Let My Love Open the Door to Your Heart

Cookies

I pull up to my house and grab my phone out of my bag since it rang while I was driving home. I look and see Ken called me so I call him back.

"Hey," Ken said.
"Hey," I said.
"I'm back home."
"Aw that's great I missed you."
"Missed you too. When can I see you?"
"If you want it alone you got to wait till tomorrow at lunch time. If you don't care if Mike is there then it can be tonight."
"Ok I come over."
"Ok I cook dinner."
"And Cookies?"
"Yes and Cookies."
"Cookies?" Mike said.
"Bye Ken."
"Bye."

I hang up and look at Mike.

"What you want for dinner?" I ask.
"Cookies?"
"I am going to make cookies."
"Muddy men?"
"No but something similar."
"Ok."
"What you want to eat?"
"Pizza."
"That sounds good."

I drive to the store and get out then get mike out and text Ken how pizza sounds since that's what Mike wants. I get the indigents I need for the cookies.

"You should make fudge too," Mike said.
"I should make fudge?"
"Yeah."
"What kind of Fudge should I make?"
"Peanut Butter."

I laugh at him and grab things to make brownies since those sound good. I get the peanut butter and buy everything and go home. We get inside and I start making the fudge since that takes the longest to get done. My phone rings and I see it's Ken.

"Hello,” I said.
"You’re not cooking tonight?" He asks.
"Mike wants Pizza. When he said that it sounded really good and I’m making cookies."
"That sounds good. So Pizza it is."
"Great."
"I'm halfway there. We talk about Pizza when I get there or you want to order sooner?"
"We can order when you get here."
"OK bye."
"Bye."

I hang up and Mike looks at me.

"Clash?" I ask.
"Yes."

I turn The Clash on my phone and set it on the counter while I finish the fudge and start the cookies. Mike came and starts helping me with the cookies.

"So what we are doing?" Mike asks.
"We are making peanut butter cookies."
"Just plain?"
"We going to dip them in to chocolate.”
"We should put 94 on them."
“I can make that happen."
"Good."

I rolled my eyes and kiss Mike's forehead and put the first batch in the oven. I get things out and start melting white chocolate. Once it's done, I pipe a couple 94 on a plate and put it in the fridge. There is a knock on the door after a bit. I get up and open the door and see its Ken. I smile at him and kiss his lips. He smiles at me.

"Hey," He said.
"Hello."

He came in and Mike look up and wave at Ken then go back playing on the track Jade got him. I pull Ken in the kitchen and he looks at the counter.

"You are making cookies?" He asks.
"Yes Peanut butter cookies and going to dip some in chocolate."
"And Fudge?"
"Yes it's cooling in the fridge right now."

There is a beep. I grab the cookies out of the oven and set them down and put another pan in.

"So what kind of Pizza do you like?" I ask.
"Any can," He said.

I look at him and he shrugs his shoulders.

"I really don't care," He said.

I look at him and start naming things and figure out he likes veggies on his pizza so I just get half of a pizza with it and half with extra Pepperoni and order a Meat Lover’s pizza and get a order of bread sticks and wings. I put it for deliver and put my phone down.

"So can I have a cookie?" Ken asks.
"Yes,” I said.

I grab one and hand him it and get the cookies out and put another pan in.

"These are good," Ken said.
"Wait till they are dipped in chocolate," Mike said.
"That sounds great."
"I'm doing that once the last batch is in to some of them,” I said.
"That's great."

I rolled my eyes and Ken look at the cookie.

"This is really good," He said.
"Thank you," I said.

"Did you get Pizza already?" Mike asks.
"Yes."
"Did you get wings?"
"Yes."
"Breadsticks?"
"Yes."
"Do I need to salad?"
"Yes."
"What about Ken?"
"Yes."
"You?"
"Yes."
"Ok Mommy."
"Want it now?"
"Nope."

He runs to the living room.

"He has all the bikes set out in sections," Ken said.
"They are set up in the pits. He has now set them up like it's a Supercross pit because Jade at the race drew him a map of how things are lay out."
"That's cute."
"Yeah besides now I’m asked where he can get pits so they can really look like tents."

Ken looks at me and laughs.

"I'm not joking," I said.
"Really? What happens when he can't get a bike because it's not out for a rider he likes?"
"If I get a plain one I draw it up."
"Really?"
"Yeah. Go look at the pits."
"I am."

