Your love is covered in blood

Chapter Two

As the car began to accelerate, Des tried to make conversation with me.
"Did you have a nice evening?"
I nodded my head in response. "Yes. In fact. It was very nice."
In the car, Des and I are not speaking english. We are speaking latin. It is our language. I also take latin in school and I currently have the highest grade in the class.
"What about you, Des?"
She bit her lip. "It was... okay."
My sister and I had never really gotten along all that well. We were much too different. She was sensable, smart, pretty, popular, and had fantastic people skills. I, on the other hand, was hasty, I don't think I'm handsome, I'm an outcast, and I can't stand talking to others. The only thing we have in common is we are both smart. That's it.
We arrived at school. I grabbed my stuff and walked towards my class. Chemistry. Bleh. On my walk there, I ran in to Xander.
"NYYYYYYYYYYYYYXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX!!!!!!!"
He hugged me so tightly. I loved his warm embrace. I wonder how he could stand my icy body against his warm one? I hugged him back.
"Hello Xander."
He began to mess with his bracelets. "Guess what??"
I raised my eyebrows. "I really don't like guessing games."
He laughed. "Michael broke up with me."
I began to really take intrest. "Really?"
"Yeah, He decided he isn't gay anymore."
"Oh."
I heard the bell ring.
"I must be going, Xander."
He gave me a hug. "Hey... um can you come over my house after school to help me with my English project?
I smiled. "I'd love to."
"Thanks" he said.

Contarary to what I thought, the day was passing by quickly. I told my sister that I'd be going home with Xander to help him with his project. I walked with him to lunch. I never ate lunch, there was no need to. I only lived on blood. I pulled out my Johnny The Homicidal Maniac comic book and began to read.
Xander came back with his lunch. "Nyx?"
I looked up. "Yes?"
"I...."
Just then, two of our other friends, Monika and Poena, walked back to our table.
"Hey boys." Monika said. Monika was very chatty. Okay, sometimes she never shut up. Poena wasn't very chatty. Actually she never talked at all. Except to me. She never ate lunch either. I suspected she may have an eating disorder. But she isn't that thin though...
Monika flicked back her long, dyed brown hair. I always thought she had a crush on Xander, even though Xander was openly gay since 9th grade. Poena had white blonde hair, always wore white, had piercing grey eyes and had a fair complexion. If I was straight I'd totally date her. Monika and Xander ate lunch and Poena just wrote poetry. I read my comic book. We usually talked a lot but today was strangely quiet. The lunch bell rang and we all went to our 4th hour class.

Later that day
School was finally over. Xander was waiting for me outside of my 6th hour class. We walked to his car. I could of swore he was trying to hold hands with me, but backed out. That would be a dream. We went into his car and drove to his place. He turned up the radio, blasting The Smashing Pumpkins. I mumbled along to the words.
"Time is never time at all
You can never ever leave without leaving a piece of youth
And our lives are forever changed
We will never be the same"

At last, we arrived at Xander's nice white house with the nice white picket fence around it. He fiddled with his keys to open the door. He opened the door and we entered the house, walked up the stairs,and entered his room. It was nothing special, simply a blue room with typical room stuff and posters. He motioned me to sit on his bed with him. I sat down. He placed his arm across mine.
"Nyx?"
"Yes, Xander?"
"Nyx, I think.... I think I love you."