I Remember

Chapter 13

Bam spent the rest of the night trying to comfort me, without much success. I could not stop thinking about the dream and every time I thought about it I ended up crying even harder. I knew that I didn’t want to sleep anymore, at least for the night.

“Bam, could we maybe go do something?” I asked as I pulled myself out of his embrace.

“Sure, what do you want to do?”

I looked at the clock and noticed it was only 10:30pm. I thought for a moment before answering.

“I really need a drink,” I said as he looked at me funny.

“Well we have Pepsi and stuff downstairs,” he replied, not really getting what I had meant. Man, maybe he really was getting old.

“No, I need a “Drink”,” I said, actually using my hands to make quotations as I said drink.

“Ohh, a drink, wanna go to Duffer’s?”

“Yeah lets go to Duffer’s and drink till we can’t remember each others names.”

“Don’t you mean remember our own names?” he asked, being truly confused.

“No, but either way lets go have fun,” I said as we got ready to go out.

~At Duffer’s~

I was on I think my 7th shot and 5th beer . . . or was it 5th shot and 7th beer? Well what ever it was I was feeling great! I was slowly forgetting about my dream and having fun, something I hadn’t really done in a long time. Sure I went out with the boys, but I never truly had fun. The conversation had turned to jokes; I had told a few of my best, now it was Bam’s turn.

“Okay, okay, this is a good one,” he said before clearing his throat.

“Okay, A man walks into a bar,” he paused, giggling.

“And he says Ow!” Bam finished.

I looked at him for a moment before busting out laughing. We must have looked like complete idiots, but I didn’t care. We laughed for the longest time, only because every time I felt like I was done laughing, Bam would start again, in turn making me start again. Once we finally finished our giggle fest, I couldn’t help but smile at Bam.

“What?” he asked, noticing me looking at him.

“Thank you.”

“For what?”

“For being my savior all these years. If it weren’t for you I know I would never have made it through the first year,” I said finally being serious.

“No problem, I will always be here for you,” he said pulling me into a hug.

The rest of the night we didn’t talk about it again and kept on drinking. Once we made it home, I walked as far as the couch before I flopped down and passed out.

I walked down the familiar path, finding Ville waiting for me. He embraced me as I took my spot on his lap.

“Have a fun night darling?”

“Well, I know I will be regretting it when I woke up,” I said placing my head in the crook of his neck, kissing his flesh lightly.

“The kids coming home soon?” he asked right out of the blue.

“Yeah I think they will be home later this week.”

“Something isn’t right,” he said looking into my eyes.

“What do you mean something isn’t right?” I asked getting concerned.

“Something is going to happen, something bad,” he said lowering his gaze to the ground.

“Ville what are you talking about? If you know something please tell me!” I wanted to scream at him, to make him tell me, but he only looked to me again and whispered,

“Death is in love with us!”

I awoke in a cold sweat and with a headache so horrible I thought I would die. What had Ville meant by something bad was going to happen? I knew I had to calm my nerves, so I called up Linde to make sure all was well.

“Hei?”

“Hey Lin, its Angel, just wanted to check on the kids,” I said as I tried to stay calm.

“They are fine; I just put them to bed.”

“Everything is okay, nothing out of the ordinary?”

“Nope kids are great, but they miss you and Bam a lot. They can’t wit to get home,” Linde said sounding a little sad for them.

“When they getting back?”

“Well, they will be getting on a plane tomorrow so they should be there late tomorrow or early the day after.”

“Thanks Lily, give me a call to let me know when the flight gets in.”

“I will Angel, talk to you soon.”

“Bye.”

I got off the phone with Linde and I felt a lot better that I had just mere minutes ago. The kids were fine, they were coming home and everything would go back to normal. Well as normal as it could be.

I laid back down, hoping to fall into a dreamless sleep, but I didn’t fall asleep right away. I lay there for a while just thinking. Thinking about what Ville had said and if I should have gotten that worked up over it, I mean it’s just a dream . . . right?