Status: Updated every Tuesday and Thursday!

The Hummingbird

How It Works

Delilah puffed out her cheeks as she stood straighter, “They’re maid outfits! I had this idea about running a Maid Café, they’re really popular in the big city,”

“But this isn’t the big city,” Vivian replied, cocking an eyebrow and putting her hand on her hip. “This is Silverlea. You run a maid café in those outfits, and we’ll have weekly heart attacks.”

“No, this isn’t the big city but we have mass amounts of tourists from the big cities come to visit Silverlea.” Delilah said defensively, folding her arms across her chest.

“But isn’t it the point of the tourists to get away from the big city, experience something different?” Vivian countered.

“It’s all well and good for them to experience something different, but they also need something familiar as well, it’s comforting to see at least one thing that’s normal for them.” Delilah finished, making sure to show she wasn’t backing down.

Isabella and Harley looked at each other amusedly from where they were standing, next to their respective employers. Harley stepped up to the metaphorical argument plate.

“Boss lady has a point,” Harley said, smiling back at Vivian, “but Delilah’s idea of a maid café will bring in more customers and give us more revenue.”

Delilah let out a triumphant grin as she hugged Harley, “Two votes for the maid café,” she stated before turning to look at Isabella expectantly.

“Well, you already know my vote Delilah, I mean I love this outfit, it’s cute and I think it’s a really fun idea, customers will love it, even the elders.” Isabella replied.

“Three votes yes, one vote no. Maid café it is.” Delilah sung in a sing song voice.

Vivian sighed, crossing her arms and looking pointedly away from the group of girls. She mumbled under her breath.

Delilah grinned. “What was that lovely Vivian?”

“Fine,” Vivian grumbled, “but there’s no way you’re getting me in one.”

“Don’t worry! Waitresses only. Besides, no one would see you wearing the cute outfits,” Delilah teased.

Vivian blushed at that. “You make a good point. Not like anyone sees this,” she said, pointing a hand at herself.

Just as Delilah was about to reply, the door opened and Adam and Blake stepped in. Christian nowhere to be seen. Blake took one look at Delilah, his eyes staying on her for a moment or two longer, before he looked away in disinterest, muttering a low “I don’t want to know,” in reply.

Adam did. “What’s going on?” he asked, eyeing Delilah and Isabella in their… interesting outfits.

“Shouldn’t have asked,” Blake stage-whispered back.

“Maid Café!” Delilah exclaimed without explaining herself further.

Vivian sighed once more. “Delilah here wants to run the café with waitresses in those outfits.” Vivian put strong emphasis on the word ‘those.’

“She’s just being a prude, they aren’t even that bad!” Delilah shook her head as she noticed that Christian was missing. “Where’s Christian?” she asked, turning to Blake.

“He had to go to work, a customer was being difficult with an order or something,” Blake replied.

“Oh, old Mr Harris? What is it with him and the hardware store?” Vivian asked.

“Harris put an order through to have ten wooden chests made for him, to be done in four days.” Blake explained rolling his eyes.

“Four days?!” Delilah questioned and Blake nodded his head.

“Christian had to work overtime along with a few other co-workers. I ended up having to help Christian for a little while as well.” Blake stated, “Christian got a call this morning saying Harris wasn’t happy with the order because he needed two more chests made up and wanted them done today,” Blake finished explaining.

Delilah frowned, “That’s not Christian or his work’s responsibility though, plus that’s a big ask,”

Blake only nodded his head in response, “I know,” he stated.

Image


“I need you to get changed back into normal clothes,” Vivian remarked to Delilah, cutting any further conversation off. “I’m expecting the esteemed police officer Tristan Brooks here at any moment.” At the questioning look of the boys, she explained “We only need a run-through of our security and then we’re good to go. We can officially open the Hummingbird for guests, and start marketing.” Delilah nodded and left the room, dragging Isabella away with her.

Adam whistled. “Sounds good. Tristan will get it done quickly, she needs to keep caring for Estella.”

Vivian frowned, “What’s happened with Estella?”

“Oh, didn’t you hear?” Harley piped up, “Estella’s stopped running her market stall, and she’s quite sad about it. Mrs Brown gave too much competition for her to keep her prices at the normal level, and forced her to shut down.”

“Oh,” Vivian remarked sadly, “her market stall was great for cheap fruits to use in my baking.”

“Estella doesn’t know what to do with herself, now that she doesn’t have a stall to run. She’s already asked my grandmother about a position in her greengrocer’s,” Adam added on.

Vivian opened her mouth to say something, but never got the chance, stopped by her phone ringing. She answered with a bright “Hello, Vivian speaking!”

“Hello Vivian,” an authoritative voice replied, “It’s Officer Tristan here.”

“Hi Tristan, everything okay?”

Tristan sighed, “I’ve got a bit of a problem with the inspection.”

“Oh?” Vivian asked, her eyebrows drawing up as she looked at Adam in concern for Tristan. Adam mouthed an ‘I don’t know’ and shrugged his shoulders.

“I’ll be there in about five minutes, but I won’t be alone.” Tristan explained. “My mother’s coming also.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Woo we finally updated! xD
Thoughts on this update? :)

More new characters mentioned! Tristan Brooks and Estella belong to Dixon-Darling.

Thanks for reading, not sure when we'll be updating next haha.

If you want your character to be in this story then check out my blog here and leave a comment! Characters can be pre-made as well! :)

-Jordy