I rolled my eyes and set the next cookies up. I go to the living room and see Mike talking to Ken about the bikes he has. I lean against the wall smiling. There is a beep so I go to the kitchen and get the pan out and start heating the chocolate up so it thins and melts. There is a knock on the door. I grab my wallet form my bag and walk to the door and open it and see it's the girl who told me to put on more clothes.

"What you need?" I ask.

She holds out a paper.

"You need to sign it," She said.

I grab it and read it and hand it back to her.

"That's for home owners. I'm just renting this. I can't sign it,” I told her.
"Yes you can."
"Nope. If you go to the owner place you can contact them. See you later."

I close the door and Mike look at me.

"Pizza?" He asks.
"Nope. Want your salad now?"
"Nope."
"Want to help dip the cookies?"
"Yes."

He runs to the kitchen. I go to the table and grab his chair and slide it in the kitchen. Mike grabs it and moves it to the counter and Ken looks at him as he starts climbing up.

"What you doing?" Ken asks.
"Going to help dip the cookies in the chocolate,” Mike said looking at him.
"Interesting."

I go to the stove and help Mike get some done before there is a knock on the door.

"Pizza," Mike said.
"Most likely,” I said.
"I go get it then," Ken said.

I look at him and he smiles at me before going to the door. He came back with Pizza and set it on the table.

"Salad now?" Mike asks.
"Yeah we did enough with chocolate," I said.
"Then Pizza? "
“Yeah.”
"Good."

I rolled my eyes and pick him up and Ken grab his chair and put it where it was on the table. I put Mike down and go and get salad. I look at the table and see Ken putting Mike in his seat making me smile. I grab the dressing and set them on the table.

"What you want to drink?" I ask looking at Mike then Ken.

"Water is fine," Ken said.
"Tea," Mike said.
"Got it baby."

Ken fallows me in the kitchen and smiles at me and grabs his cup. I pour it in his cup and then mine and grab the tea and pour it in Mike's. I get plates and forks and sit down at the table. We talk and I go to the kitchen and get the fudge out and cut it and get three cookies then fudge and go over and hand Mike a piece of fudge and a cookie then did the same to Ken and sit down eating my cookie.

"You awe the best mommy," Mike said.
"Thank you."

I kiss his forehead and he smiles at me. I run my hand through his hair. We eat the dessert and Mike gets down and run to the waffle blacks and starts playing with them with ken. I sit down and take a picture of them. Mike looks at me and smiles at me.

"What you making?" I ask.
"Pits for my real bike," Mike said.
"Cute."

He smiles and point to his bikes.

"I need pits for those bikes," Mike said.
"Use Lego’s," Ken said.
"It's not the same thing."

I sigh and look at him. He smiles and came and kisses my cheek before going back. I rolled my eyes. I look at the time and know I need to put Mike to bed now before he gets super cranky tomorrow. I get up and pick Mike up.

"Tell Ken Bye" I said.
"No bed time,” Mike said.
"Yeah."

He looks at me and pouts. I kiss his head.

"You need sleep."
"Fine. Bye Ken."
"Bye Mike,” Ken said.

Mike waves at him and I set him down. He hugs Ken's leg before running upstairs.

"He's is always on go isn't he?"
"Yeah he has switches. Its go or off."
"Do I need to go or can I stay?"

I bit my lip and look at him and kiss his lips.

"You can stay,” I told him.
"Good,” He said.

I laugh and go upstairs and go to Mike's room and see him in his bed with a book in his hand. I grab it and see it Go Dog Go. I smile and read it to him then kiss his forehead.

"Brush your teeth?" I ask.
"Yes."
"I love you. Sleep good."
"Love you too mommy."

I kiss his forehead and walk out and turn the light off and he cuddle up with his dirt bike pillow that I got him. I close the door and walk downstairs and see Ken in the kitchen eating a cookie. I laugh and go over to him and kiss his lips. He smiles at me and look at me.

"I have something I want to talk to you about," He said.
"What is it?" I ask as I sit on the counter and look at him.
"At the last race my ex girlfriend talked to you."
"Yes she did. I handle it so I saw no reason to bring it up to you."

He looks at me.

"I don't care for her but she will be around,” He said.
"I know my place and as long as she knows hers then there is no problem."

He looks at me.

"Have you told your parents about us?" He asks.

I bit my lip and shake my head a little sacred how that's going to be.

"Why?" He asks.
"I'm scared. I know how they are going to feel but I don't know what it's going to do to the barely there relationship we have,” I said.

He hugs me and kisses my forehead.

"I care for you and I would have liked to see you a lot sooner on Saturday. I don't ever expect you to be like Lindsay or Mathilde up there before I get to talk to the cameras but I want you close when I get off the podium."

I nod my head and sigh.

"I call them tomorrow."

My phone rings and He hands it to me since he was closer and I see it's my mom.

"Hey Mom," I said.
"So you have a boyfriend."
"Who told you?"
"Meghan did."
"Of course she did. Is dad around?"
"Yes."
"Get him on the phone to."
"What?"
"I'm going to tell you about my boyfriend."
"Ok hold on."

I nod my head and grab on to ken's hand.

"I'm here Jezebel," MY dad said.
"As you heard I have a boyfriend. It's been for a while. I really like him."
"How old is he?"
"20."
"Does he have a job?" My dad asks.
"He actually has a career."
"And he's 20?”
"My boyfriend Ken Roczen,” I blurted out.

I bit my lip hearing nothing.

"Really?" My dad asks.
"Yes."
"I been telling you since you came."
"Dad it started before I came to the races."
"When did it start?"
"When the east coast started."
"And he met Mike already great mothering skills."

I feel tears starting to build up in my eyes.

"He goes against your brother every weekend. Think about what this could do to Ryan. He won't want to push him to do something with Ken because it can upset you."
"Dad, Ryan knew about this since it started and things happen this season."
"Right. Bye."
"You know you shouldn't have been involve with him because of Ryan," My mom said.
"Thanks mom. Bye."
"Bye."

I hang up and sigh. Ken warps his arms around me and kisses the top of my head. I warp my arms around his neck and look in his eyes.

"Was it worse then you expected?" He asks.
"I don’t know. I call them later this week to see how they are after they have some time to digest it. You have pretty eyes."

He laughs and kisses my forehead.

"I really like you," Ken said.
"I really like you too,” I told him.
"I Know. You let me in your house when your son was awake."

I laugh and nod my head. He kisses my head.

"You know spending time with him and you is as good as spending time with just you."

I smile at Ken and kiss his lips. He pulls away and smiles at me.

"We need to clean your kitchen," He said.

I look behind him and see there are a lot of things out.

"I get to it later," I said.
"I can help and get paid if I get more fudge."

I laugh and nod my head smiling thinking it’s cute that he offerd to help. I get off the counter and clean the kitchen up with Ken before going to the couch. I cuddle up in to Ken's side and smile at him. He kisses my forehead.

"So this thing that Red bull is doing in California," He said.
"Nope not going to that."

He pouts at me and kiss his lips.

"Why do you want me to go so bad?"
"Because I think I have to go to California around the time of Des Nations.”

I kiss his cheek.

"It will be fine," I said.
"I hope so."

I laugh and kiss his lips. He smiles at me when he pulls away. My phone rings making me grab it and see its Ryan telling me that I was right in waiting.

"What's that?" Ken asks.
"Ryan saw why I waited till after the season to tell my parents," I said.
"Are you upset that you did it?"
"No, but I wasn’t ready for it so that means it didn't come out the nicest way either."

He kisses the top of my head. I smile and cuddle up to him. He kisses the top of my head.

"My mom likes you," He said.
"Is that a good thing?"
"Yeah, my sister did too."
"I'm glad. They seem nice."

He laughs and kisses the top of my head.

"So how do you feel about me changing teams?" He asks.
"It seems like the season to do it."

He looks at me and I sigh and look down at my hands.

"Are you happy about the change?" I ask.
"Yes. I wanted this. I wanted to get back on a Suzuki for a long time but I had a contract and Suzuki doesn’t have a team of 250’s over here."
"You won on KTMs over here."
"I'm just that good."

I laugh and he smiles at me.

"How is Mike sleeping?" He asks.
"He's better and the mask is gone that makes me happy."
"Easier to travel then."

I laugh and shake my head. He smiles at me and kiss my lips. I pull away and hide in my head in his neck. We start talking about other things.
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfit