Let My Love Open the Door to Your Heart

Count for something

I'm at home looking over things for Mike heart surgery to think about the days I want to get it done since they said I really need to take only two weeks off but I talk to his school and they said they can have him for half a day since they do work with kids who have some disability. There is a knock on my door. I get up and open it and see Ryan. I smile and hug him. He hugs me tight.

"Hey," I said.
"Hey."

Mike comes and hugs Ryan. He picks Mike up and starts talking to him walking to the living room. Lindsay came and I hug her.

"Welcome back," I said.
"Thanks."

We walk inside and Ryan looks at me and point to the freestyle launcher that Adam got him.

"Adam got it for him?" He asks.
"Yeah, I think him and Ken really wanted to palsy with it but they didn't want to say they have a toy so they got it for him."
"Can I wide?" Mike asks.
"The ranch is busy," I said.
"I know a few spots close,” Ryan said.

I look at Ryan really not wanting to go to a public track with him because of how young he is.

"There are kids his age riding at tracks," Ryan said.
"I don't know," I mumble out.

Ryan looks at me and sigh.

"You don't know if you can be at a track?" He asks.
"Yeah it's scary."
"Has he ridden at all?"
"Yeah he has."

Lindsay looks at the paper work on the living room table.

"How about Ryan takes him out and we talk about the wedding?" Lindsay said.

I bit my lip and look at Ryan and he smiles at me.

"Come on I need to bond with him," Ryan said.
"Ok. Just watch him carefully ok?"
"Of course Jez."

I sigh and Ryan hugs me tight. He walks to the garage while Mike looks at me.

"Go get a gear set,” I told Mike.
"Am I going?” He asks.
“Yes.”

He runs upstairs and Lindsay sits down where I was and start looking at things.

"What are you planning?" She asks.
"Mike heart surgery."
"Ok we have a month and a half month till the wedding. We will be in California and home then Ryan will be at Des nations."
"Yeah I know."
"Ken will be in California a lot of the time?"
"Yep."
"So what do you think?"
"I'm thinking the last week of October."

She looks at me and grabs a paper and looks at me.

"Blake is thinking of coming and staying with you?" She asks.
"For a month."
"Just Blake?"
"Just Blake. I got a twin bed set up in Mike's room for him. Mike is most likely going to be in my bed with me when he's recovery anyways."
"Why isn't Megan coming?"
"Because Megan and Mike don’t mix well."

She sighs and looks at another paper.

"You are going to do it before the wedding?" She asks.
"Yeah so he's all healed up."
"And be ring bearer."

I nod my head and she looks at me.

"Is Ken coming?" She asks.
"I don't think it's a good idea."

She looks at me and sighs.

"I just think it might be a good idea to have him in Minnesota and maybe have a sit down with your mom and dad. He is a good boyfriend,” She explains.

I nod my head and Mike came down in his gear already. I laugh and go upstairs and grab Mike's clothes and go and get Mike who has his shoes in his hands. I sit him on the counter and put his shoes on.

"Can I have fudge?" He asks.
"Yeah."

I grab him and get fudge out and hand him a piece before getting a water bottle and fill it up and hand it to him and walk outside. Ryan looks and laughs at him.

"Excited?" Ryan asks.
"I’m going widing,” Mike said.

"His car seat is already in. I can't find his bag,” Ryan told me.

I hand him to Ryan and grab the bag and stuff his clothes in it before putting it in his back seat. Ryan looks at me.

"What is it?" Ryan asks.
"Lindsay asked if Ken should come to the wedding,” I said.
"He should."
"Really?"
"I hate this but he clams your nerves better than anyone. Being in a room full of people who you don't really know anymore freaks you out. I saw what he did to you at the races. He calmed you down just by waving and smiling you."
"I think about it."
"Mike is the ring bearer right?"
"Yeah."
"Good. Go talk to Lindsay."

I nod my head and walk inside and she her looking at all the things while typing things on the computer.

"What you doing?" I ask.
"Putting everything in one calendar. You can't have it the last week of October."
"Why?"
"November first?"
"Oh right I thought it was later."

She looks at me and smiles.

"So you are part of my bridal party," She said.
"Yep."
"Will you come to my bachelorette party?"
"What bout Mike?"
"I figure you leave him with Ryan or Jade."
"No. You go have fun with your friends."

She pouts at me making me smile at her.

"I love you Lindsay, but I don't party," I said.
"Any more."
"I never really did."
"Blake told me and Ryan stories. I put in my and Ran's schedules in the computer as while as Blake's," She said.
"Really?"
"I send my over already so I just needed to put Blake's up. Do you have Ken's?"
"He leaves for Cal in a week and stays for a month and might come in November."
"Might?"
"If the bike won't get shipped then he stays. He leaves the last week of December to go back to California for the start of the season."
"Ok."

I sit down and pull out the dates the doctor gave me.

"Here are the dates," I said.
"He needs two weeks recovery time?"
"Yeah. He can go to school since he can eat everything."
"Really? They said it is fine?"
"Once he's off of antibiotics yeah."
"Really?"
"Yeah they have things for kids who have some special needs so they said it's fine and it's going to be only a few hours like eight to One not a full day like normal."
"Is that what Mike wants?"
"Yes. He wants to be in school. He has his routine and he likes it."
"Ok so given Blake schedule it is pretty much do it in October or last week in September and that's it."

I grab the paper from the Doctors and figure out the dates and see one for the 15 is the best time.

"September 15 is the date then," I said.
"That's next week."
"The only other one is only a week before the wedding."

She looks at the dates and nods her head.

"What all you have to do?" She asks.
"I have an appointment tomorrow with them to go everything. Most things are going to be done there so it's all likened up right to get the best things for him."
"Ok need help I be here."
"I just need someone to wait in the hospital for me. It's going to be a lot worst then before."
"I make sure Ryan is there and Blake most likely will come."
"Yeah."

I grab my phone and text the date to Blake and he said sounds good, so he just comes with me when we go to the wedding. I grab the laptop and look up flights and find tickets for me and Mike so we there for a week and send it to Blake to see if that sounds good.

"Call Ken and asks him," Lindsay said.

There is a knock on my door. I get up and walk to it and open it and see Ken. I title my head and he waves at me.

"What you doing here?" I ask thinking he will text me before he comes up.
"We planned to hang out today," Ken said.

I run my hand through my hair feeling bad since I forgot and I really didn't get dress today.

"Are you feeling alright?" He asks.
"Yeah, I just forgot. I’m sorry," I said.

He hugs me and I smile and hug him tight and kiss his cheek.

"Lindsay is here and Ryan is taking Mike Riding at a track," I said.
"That's why I didn't get pulled to make a new track."

I laugh and nod my head. He kisses my lips.

"You are planning his surgery?" He asks.
"Yeah. That got done most likely."
"That's good."

He closes the door and walk to the living room pulling me with him. He stops and looks at the table.

"What is on the table?" He asks.
"Medical information," I said.
"Ok."

Lindsay stands up and smiles at him.

"Welcome back," Ken said.
"Thank you."

She hugs him.

"It's so great that you are here," She said.

Ken looks at her then at me.

"She planning something," He said.
"Yeah,” I said.
"Do you want to come to my and Ryan’s wedding?” Lindsay asks.

He looks at me and I shake my head.

"She doesn't think it's a good idea so it's most likely isn't," Ken said.

Lindsay looks at me and sighs.

"Ryan thinks it's good for you to be at least in town," Lindsay said.
"Why?"
"He just dose and Jade agrees with him."

Ken looks at me and I look at my hands.

"What are your brothers trying to do?" He asks.
"I can't stand my parents for a long time and you there adds a buffer that they won't mess with me as much."
"Why?"
"My parent's will not risk a scene at Ryan's weeding."
"I won't cause a scene."
"Talking to you might lead to scene in their mind."

He nods his head. He sits down next to me and pulls me close to his side.

"What do you think is the best idea?" He asks.
"Can you get a plane that comes in the night before and leave like early in the morning?" I ask.

He looks at me and I smile at him and he pokes my nose making me scrunch it up.

"You just don't want any real time where your parents and I talk?" He asks.
"Yeah. They really are not happy about us dating," I said.

Lindsay looks at me a little.

"I'm not saying this to be mean but you didn't tell them in the best way," She said.
"It's Megan's fault. She goes and tells them I have a boyfriend. I wasn’t ready and didn’t know how to move the conversation like I wanted to."
"Megan told them?"

I nod my head and she looks at me.

"Megan doesn't talk to Troy a lot without Blake. Blake wouldn't let that get out of her mouth,” Lindsay said.
"Mom called me so maybe she talked to mom which makes more sense because they are great friends."

Lindsay looks at me and raises her eyebrows.

"What?" I ask.
"I thought you liked her."
"I did till she became stand offish to me when I came back."

She looks at me and nods her head then looks at Ken who’s is just playing with my hair before smiling.

"So why did you come Ken?" Lindsay asks.
"To spend time with my girlfriend."

Lindsay looks at me.

"I forgot ok. I was told Friday that I have to figure out when I want the surgery so I woke up and did it today since Blake didn't give me days till late last night."

I pout at Lindsay and she looks at me.

"You been stressing out. Everything ok?" She asks.
"Yeah it's fine."
"You need to go to the ocean,” Ken said.

I rolled my eyes. Ken kisses the top of my head.

"Ryan told me to talk to you about the wedding," I said.
"Just to double check about the bridesmaid."
"Right. What about the dress?"
"I order it already in your size if not you be there to get it fitted in time."
"Ok. Mike?"
"I got everything taken care of ok."

I nod my head and look at her.

"I'm just going to go up in your room and sleep. Go have fun. Ryan will call you if anything goes wrong."

I nod my head and looks at Ken. He smiles at me.

"You need out of the house. Go get ready. I get along with Lindsay,” Ken said.

I nod my head and sigh and look at the paper work.

"I get this all clean up ok?" Lindsay said.
"OK."

I go upstairs and go to my closet and put on a dress I bought last week before going to the bathroom and start on my hair and makeup. There is a knock on my door. I open it and see Ken and he smiles at me and hand me my phone. I grab it and see Ryan text me a picture of Mike making me smile.

"Heard it and know you rather have it on you," He said.
"Thanks. We are not going to the beach," I said.
"That's fine. I figure we go see a movie."
"What movie?"
"Don't know but that was nice fun date."
"No pool."
"That's fine. I'm taking you to a book store."
"Why?"
"Because I’m going to find books for you to read to me while I’m away."

I look at him and he smiles at me.

"You read as much as you can and really enjoy it. You know everything about things I like so if I can't teach you how to swim then it might as well figure out what books you like and read them."

I smile at him and kiss his cheek.

"That's sweet," I said.
"It also relaxes me so I go to sleep sooner."

I laugh at him and walk to my bathroom and start doing my make up again.

"This is your room?" He asks.
"Yeah.

He looks around since I never really let him be in it so nothing happens. I finish as I see Ken looking in the bathroom.

"What?" I ask since he's just looking at the counter.
"Those bottles are organizes by color," He said.

I look at my nail polishes that are laid out nice and neat on the sink then at Ken.

"How else are you spouse to find the color I want when I'm looking for it?" I ask.
"So that's normal not just a thing you do?"
"Yeah. Most just don't have as many bottles as I do."

He looks at me and shakes his head.

"I'm looking for a holder to hang them in my room. Or Blake might make me one when he's here for Mike surgery."
"Really?"
"It disturbs him since he had to live with it."

He laughs and looks at me.

"Your make up as organize?"
"Of course. It has to me. I need my shoes and a bag and I’m ready to go."
"Sounds good."

I push him out of the bathroom and he goes in it and opens the cabinet where I have my makeup. I rolled my eyes and walk to my closet and grab shoes and then a jacket and throw it over so Lindsay and Ryan doesn't say anything. I go to the bathroom and see Ken looking at my hair supplies section at and he looks at me.

"You have everything from your station here set up as your sections."
"Thanks sweetheart."
"Maybe some of Mike quirks are passed down form how you set things up."

I look at him since no one ever mention I have things set up wired.

