I Remember

Chapter 2

~Bam’s POV~

I sat in the kitchen waiting for the kids to get up. I knew Angel was going to sleep in and I had no problem getting the kids off to school. I had been doing it for the last 5 years. It was kind of like our routine. I sat drinking my coffee when I heard footsteps coming down the stairs. I knew Brandon would be up first, he was more like Ville than I ever imagined he would be. He entered the kitchen and sat down next to me.

“Mom up yet?” he asked as I got him some juice.

“No I don’t think she will be for a while. Yesterday was pretty hard for her.” I said taking my seat next to him.

“Bam can I ask you something?”

“Sure Bran ask me anything.”

“Did my dad love me?” I was so shocked by the question I didn’t know how Brandon could think that Ville didn’t love him.

“Of course he loved you. You should have seen him on the day he found out your mom was pregnant with you and the day you were born. Hold on a sec.” I said as I made my way to my room. I had a small photo album of me, Ville, and Angel. I brought it downstairs to show Brandon. When I arrived back downstairs Eveliina was sitting at the counter drinking her juice.

“Brandon take a look at this. There are some pictures of your mother when she was pregnant with you. Also there are some pictures after you were born.” I said as he took a seat next to me. I showed him some of the pictures on the night Angel told Ville he was going to be a daddy and some of the day he was born. Even a few before Ville left for LA. I looked over to Brandon, tears forming in his eyes. Eveliina came over and took the book from me. She sifted through the pictures and looked at me confused.

“Why aren’t there any pictures of me in here?” Ohh god was that the last question I wanted to answer, but Angel had told me that I was allowed to answer any questions the kids brought up.

“Well baby, your daddy died before you were born. But when mommy told him she was going to have you, he wanted nothing more than to come home and be with mommy and Brandon and you. But he couldn’t he had to stay and make music for his fans.” I had hoped to god that I was doing a good job explaining this.

“Bam did they ever finish the album?” Brandon asked whipping a tear from his cheek.

“Yeah they finished it but decided not to release it. I have the only copy of it ever made. I got it about a week after Ville died. He had sent me the only finished copy.” I said trying to fight back tears.

“But don’t tell your mother. She doesn’t know about it. It might upset her.” I said as I looked at Ville’s two beautiful children. They looked more like him than Angel.

“Okay guys, go get ready we will be leaving in 10 minutes.” I said as they rushed up the stairs to get ready.

I went to my room and threw on a pair of jeans and a t shirt. I went into my editing room and opened the safe. I pulled out metal case, opening it I looked at the note inside.

Bammi boy,
Thought you would like the first official copy of Dark Light. I hope you enjoy it like I know you will. I almost had to give my right nut to get it for you.

Ville xxxx

I closed the case and took it with me as I went outside to wait for the kids. I figured they were old enough to hear Ville’s music and as long as Angel wasn’t around and didn’t find out everything would be good. The kids came outside and piled into the Hummer. Before I drove off I looked at both of them.

“This is the CD your dad finished before he died. Don’t tell your mother . . . . Promise?” they both promised as I slid the CD into the CD player.

Vampire Heart came on and Ville’s voice filled the car. It had been a few years since I had heard it. I had stopped playing the CD for Angel. I had only ever listened to this CD once, not to soon after I got it. But I knew every word to every song.

As we pulled up to the school, I shut the stereo off and looked into their emerald green eyes.

“Thanks Bam. I needed that.” Brandon said as he got out of the car.

“Love you Uncle Bam” Eveliina said giving me a kiss and exiting the car.

I sat there for a few moments before I set off back to Castle Bam. Listening to Dark Light the whole way home.