Let My Love Open the Door to Your Heart

Hospital

I'm walk in to the waiting room and see Blake is sitting down.

"Hey," I said.
"Ryan and Lindsey are still on the road," Blake said.

I rolled my eyes at Blake and sit down.

"Did I upset you last night?" He asks.
"Yeah."
"I just want to make sure your thinking about things."
"I am Blake. I think about what's good for Mike over me."
"Then why don't you live at home?"
"Because I don't want people treating Mike like he's an asshole when he's a great kid and won't turn out like the sperm donor."
"You know he's three if you don't get married in the next year he will know that the man you want to him to call dad is not his real dad."
"I know. I don't plan on lying him like that Blake."
"Oh. So there no rush to getting married?"
"No."

He nods his head and looks at me.

"I just worry about you," He said.
"I call you once a week Blake. You know if anything happens."
"I know I just figure you tell me before you tell mom and dad."
"Someone told them I had a boyfriend. I just blurted it out. It's not the way I wanted to do anything but they know."

He looks at me and sighs.

"Where is Ryan?" He asks.
"You said they were on the road. I don’t know.”

We talked more about what he's going to build when my phone rings. I look at it and see it's my mom. I look around and see there isn't a real private area to talk.

"You ok?" Blake asks.
"Mom's calling this really isn't a place to talk."

He grabs the phone and answer. They talk before Blake hands it to me and I see he hanged up.
"What she want?" I ask.
"Just to say she's prying for you. I think there would have been more if you were answer."

I Nod my head. He looks at his phone and get up.

"They will text you with updates right?" He asks.
"Yeah."
"Let's go meet Ryan where he's getting you breakfast."
"I don't know."

Blake gets up and takes me to the nurse station.

"Hello," She said.
"Her son is in surgery. You will text her if anything going to happen right?"
"Yes."

I sigh still not wanting to leave.

"Did the doctor tell you how long it should take?"
"4 hours."
"You been here an hour. You got three hours. Go get breakfast. If anything happen the nurse in there will text you. She will text you with updates and tell you what is going on."
"Thank you," I said.

She smiles and nods her head.

"Your child will be fine," She said.
"Thank you," Blake said.

He takes me out to the car and he grabs the keys. I grab my phone and see Ken Text telling me him and Adam will come to the hospital after they are done ridding. I text him back that its fine and I tell him when Mike is out of surgery. Blake pulls up to a place that is packed.

"What is this place?" I ask.
"Ryan gave me an address this is it."

I sigh and get out. We go out of the parking and see where Ryan is. I hug him.

"How are you?" He asks.
"Fine," I said.
"Good let's go get food."

I fallow him to a restaurant and see its Cinnabon.

"You are great," I said.
"I know I am,” Ryan said.

I laugh at him and sit down next to Lindsay seeing there are drinks already on the table. I sit down and put my phone on the table. Lindsay smiles at me.

"I'm surprise you left the hospital," I said.
"I got her out. It was hard," Blake said.

I rolled my eyes.

"How long is he in the hospital?" Ryan asks.
"Four days is the earliest he's out, but it can be a week if everything fine but then it can be longer."
"Are you going to work those days?"
"No. Mike isn't going to behave if I’m not there," I said.
"That is true."

A girl came and brought the food out.

"Here you guys go,” She said.
"Thanks," We told her.

Blake and I eat while we talk before we go back to the hospital and sit down. The doctor came and I get up and go to the room that I can go in to while he waits for the room.

"Everything went great. He just being kept to make sure he's fine. He's going to be an active boy."
"He's always has been."

He smiles at me and walks out of the room. I run my hand threw Mike's hair. He waits up and holds his hand out. I grab on to it and kiss his forehead. He closes his eyes again. They move him to the room he's going to be in for the next couple of days.

"Mommy," He said.
"What you need baby?" I ask.
"Lay down with me."

I take my shoes off and sit down and lay on the bed next to him not wanting to move him. A nurse came and put down water on the table and smiles at him.

"How are you feeling?" She asks.
"Bad," He said.
"Ok if you feel like you going to be sick just grab this thing ok. It doesn't mean anything just what happens at times."
"Ok."

I kiss his head knowing he's not feeling god. She checks things then leave. I grab my phone and to text Ryan, Blake and Lindsay what room we are in when the door opens and I see it's them.

"Hey," They said.
"Hey."

I text Ken that Mike is out everything went good. I put my phone down and look at Mike who is cuddle close to me.

"What some water?" I ask.
"Yes."

I get the cup and pout the water and hand it to him. Ryan moves to sit on the bed making Mike look at him and he smiles. Ryan smiles at Mike.

"You need something?" He asks.
"TV."
I grab the remote and turn it on and flip through it till I find the kid shows and sigh since I really don't want to watch these.

"I want Bikes," Mike said.
"I got stuff in the car," I said.
"I go get it," Blake said.

He goes out and I turn off the TV glad that Mike still doesn't seem to really like TV shows. Mike leans closer to me and looks at Lindsay and waves at her. She waves at him. A nurse came in and smiles at us.

"Hey Mike how are you feeling?" She asks.
"Hurts," Mike said.
"How bad?"

She point to the faces on the paper and he looks at it then at me. I kiss his head not knowing how to explain this. The nurse looks at the paper then at him.

"How about you give me a number?" She asks.
"Eight," Mike said.
"Ok. We give you more pain meds."

She goes and then she looks at me.

"Can we talk outside?" She asks.

I nod my head and get off the bed and go to the door and walk out of the room.

"He doesn't know about emotions?" She asks.
"He has Aspergers," I said.
"Oh."

I nod my head.

"Can you help me with the pain meds then?" She asks.
"Yeah," I said.
"Thank you. I will make sure to note this on his chart for other staff so they know."
"Ok."

I go inside and lay down next to Mike again.

"What did she want?" Mike asks.
"Just wanted to make sure that I know what medication you are on."
"Ok."

I kiss his forehead. The nurse comes back and put something in the IV. I run my hand through Mike's hair and he goes to sleep. I kiss the top of his forehead and Blake came in with the bags that I didn't feel like bring in the morning. We talk a little before Blake and Lindsay goes and find lunch for us either at the hospital or close by.

Ryan looks at me and smiles.

"You and Blake better?" He asks.
"Yeah. I guess. I feel like he still has something against Ken when he hasn't before."
"Your 19 you’re not spouse to fall in love."
"He was younger."
"He wants you home. It would be nice for the whole family to acutely live in visiting distance."
"You are talking about Jade too right?"
"Yeah but I know he's not going to leave California."
"I'm not going to stay in Florida when you leave most likely."

He nods his head and smiles at me.

"You see life in California more than Florida?"
"Maybe? I don't know. Florida is good but California has a nice appeal. Jade went to find my jobs before I moved and those pay checks are amazing."

He looks at me.

"Then why did you moved here? There time you would have both of us there," Ryan said.

I look at Mike and brush hair of out his eyes.

"I wanted to live in a house. Houses are cheap here. I wouldn't be able to live the way I do here over there," I said.
"Ok. That's really nice to know. I don't want you to be alone here."
"You act like you won't at some point be living here again when you got a son turning pro."

He smiles and shrugged his shoulders. Lindsay and Blake came in and set things down. We eat and talk the four of us. Mike gets up and I feed him when he asked about food since he didn't feel like moving. There is a knock on the door. Blake opens it and open it making me look and see Adam and Ken.

Mike looks at them and smiles.

"Hi Ken," Mike said.
"Hey Buddy," Ken said.
"Hi Adam," Mike said.
"Hey. Oh what movie are you watching?"
"Twice," Mike said.
"What's that?"
"It's about Cam Sinclair near fatal clash," I said.

Adam looks at me.

"He's a FMX guy," I said.
"Ok, he did the double flip right?"

I nod my head and Mike looks at me.

"I want to watch X-games,” he said.
"Which one?"
"The messed up one."

I laugh and get my computer and set it on the counter and open up where I have all the things that's I taped and put on speed and Style at x-games 17.

"Wait you knew what he talking about?" Blake asks.
"Speed and Style there were wired things going on that Race that lead to two bronze medals being given out."
"OK."

I rolled my eyes. Lindsay hugs me.

"We going to go," Lindsay said.
"Ok."
"Blake is coming with us."

I nod my head and pauses the video. Mike said by to them. I hit play and smile seeing Adam trying to look at the scene. I get up and pat the bed and Adam looks at me.

"Sit down next to him to watch it," I said.
"That makes sense."

I rolled my eyes and sit down next to Ken. He smiles at me. I lean against side lightly as I watch Mike and Adam play.

"I think they found their best friend," I said.
"Yeah I think so too,” Ken said.

The Nurse came in and talked to Mike about the pain levels and she gives him the medicine before walking away. Mike looks at me after a little bit.

"What is it baby?" I ask.
"I need to brush my teeth."

I go over and get his tooth brush out of my bag and pick him up then look at the Iv thank he's attach to.

"I push it behind you," Ken said.
"Thanks."

I go to the sink and set him on the counter and make sure he's sitting up straight before brushing his teeth because i can tell he's falling asleep. I get him to rinse his mouth before I carry him to the bed and lay him down. I warp his blanket up on him.

"Are you actually going to sleep in that bed or this one?" Adam asks.
"Most likely here with him. He likes to be close when he's hurting."
"Ok I’m going to go," He said.
"Ok bye Adam. Thank you for coming. He really light up from seeing you."
"No problem. I might come over later on. I text you when I’m thinking about it."
"Ok got at least three more nights."

Adam nods his head and hug me. I smile at him. He leaves. I look at Mike and see him asleep, I kiss his forehead and turn off the lap top and sit down where Ken is. Ken warps his arms around me and kisses the top of my head.

"He's ok," Ken said.
"I know."

He kisses my forehead and smiles at me.

"You thinking about something," He said.
"Ryan just mentions how nice it will be for the family to be all together."
"I can see how that is nice."
"But him and Blake love Minnesota."
"Are you going to stay in Florida when Ryan moves back?"
"I don't know. I might. I might move to California even before he dose to be closer to Jade. I can see him having kids’ way sooner than Ryan."
"I can see you liking it in California. I love that state."
"It just cost a lot to have a house."

He nods his head and look at Mike.

"It might be good that you out here where the community is all spread out then there where it's cluster," Ken said.

I nod my head and look at him. He smiles at me and kiss my lips.

"I come and see you guys at night time. Might bring dinner,” He said.
"Thanks,” I said.

I smile at him and kiss his lips fast and Ken smiles at me. He run his hand through my hair.

"You know what?" HE said.
"What?"
"You look gorgeous without Make up," He said.

I rolled my eyes at him.

"I'm serious," Ken said.
"I have make-up on," I said.
"Really?"
"Yeah."
"Got wash it off. I want to see you without any make up."

I get up and grab a wash cloth and wash the face make up i put on and Ken looks at me.

"You look the same maybe a little redder but that could be form rubbing your face," Ken said.

I laugh at him. He grabs his phone and I glare at him when I see it's pointing at me.

"Hey smile at me," He said.

I smile at him knowing he's not going to quite till he gets it and he takes it and then show me it.

"You look good," He said.
"Thank you," I said.

He kisses my lips. I smile when he pull away.

"I need to go. You are tired," HE said.
"Ok night."
"Night."

He went to the door when Mike makes a noise. I look and see Mike holding his arm out.

"What you need baby?" I ask.
"You leaving?" He asks.
"No just going to the other side," I said.
"Ken Leaving?"
"Yeah."

Ken came over and hugs him.

"You need to go to bed buddy," Ken said.
"Ok. Night Ken."
"Night buddy."

Ken kisses his forehead. Ken looks at me and I wave at him as he goes to the door. I get change in my pajamas and look at Mike.

"You want me to sleep in the bed with you or the other bed?" I ask.
"With me."

I sit down in the bed and he cuddles up to me. I move him so he's straight like he's spouse to and lean against him. The nurse came in and point to the bed.

"There is a bed for you," She said.
"Mommy stays in the bed with me," He said.
"Ok."

I kiss his head.

"He's picky how he sleeps," I said.
"Ok."

She leaves and I kiss mike's forehead again.

"Mommy?" He asks.
"Yes."
"I love you."
"I love you too baby. I love you forever."
"I know."

I smile at him and watch him fall asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfit