Your love is covered in blood

Chapter One

I sit alone in the forest in the dead of night. A green array of fallen leaves and trees on the backdrop of pure black. It is the new moon cycle. I sit on the ground with a wolf, my friend. She's beautiful, white as snow and strong. I tell her everything. She usually just looks up at me and smiles. If wolves could smile. I have just hunted recently and I feel very powerful, very strong. My name is Nyx, I am a vampire. I am a pureblood vampire. My entire family is vampires. I am sixteen years old. When I turn twenty-five, I will stop aging. Yes, I drink blood. Yes, I do have a reflection. No, I don't sleep in a coffin. Yes, I do come out in daylight. My powers are simply limited. I am deeply in love with my friend, a boy. I never knew vampires could be gay. His name is Xander and he is perfect. He has gorgeous dirty blonde hair that always covers his green eyes. He has the perfect body, slender and tall. He always wears bright colors and always a smile on his face. I am raven haired, my skin is fair, almost white. My eyes are blue, an oddity for vampires. I usually wear black a lot. Black jeans, black tee-shirts, everything black. My smile is faint. Only Xander ever notices it. I have never confided in anyone that I am gay. Not even Xander. Xander is gay as well. He's never without a boyfriend. I would love to date him but I'm afraid my instincts will outweigh my senses. I thirst for his blood. I see his neck and it's all too tempting. I want to puncture holes in it. Take away his blood. But, no, I must contain myself. I have also never confided in anyone that I am a vampire. I find it much too risky. I am severly depressed. I cut myself, everyday. I've tasted my blood before, it's highly intoxicating. Delicious, yet dangerous. My scars heal quickly, so no one ever notices.

The sun begins to rise in the pinkish-purple skyline. My friend walks away. I pet her goodbye and go our seperate ways. I begin to walk home. Today is tuesday so I have to go to school. A school filled with humans. I should find it tempting but so many of them are assholes, I'd simply kill them to kill them. I walk into my house and hear the shower on. Dammit. My sister beat my to it. Desdemona is eighteen, in her last year of high school. Des is the smart one in the family. With sense and smarts, she'll go to any college. She's really eyeing Harvard though..... When she's finally finished, I take my shower, get dressed, gather my school bag, and head off to her car. She drives us to school. Mother and Father find her more "experienced" than I. Next year I'll drive myself. We enter the car and head off to school