Status: Updated every Tuesday and Thursday!

The Hummingbird

Prologue

There was a small town surrounded by fields of beautiful flowers always in bloom, painting the fields in brilliant colours that blended together in amazing synchronicity. It was a sight to behold, the beauty of the flowers and the village found nowhere else. It left tourists breathless, in awe of nature’s loveliness, and even the residents were captivated at times.

The town’s weather was always easy to predict, consistent throughout the day. If it was sunny in the morning, it would stay sunny for the day. If it was cloudy, the townspeople would get ready for the rain to start falling. Thunderstorms hardly ever came to the town, but when they did, it gave the town an ethereal feel, with dark clouds above and a charged atmosphere about the town.

Due to the town’s popularity, the locals were meticulous in its appearance, making sure that it was the best it could be to ensure that the tourists left the town with a smile on their face. Litter was an uncommon sight around the town, and crime was scarce thanks to the four-man police unit.

The community was neither big nor small, but the perfect size to allow tourists to appreciate the sheltered life the residents led whilst still being able to go out and enjoy the outlying villages and countryside. The residents were only a thirty minute walk from a freshwater lake, through fields of flowers, and a twenty minute drive to a larger town.

There was a thriving economic system within the town, which included a mechanic’s garage, a greengrocer, a day-care, two bakeries, a small school that catered to all ages, and other various stores and attractions.

Though there were a few inns and motels in this town, there was one notable inn that was always the most recommended by tourists and townspeople alike. The Hummingbird Inn, with glorious well-maintained gardens, vintage furniture, large rooms beautifully decorated and of course the mass amount of striking hummingbirds that could be seen flying around the gardens, made it the most popular Inn in town.

The most popular reason for tourists to come to this area was, of course, the native night-blooming flower Arctos Fiore. Every ten years, in honour of the flower that only bloomed in that town’s area, a Moonlight Festival was held during the midsummer period, showcasing the rare flower, along with other night-blooming flowers. The festival had dancing, good food, exquisite paintings, and traditional music. It was a festival that could never be forgotten if you decided to attend.

This town has many names; the Moonlight Town, the Flower Town, the Town of Colours, but its true name?

Silverlea.
♠ ♠ ♠
We decided to give you all a sneak peek of what's to come by doing a prologue!

We are very excited to officially launch the story tomorrow and we hope you are too!

If you have a character please be patient as we want to introduce them all without clustering them all together!

Thank you for reading~ -Jordy :D