"Is it wired?" I ask.
"Your super organized maybe it's just something that Mike caught on to form how you do things and he thinks the right way to organize the bikes is in pits."
"I never thought about it like that."
"Why do you think he does it?"
"It's a quir."
"You use that wired to hide to something for me."
"I don't want him label as wired."
"What do you mean?"
"He has aspergers so he's just different than normal kids."
"He's great."

I smile at Ken. He kisses my lips making me smile at him. We walk downstairs and I see Lindsay looking at Mike's bikes.

"Are you going to make him pits?" She asks.
"Looking in to it for a Christmas present. No more unnumbered bikes. Get Ryan to give him waffle blocks or something ok?"
"Got it."
"Thank you."
"No problem. Ryan is thinking of getting dinner us four. He said Ken can come if he must."
"I got it," I said knowing Ryan just wants to spend some time with me.
"I'm not invited am I?" Ken asks.
"Nope."

Ken laughs and kiss my forehead. I smile at him and fallow him out to his truck. He drives to the movies in my area and we get out and get the tickets and see the earliest time is an hour. I text Lindsay what happen and she said it's fine since Dinner is sixish and it's only one.

"So we got an hour. Let's find some food," Ken said.
"Sounds good."

We sit down and find a Chipotle nearby before walking to it and sitting down the table with the food.

"So you have a early doctor's appointment in Orlando," He said.
"Yeah."
"How about we go to Disneyworld?"

I look at Ken and he smiles at me.

"No," I Said.
"Why? He did well at the races."
"You never saw him around a bike at race when it was on?”

He shakes his head since he just took a bit.

"He was barely holding on. That's when I grab him and take him on the RV. Dark quite since I put ear plugs in him and he can regroup. I just don’t know if he can handle it and he doesn't care about Disney and he can be terrified of characters," I said.
"He doesn't care about Disney?"

I look at him and know Mike can have a great time but I’m sacred how he's going to react to everything.

"I know he doesn't watch much of anything beside bikes but he does seem to like some Disney things. It's also just a fun thing to do,” Ken said.
"There is a lot of people there."
"A Monday in September?"

I look at him and he smiles at me.

"Think about it and ask him. Maybe not tomorrow maybe some other time,” Ken said.
"I will bring it up ok?" I asks him.
"Ok."
"He gets to decide what he wants to do?"
"Ok."
"He will most likely have times set up for everything."
"Ok."
"He will need a break away from everything."
"I figure it out."

I look at him and he smiles at me.

"You never thought about taking him?"
"Not to Disneyworld but California Adventures. It has Cars and that seems like something he will love."
"Yeah that is true."

I smile at him and he looks at me.

"So I’m coming to the wedding?" he asks.
"I would like it but you don't need too."
"What if I come in around the same time you do?"
"Then you have to talk to my parents that I can’t promise you will be good."

HE looks at me.

"Anything worse than when they called you and had you crying on the kitchen floor after you told them about us?" He asks.
"You will be able to defend yourself?"

He smiles at me and nod his head.

"I come early to do that then see about the wedding but stay for the wedding so I'm there for you after that."

I smile and kiss his lips.

"Thank you Ken. That means a lot."
"No problem."

I smile at him and we finish eating and go to the movies before he drives to my house. I look downstairs and don’t' see Lindsay. I sit down and Ken pulls me on his lap I smile at him.

"So what's your favorite Disney movie?" He asks.
"Fantasia or."
"Really?"
"Yeah."
"What about Princess?"
"Jasmine."

He nods his head and I smile and kiss his nose.

"Your turn yours?" I ask.
"Don't know there is a lot."
"Cheep answer."
"OK I guess it be Lion King."
"Not Little Mermaid?"
"What?"
"You and water."

He looks at me and I smile and kiss his lips. He smiles at me. The door opens Mike comes through and runs to the bathroom.

I get up and look at Ryan.

"Bathroom?" I ask.
"Yes. Told me he needed to go when I pull up the street."
"With him it's now when he tells you."
"Figure that out."

Lindsay walks down and looks at Ryan.

"Hey. You guys back early," Lindsay said.
"Mike was done. There were too many people there. I did not get bother that has to amount to something right?"
"Yeah means you got to keep him in your eye sight," I said.
"That's mean."
"Thank you."

Mike runs up to the couch and sits next to Ken.

"I wode today," Mike told him.
"Did you have fun?"

I smile as I watch them talk about Mike ridding and Mike leans against his chest and I can tell he's winding down.

"Mike want to go lay down in your bed?” I ask.
"No."

I look at him and he pouts at me. I rolled my eyes and look at the time. Mike gets down and go over to the TV.

"What you doing?" Ryan asks him.
"Take care of his bike. I don't want some to take it," I said.
"Oh right."

Ryan runs to the garage. I rolled my eyes and look at Mike and see he grab his movie bucket and start looking through it.

"You are going to watch a movie?" I ask.
"Yes."
"OK. It might need to be paused so we go eat with Uncle Ryan and Aunt Lindsay."
"And Ken?"
"No he has to go eat with Adam so Adam doesn't get lonely."
"Ok."

Lindsay looks at me. I smile at her since that has been come my answer to get Ken away. Mike start putting movies down.

"What you looking for baby?" I ask.
"I don’t watch only Bikes," Mike said.
"There are Smurfs," I said.

Ken looks at me and I hit his head lightly making Lindsay laughs.

"I'm going to go figure about dinner with Ryan,” Lindsay said.
"McDonald’s," Mike said.
"No," Lindsay said.
"Chicken nuggets."
"Ok."

Lindsay leaves and Mike looks at me.

"Why no McDonald?" Mike asks.
"Because Uncle Ryan needs to eat better so he can ride his dirt bike and win."
"Or Second."

Ken laughs and I rolled my eyes at him and Mike looks at me.

"My movies case wight mommy?" He asks.
"Yeah that's your movies."
"Where the one with the Mickey with the wizard hats that makes the brooms clean them self’s?"
"Why?"
"Uncle wyan says I only watch bike movies. I watch that movie and the one with the big blue guy that comes out a lamp with a monkey in a vest oh and the one with the fishes."
"Open the doors."

He looks at me and he opens it and Ken goes down and looks at me since it's full of Disney movies. Mike looks at Ken and Ken starts looking at the movies.

"Mike after your doctor's appointment, do you want to go to Disneyworld?" I ask.

He looks at me then point to Ken.

"Ken and Adam will come with us," I said.
"Will it be fun?"
"Yeah."

Ken shows him a movie.

"It's a park with rides form all these movies your mom been hiding form you."
"I have not hide them from him."
"Don't be mean to mom."

I laugh at Mike since Mike hasn't get teasing at all.

"After doctor's appointment?" He asks.
"Yes,” I said.
"It's early."
"We will meet up and get breakfast,”
"OK."

I pat Mike's head and look at Ken.

"You know what to do right?" I ask.
"Yeah. I go work on that now while I eat with him."

I laugh and Ken hugs Mike and pats his head. Mike grabs the movie and runs to the garage. I hug Ken and kiss his lips.

"I figure we take your car and Adam sister or someone else drives us where ever we get breakfast at so we can just pay parking for one car and get things ready."

I nod my head and Ken kisses my forehead. I smile at him.

"What time should you be done?" Ken asks.
"Eight or nine."
"Ok."

We walk out to the garage and Ken waves at Lindsay and Ryan.

"See you guys later," He said.
"Later," Ryan said.

I rolled my eyes as I see Ryan smiling at him. I wave at Ken when he gets to his car and turn around. He waves and get in and drive off.

"Is he coming to the wedding?" Lindsay asks.
"Yeah."
"That's good."
"Is he coming early?"
"Yeah."

They nod their heads.

"So he had seen Nemo?" Ryan asks.
"At school, I guess I never think about showing him where there are since he never seem in to them in Australia."

Ryan rolled his eyes at me.

"Shut up Bro. You are not a father you can't put the blame on me,” I told him.

He laughs and Mike runs inside. I go inside and see him put movies away and then grab my bag and hand it to me. I smile and walk out and close the garage. We walk to Ryan's truck seeing that Ryan and Lindsay are already inside.
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfit