I Remember

Chapter 14

The next day I was a nervous wreck; I paced the house numerous times and was about ready to cry. I just wanted my babies home and safe. I still had two hours before their plane was supposed to land. I had gotten a call from Linde soon after I woke up, he said the kids got on the plane okay and would be arriving around 8pm. I didn’t know what to do with my time. I hate waiting for my loved ones to come home. I hadn’t felt this much anxiety since I put Ville on the plane to LA 10 years ago.

The dream kept replaying over and over again in my head. What did he mean? Would my babies make it home okay? But I think the most haunting part of my dream was the last part before I awoke . . . “Death is in love with us” . . . that haunted me. Could that really be true? Could we all be destined to die early? I shook my head, I was thinking way to deep into it. I had to sit down and relax.

I sat on the couch and put my head into my hands. I took a slow breath, then another, feeling the tension in my body ease. I heard footsteps coming down the stairs.

“Angel, you okay?” Bam asked as he sat down on the couch.

“Just trying to relax, I’m working myself up about the kids coming home.”

“Everything will be fine, don’t worry so much. They made it there they will make it back,” Bam stated with his ‘I know all’ grin. I smiled back and nodded.
“We are going to have to leave in about half an hour for the airport. Watch some TV and relax till then.”

“Thanks Bam, I will.”

I grabbed the controller and started to surf. Nothing seemed to be on, a few cartoons, some crappy Josh Hartnett movie, and the news. I opted for the news. As I sat watching a strange feeling came over me. I couldn’t place what it was until I heard the breaking news . . . . a plane crash. My heart sank and I started to pray to whoever was listening that it wasn’t the plane my children were on.

“Breaking news, a plane has crashed near Philadelphia. Flight 1369 from Finland has crashed due to fuel problems. We are getting reports that there are many people injured and many dead. We will keep you updated as we get more information.”

“Bam!!!!” I screamed at the top of my lungs.

“Angel, what is it?” He asked as he came running in from the kitchen.

“TV . . . plane crash . . . injured . . . dead,” was all I could get out.

“I’ll call the airline,” Bam said as he ran to the phone.

I sat on the couch staring at the TV in disbelief. How could this happen to me again? Was god punishing me for something? If so what? The life that took me ten years to build after Ville’s death was slowly crumbling at my feet. Everything was crumbling.

I was taken from my thoughts by someone shaking me. I looked up and saw Bam. Tears started to pour down my face. I didn’t know if I wanted to ask the question.

“Are they dead?”

“They are both at UPMC in Philly, we need to leave now!” Bam stated as he pulled me off the floor and ushered me to the car.

The Drive to Philly was a blur, I barely remember leaving the house or how long it took us to get there, but the next thing I knew Bam was pulling me out of the car and dragging me into the emergency room.

I didn’t say anything, Bam took care of everything. He found out that Eveliina was in surgery and that Brandon was in room 616 and we could see him soon. We walked to the room and I stopped outside the door.

“Bam I don’t know if I can go in there. I don’t know if I want to see.”

“Angel you have to, he is your son, and you need to be there for him. You go in, I’m going to go find out more info on Eveliina,” Bam said as he pushed me through the door.

I stood in the doorway and stared at my boy, my baby boy. He had so many tubes and wires hooked up to him. He was pale, almost white and he had so many cuts and bruises on him. Tear poured out of my eyes as I stood there knowing that he was suffering and in pain. I grabbed the chair from the corner of the room and sat it next to the bed. I did the only thing I could think to do; I grabbed his hand and prayed. Prayed that he would be okay, prayed that Eveliina would survive, and prayed not to have my babies taken from me. I just sat and prayed. I laid my head on the bed, Brandon’s hand still in mine and drifted off to sleep.

I walked the path again, for the umpteenth time, seeing Ville at the end of the path, arms open, waiting for me. I walked up to him, tears in my eyes. He embraced me and whispered soothing words into my ear.

“Shh, kulta, it’s alright,” He said stroking my hair. I looked up at him; he wiped the tears from my face.

“Ville, Brandon and Eveliina are in the hospital, I don’t know what to do. They may die,” I said as I started to sob again.

“I know sweetheart, I know,” He said as I saw someone appear behind him.

I looked over his shoulder and saw Eveliina standing there holding her doll, looking around confused. She looked up and saw me, a smile appearing on her face.

“Mommy?” she asked walking closer to me.

Ville turned around with me still in his lap. He looked at Eveliina and I saw something in his eyes . . . love. He had never gotten to meet Eveliina and now, in the afterlife, he could spend all the time he wanted with her.

“Eveliina, its okay kulta,” Ville said as he started to stand up, me still in his arms. He placed me on my feet and walked over to her.

“Do you know who I am Eveliina?” He asked a smile present on his face.

“Yes,” she stated. “You’re my daddy!”

“That’s right sweetheart,” Ville said, his voice cracking. I looked at him and saw tears on his cheeks.

I watched as Eveliina ran into his open arms and they cried together. My baby finally got to see her daddy. They were going to be together. She wasn’t going to be with me anymore, but she would be taken care of . . . by her father. Ville let go of Eveliina and walked over to me. Pulling me into a hug, tears still shimmering in his eyes.

“She is beautiful Angel, just beautiful.”

“She’s your daughter she had to be beautiful,” I said holding him a little tighter.

“Ville, where is this place that we keep meeting?”

“It’s Dead Lover’s Lane.”

I awoke and found I was still holding Brandon’s hand. I sat there taking in what had just happened. I heard the door open and I looked up to see Bam standing there and I knew that Eveliina was gone and that she really was with her daddy.