I Remember

Chapter 6

~At Castle Bam~

Linde and Mige settled into there rooms, they spent some time giving the kids some gifts from them and Ville’s Parents and just talking to everyone. Finally it was time for the kids to go to bed. They put up a good fight but finally agreed and said their goodnights to Linde and Mige. After the kids went to bed we all decided to go drink in Pirate Bar. Talking was indeed in order. You all talked a bit about how much the kids had grown and how much they looked like Ville. Once Ville was brought into the conversation things started to get a bit heavy for you.

“So Angel, you been doing okay?” Linde asked and you knew what he had meant by it.

“Well things have been getting a little more difficult for me since the kids are getting bigger.” I said looking at my beer, finding it very interesting at that moment.

“She’s been pretty lonely and depressed as of late.” Bam added taking a swig of his beer. I gave him an evil look as Mige spoke.

“Why don’t you just move back to Finland? We know you love it there and so do the kids. Linde and I could take care of you.” Mige said taking your hand.

“I would but I can’t leave Ville here.” I said before I had even thought about it. Everyone turned to look at me. They had known what I meant by it but it still shocked them.

“Angel, why don’t you let us take the kids to Helsinki for a couple of months. They can stay with Anita and Kari. It will do you some good to have some time to yourself.” Linde said placing his arm around me.

“Yeah Angel. It sounds like a good plan to me.” Bam again added his two cents.

“Okay. But only if the kids want to go.” I added.

Everyone continued to drink for the better part of the night. Finally deciding to go to sleep as the sun was coming up. I had missed the nights of staying up all night drinking and talking. It was something Ville and I were very fond of, since we both had a hard time sleeping. As I made my way slowly up to my room. I decided to check on the kids, the alcohol made my motherly side come out very strong now a days. I peeked into Eveliina’s room and saw that she was peacefully sleeping with her doll in her arms. I pulled the cover up onto her a bit more and kissed her forehead before walking out of the room. I entered Brandon’s room and found him sleeping but holding onto something very tightly. As I pulled it out of his hands I noticed it was a picture of him and Ville. I smiled a bit noticing just how happy Ville was holding Brandon. I placed the picture on the nightstand and kissed Brandon on the forehead and exited the room.

I finally made it to my room and crashed on the bed, falling asleep instantly. That night I actually had a dream. It had been years since I had one, my last one was before Ville died.

~The Dream~

I walked down a small black gravel path as the sun set over Helsinki. The path I was following seemed so familiar but I could not place it. I walked down the path and came upon a bench. There sat Ville smoking a cigarette, smiling at me. He held out his arms for me. I ran to him, hugging him so tight I thought I would have killed him. He placed a light but tender kiss on my lips. I looked up into his eyes and smiled.

“Ville, my love. Ohh how I have missed you.” I said placing my head on his shoulder.

“I have missed you too sweetheart. How are the kids?”

“Growing so fast. They miss you a lot, especially Eveliina.” I said as I took in his scent.

“I miss them both dearly. But not as much as I miss my Angel.” He said placing another kiss on my lips.

“Darling I have a question for you.” he said smiling down on me.

“What is it baby?”

“Will you join me in death?”

~End Dream~

I woke up in a cold sweat, tears pouring out of my eyes. I looked around the room, realizing it was all a dream. But I dream I wanted to go back to. But that question would haunt me more than I ever thought.