Let My Love Open the Door to Your Heart

Acorns

I'm making breakfast when my phone rings.

"Good morning," I said.
"Hey. What you doing for dinner or Lunch?" Ken asks.
"Nothing. Why?"
"My dad wants to actually sit down and meet you."
"He speaks English right?"
"Yes. What do you say?"
"It sounds good. When and where?"
"I talk to him when I land so most likely dinner."
"Whatever you want. Just text me enough time to get down there."
"Right. How is Mike doing?"
"He misses ridding."
"When is he able to ride again?"
"Not till after the wedding."
"That's good."
"Why do you say that?"
"Then he won't bug you about going to a track out there."
"That's a good point. I didn't think about that."
"I call you later. I'm at the airport."
"Ok bye."
"Bye."

I hang up and finish breakfast. Mike came down and holds his arms out when he came in the kitchen. I pick him up and kiss his head. He lays his head on my shoulder.

"Hey baby," I said.
"What you making?" He asks.
"Biscuits for biscuits and gravy," I said.
"Those are good."

I nod my head and start making the gravy. I get a plate and make Mike's plate then go to the table and set him down and put the plate down. I get him a cup of milk and fork before setting them on the table. I get my plate and sit down and eat. Once I'm done, I get Mike out of his chair. He grab on to my neck.

"Are you feeling ok?" I ask.
"Yeah. When is Ken going to come back?"
"Today. We might go to lunch or dinner with him and his dad."
"We should get him cookies."
"What kind of cookies?" I ask.
"Pinecones."
"Ok. What flavor of cookies?"
"Chocolate. There should be white chocolate too."
"I look in to things to do."

I clear the table with him in my arms. I clean the kitchen then take him upstairs and put him in the bath. I get my phone and start looking at things to get ideas what Mike wants.

"Ok what about I do something like this?" I ask holding it out to Mike.

Mike lean over and shake his head.

"Those are not pinecones,” Mike said.
"Yes they are."
"No."

He grabs a crayon that he can draw on the side of the bath tub and draw an acorn on the side.

"That's an acorn buddy. This is a pinecone,” I told him.
"Oh. Ken needs acorn cookies."
"Maybe leafs too."
"Both?"
"Yes."
"Ok."

I smile and start looking at things as he wash the acorn off the wall. I turn the shower on and wash the conditioner out of his hair. I get the towel and dry him off before I put him on the floor. He goes to his bedroom. I get him dress and start drying off his hair. I sit down on his bed and start looking at the cookies. Mike sit down and sit on my lap looking at it with me.

"Ok we can make Acorns that are chocolate and add food coloring to the white chocolate," I said.
"I like this gold," Mike said.
"I can look in to doing that," I said.
"Ok. No leafs today."
"Ok baby."

I kiss his head and get up once he gets off my lap. I walk to the closet and see Mike is on my bed.

"Are you feeling ok?" I ask him.
"Where is Uncle Ryan?" he asks.
"He's in California riding his bike."
"Oh ok."
"Do you want to talk to him?"
"Yes."

I grab my phone and put it on speaker while looking at my closet.

"Hey," Ryan said.
"Hey. Mike want to talk to you," I said.
"That's fine."

I hand it to Mike then get ready. I carry him down and get his shoes on. He hangs up and hand me the phone. I carry him out to my car and drive to Michele’s and get him out then put him in the cart and go to the cake aisle.

"What do we need Mommy?" He asks.
"Cookie cutters, Glitter and food coloring."
"Right."

I kiss his head and go to the festive area knowing that's a place to start and find the cookie cutters. I grab it and throw them in the basket then walk to the cake aisle and see things for cake pops. I grab it and start reading it.

"What's that?" Mike asks.
"Cake pops."
"What are those?"
"They are cake on a stick with a candy casing. It seems interesting."
"Cookies are better," He said.
"Right."

I put it down and grab food coloring and get look at the icing tips and grab a cool one I like and hand it Mike then grab the last things we need and buy them and go to the store and get things for organic cookies.

"What is this place?" Mike asks.
"It's the Organic Grocery store," I said.
"Why are we here?"
"Because it sells food that Ken and Adam eat so the cookies will be better for him or them."
"Oh so Aldon doesn't hurt Adam a lot?"
"Yeah."

I kiss his forehead and get everything for the cookies.

"I'm hungry mommy," Mike said.

I look at the time and see it's already 12:30.

"McDonalds to eat at home?" I asks knowing I need to start making the cookies if they will be done for tonight.
"Ok mommy,"

I go to the McDonalds and get us food then drive home. I hand Mike the Michael’s bag before getting everything else and lays it all on the counter.

"Can you put on the super cross races," He asks.
"Sure which one?"
"This year A1," He said.

I nod my head and go and put it on. I grab the McDonalds and put his nuggets on the coffee table and open his apples. My phone rings making me grab it and see its Adam texting me an address and a time. I call him while I start making the cookies.

"Hey," Adam said.
"Hey. Was that text meant for me?" I ask.
"Yes. Its form Ken's dad. They didn't have your number and Ken is on the airplane."
"Them?"
"Me and Aldon are going to join you."
"You want cookies too?"
"That's just mean."
"I'm making it Organic."
"Really?"
"Yes. I feel bad but it's a chocolate coating so it's still not the best."
"Oh but its Organic that has to count for a little lax in the work out."
"Ok bye."
"Bye."

I hang up finish making the batter before putting it in the fridge. I walk to the living room and watch the last of A1 with Mike. I put on Phoenix for him and walk to the kitchen and make the cookies and get them to look like the picture before grabbing one and take it to Mike.

"I like it," Mike said.
"Good."

I put the cookie down before looking up the restaurant and see I got time to get ready still. I go and curl my hair and do makeup before getting in new clothes. I get Mike a jacket and grab my sweater before walking down and put them in my purse. I go and bag the cookies to give to Ken and Adam and put the other cookies away. I let Mike finish Phoenix before getting him in the car and driving to the place. I see Ken's Truck. I get out and go to Mike.

"Awe meeting Ken hewe?" Mike asks.
"Yeah. His Dad is going to be here."
"Ok."
"And Adam and Aldon."
"The guy form the races right?"

I nod my head and see Ken coming around form the corner. I smile knowing he's waiting for me so he can greet me away from them. I put Mike on the sidewalk. He walks to Ken. Ken picks him up and kisses his forehead.

"Hey buddy," Ken said.
"Hi. I got Mommy to make you cookies."

I rolled my eyes making Ken laughs. I kiss his cheek.

"Hey," I said.
"Hey. Adam and Aldon invited themselves along."
"I know. Adam told me when I called him to make sure the text he sent me was for me. When did you figure out?"
"When I pull up here and saw my dad with them."

I shake my head and Ken put Mike down. I kiss Ken's lip and he smiles at me.

"It's ok," I said.
"What about him?"
"Sit him next to Adam and as long as no one tries to tell him what to do besides me then he be fine."
"Ok."

Ken kisses the top of my head. I walk where Mike is and grab his hand and let Ken lead us where everyone is. Mike grabs my leg when we got closer since there are people around. I grab him and walk over to the rest of people.

"Dad this is Jezebel and Mike," Ken said.
"It's nice to meet you," I said. starching my hand out.
"It's nice to meet you too."

He shakes my hand and look at Mike who has his head over my shoulder so he isn't looking at anything but my hair.

"How old is he?" He asks.
"Three and a few months," I said.
"He looks tall."
"He is tall for his age."
"That's interesting."

"No Adam," Mike said.

I turn around and see Adam behind me looking shocked.

"He was going to pull your hair," Mike said.
"No. No one touches your mom hair," Adam said.

I smirk remembering at a race we did when I was 15 and made him pay for pulling my hair. Adam holds his arms out and Mike leans towards him. I hand him Mike to him. Adam walks a few steps away so Mike can't hear what we are talking about.

"What did you do to him?" Ken asks.
"I tackled him to the ground then stepped on him shoulder blades in heels so hard that the heels cause pain for about a month."
"When was this?" Aldon asks.
"Four years ago," I said.
"Jezebel raced before she got pregnant," Ken said.
"I knew Adam for a while. We tend to be in the pits next to each other," I told them.
"How good were you?" Aldon asks.
"I was above average."
"You didn't get back on when you had him?"
"When I figure out I was pregnant the passion for it died," I said.

Ken's dad nods his head.

"Where is his father?" Ken dad asks.

I look at the ground and start starching my left palm.

"He will never know his biological father," I said.
"You got pregnant by him shouldn't he handle some of the responsibility?" His dad asks.

Ken said two words to his dad in German before he pulls me to his side and grabs my right hand.

"Where is his father?" Ken dad asks.

I feel Ken go ridged making me look at his dad.

"His father is in Jail for another year and half," I said.
"Why?"

Ken say the same two words again loudly making me fell bad knowing they have had hard times and don't want me to be the reason they are fighting. Aldon looks down making me look and see the thing to say the table is ready is blinking.

"You two talk and calm down. The rest of us will sit down." Aldon said.

I walk over to Adam and he smiles at me.

"You ok?" Adam asks.
"Come on the Table is ready."

Mike holds his arms out. I get him and he kisses my cheek.

"I love you mommy," He said.
"I love you too."

I kiss his forehead and walk over to the door. I fallow Adam who is fallowing Adam to the table. We sit down and I put Mike in the high chair.

"I'm cold Mommy," He said.

I grab his jacket and put it on him.

"I want a hamburger," Mike said.
"Ok."

I smile at him and get the bikes in my bag and put them on the table before starting to look at the kids menu to figure out what to order to Mike.

"What happen to Ken and his dad?" Adam asks.
"He brought up a touching subject for me," I said.

Adam nods his head and look at Mike.

"When is he ridding?" Adam asks.
"Not till the doctor said it's ok," Mike said.
"When do you go to the doctor's?"
"After We back seeing Grandpa and Grandma,".
"I see."

Ken came and sits down at the table and I know he's still a little mad. I kiss his cheek lightly. He looks at me and I smile at him.

"Is your dad coming in?" I ask.
"Yeah."

I nod my head and hand him the menu then start and stop seeing they have shrimp.

"Baby, you want shrimp?" I ask Mike.
"Yes," Mike said.

I nod my head and figure we just share the big palter with the shrimp. Ken's dad sits down across from me being the empty seat at the table. The waitress came and we all order out drinks. She walks away and Mike and Adam start playing with the bikes.

"Dose he ride?" Ken dad asks.
"Yeah four about 4 months," I said.
"A KTM?"
"Yes. Ryan and Jade got it for him."
"Interesting where dose he ride?"
"I take him to the Carmichael’s Ranch."
"They let kids that little ride?"
"They let him ride. We have been family friends for years."
"And Linda likes her the best out of anyone who goes to the farm," Adam said.

Ken lean over.

"How funny is that story?" Ken whisper.
"Pretty funny."

The waitress came and put down and we order are dinner. We start talking a little and I feel ken relax as dinner goes on. Ken's dad leaves so Aldon move to sit in front of me.

"What you want to know about Ryan?" I ask.
"How dose him and Ken really gets along?"
"Nothing will happen down at your place."
"That's not an answer."
"They’re going to be times that Ryan not going to be happy with Ken but he won't let it affect his work."

Aldon nod his head and then look at Ken.

"I can get along. If it's bad I just call her and she come with him and Ryan will forget about me," Ken said.

I nod my head since Ryan will not cause any scene what so ever with Mike being around.

"Ok that makes me feel better. I see you two in the morning,” Aldon said looking at Ken and Adam.
"She made Organic cookies," Adam said.
"You need to stop eating so many cookies,” Aldon said.
"Cookies are what make him win," Mike said.

Aldon looks at Mike then Adam.

"Having a three year old stand up for you makes my point," Aldon say.
"Try a cookie," Mike said.
"What?"
"Try a cookie and you see how great they are."

Aldon looks at me.

"He loves cookies," I said.
"Ok,” Aldon said.
"He made me eat them," Adam said.
"No I didn't. I’m smaller then you,” Mike said.

Adam looks at Mike then at me.

"He's smart," Adam said.
"I know soon he's going to suppress you."

He rolled his eyes and Aldon leaves.

"Let's go," Ken said.

I nod my head and Ken gets Mike. I get the bikes and put it in my bag. We go outside and Adam leaves after I give him his cookies. I hand Ken his cookies and he looks at me.

"Should you be heading back home?" Ken asks.

I look at Mike and see him fighting to stay awake.

"We can go somewhere else," I said.
"Come to my house then?"

I nod my head. He puts Mike in his car seat before kiss my forehead.

"Just fallow me," He said.

I nod my head and get in the car and fallow him to his house. I get Mike out and see he is asleep. I go where Ken is. He looks at Mike and smiles.

"He looks so peaceful," He said.
"I know."

We go inside and we set Mike down on the couch before go to his kitchen. I sit down and grab on to his hand. He looks at me. I smile at him and get up and kiss his lips.

"Hey," I said when I pull away.
"Hey."
"Dinner was good. Don't worry about it."
"I had to tell my dad. He wasn't going to drop it."
"It's ok. I have a hard time coming out and saying it at times."
"Got it."

He nods his head and I smile at him. He kisses my lips making me smile. We talk and kiss for about 2 hours before I get Mike and go home so I can work tomorrow.