."
"That's nice."

He nods his head and look at Mike and start talking to him making me know Mike most likely is pulling his pouting face on. We get up after the food leaves. I grab my glasses and put them on top of my head before walking out and Ken walks us to my Car. I set Mike in his car seat then start the car making sure the Air is on since Mike is asleep. Ken warps his arm around my waist. I smile at Ken.

"Does he like me?" Ken asks.
"Yes he does."
"Are you sure?"
"Yeah. He liked you before today."
"He's really cute and cool but he doesn't seem to act like other kids."
"He has quirks."

He looks at me and kisses my forehead.

"You will tell me if it's important?" Ken asks.
"Only Jade and Whitey know what his quirks are."
"Ok."

I hug him tight and he kisses my lips. I pull away after a bit and smile at him.

"Go see your family. Call me when you have time," I said.
"I will promise."

He kisses my lips and wave at me. I wave at him and turn around and get Mike buckle before getting in my seat and drive home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfit