I Remember

Chapter 16

When I arrived home I went straight up to my bedroom and pulled the photo album out of the closet, cradling it to my chest. I stopped at the bathroom and grabbed a bottle of painkillers that we had from Bam’s last stupid stunt and went down stairs and took a seat on the couch. I placed the pills on the table next to the couch and set the photo album in my lap, running my fingers over the front picture. I slowly opened it and looked at the smiling faces.

The house was quiet, as I sat staring at a photo album of Ville and me, looking at each picture I let the memories of our time together wash over me.

The man opened the door and motions for me to enter the room. I looked around the room before I entered, noticing Mige, Linde, Burton, Gas, and Ville sitting around the room. I also noticed 2 other people that I didn’t recognize. I slowly stepped into the room, as I did Ville jumped up and reached for my hand and bent down to kiss it.

“I’m Ville, who might you be love?”

“I know who you are Mr. Valo, I'm Angelus but my friends call me Angel.”

“A Beautiful Angel, and please call me Ville” he said kissing my hand again.

Turning the page, I looked at the pictures, more memories flowing.

“I had a wonderful time tonight; may I have your number? I would love to see you again.” He said pulling his cell phone out of his pocket. I took his cell phone and added my number under the name Beautiful Angel. I handed the phone back to Ville, he looked at it and laughed.

“Well that is right you are a Beautiful Angel” he said as he leaned in and kissed my lips. His soft cold lip touched mine and sent a chill down my spine. He broke the kiss and looked at me. I couldn’t help but stare into his sparkling green eyes, I was mesmerized by them.

“Goodnight love”

“Goodnight Ville.” I said getting into my car.

Tears threatened to fall as I continued to watch my life with Ville be told by the pictures.

I reached the door and found an envelope taped to the door with my name on it. I opened the envelope and found a note.

“Follow the roses.”

I knew that this had something to do with Ville. I opened the door and realized what the note had meant. There was a trail of black and purple long stem roses leading up the stairs, candles lighting the way. I followed the trail of roses and found it lead to my room. I opened the door and found the room full of candles, black and purple rose petals were spread across the bed, and there was a dress on the bed with an envelope on it. I went to the bed and grabbed the envelope reading the note it held.

“Wear Me.”

I looked at the dress it was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. It was a black spaghetti strap dress with purple/pink mesh covering the dress. I quickly changed into it, walking over to the mirror in the corner of the room, the dress fit me perfectly. I looked beautiful. I quickly did my make up to match the dress. I went to leave the room and found another envelope, this one taped to the back of the door.

“Meet Me at the Pool.”

I obeyed the note and headed to the pool, I opened the doors that lead to the backyard and stood there shocked. It was the most beautiful site I had ever seen. There was a small table for two set up at the back of the pool, candles outlined the pool, black and purple rose petals were spread across the water. I looked around hoping to see Ville. When I was about to walk over to the table I felt a set of arms wrap themselves around my waist.

“You look absolutely beautiful.” Ville whispered in my ear, his hot breath flowing over your neck. I turned around slowly and looked at Ville. He was dressed in a pair of black slacks and a blood red button down shirt, he looked absolutely gorgeous. He held out his hand which I took gladly. He led me over to the table and pulled out my chair. Once I was seated he disappeared for a minute and came back with two plates of food and a bottle of wine. He placed one plate in front of me. He opened the wine bottle and poured us both a glass. He sat down and raised his glass.

“To Love”

“To Love” I said raising my glass and then taking a sip of the wine.

“Ville this is so beautiful; how did you pull this off?”

“I never revile my secrets.” He said with a sexy grin. We ate our dinner and talked about everything under the sun. After dinner Ville took the plates and disappeared into the house. When he returned he set a small box in front of me.

“What is this?” I asked holding the box.

“Just a small gift for my Angel.” Ville said looking like he was going to burst if I didn’t open it soon. I slowly opened that box, only to gasp at what It held. There in the box was a diamond heartagram necklace, I pulled it out and looked at it.

“Oh My God Ville it’s beautiful.”

“Look at the back.”

I turned the necklace over and there on the back was engraved “Ville’s Angel”

I looked at him with tears in my eyes as he placed his hand on either side of my face.

“You are my Angel.” Ville said as he kissed my lips.

The memory faded and I found myself playing with the necklace, which had never left my neck since that night. I turned it over and read the inscription again and again. Tears fell silently out of my eyes. I looked down at the photo album and turned to the next page.

We arrived at the venue, Bam lead all of us to a backroom. I entered the room as I did Ville jumped up out of his seat and ran to me. He grabbed me and picked me up spinning me around.

“Ville you might not want to do that.” Bam said looking at me.

“Aye?” Ville asked, placing my feet back on the floor.

“Ville, Love, I have something to tell you.” I said as I motioned for him to take a seat on the couch. Once he was seated I knelt on the floor in front of him, looking into his eyes, which were clouded in confusion.

“Ville . . . I’m . . . . I’m . . . I. . . “ I couldn’t say it, it just wouldn’t come out of my mouth. I looked over to Bam, my eyes asking for help. He knew it was up to him.

“Ville . . . . You’re going to be a fucking dad!!” Bam yelled, Ville looked down at me, and I nodded.

“I’m pregnant.” I said with a half-smile, waiting for his reaction. The room was quiet for a moment as Ville looked at Bam. The rest of the band staring at me in silent. Ville looked at me once more before standing up and walking to the middle of the room. All eyes turned to him; suddenly he started to jump up and down screaming at the top of his lungs.

“IM GOING TO BE A DAD!!”

Bam joined Ville; they began to jump around in a circle holding hands. They looked like two 5 year old girls playing ring around the rosy. Everyone in the room was rolling on the floor laughing. After his little play time with Bam he walked over to me and picked me, before taking a seat on the couch, me in his lap. He kissed me passionately as he pulled away and he smiled.

“This is the best thing. I’m so happy my love.” he said pulling me into a warm tight embrace.

I looked over the picture from that night, looking at our happy faces. I smiled remember how great it felt to listen as he told his fans he wanted me to be his wife. I looked down at the ring on my finger; I could almost feel the warmth of his hand as he placed it on my finger. I thought of our wedding and the birth of our first child, my little boy. The memories filled me as the tears continued to fall. The last page of the album held one photo. The last picture of Ville, I remembered that day as if I had happened yesterday.

I stood next to Ville; his plane had started to board. We made our way towards the gate, our hands entwined as Bam pushed Brandon in his stroller. Ville turned and released my hand, walking over to Bam and Brandon.

“Take care of them while I’m gone Bammi.” He said as he and Bam hugged.

“You know it man.”

Ville bent down and took Brandon’s hand in his, placing a kiss on Brandon’s forehead.

“You be good for mommy and Uncle Bam Bam, okay?”

“I will daddy, wub you.”

“I love you too.” Ville replied placing another kiss on his forehead.

He stood and returned to me taking my hand in his. We stared at each other for what seemed like forever, but was only a moment.

“I love you Ville.”

“I love you to my Angel.” He replied as he leaned down placing a heated kiss on my lips. We looked into each other’s eyes and he let go of my hand and headed for the gate. He turned one last time and waved before boarding the plane.

A sob escaped my lips at that memory, those final words we spoke to each other that day. The last image I had of Ville, waving and smiling as he boarded the plane. I closed the album and set it beside me on the couch. I picked up the bottle of pills and dumped them into my hand, staring at the white pile. I looked at the picture of Ville one more time before raising my hand to my mouth and swallowing the pills.

As I waited for the inevitable, I closed my eyes and pictured Ville, his smile, his emerald eyes shining with love. My last thought before the blackness enveloped me was “I love you Ville”