Status: Updated every Tuesday and Thursday!

The Hummingbird

Down to Business

As soon as Delilah saw David still waiting inside the house, she approached him and nodded her head as Vivian whistled following after Delilah through the large front doors. “It’s just as big as I remember, but it’s messy,” she pointed out, looking around the room.

“Where do I sign?” Delilah questioned, grinning as David smiled back.

“Excellent, follow me to the dining room and we’ll sort out the formalities,” he stated, motioning for the young women to follow him as he turned and walked down a hallway.

The small group passed the guest rooms on the way to the dining area and Delilah furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, “Why aren’t we going through the staff door at the reception?” she asked curiously, pointing back at where they had come from.

“Oh sorry, it’s cluttered with boxes making the door inaccessible, I did try to clear it myself but whatever’s inside those boxes are heavy,” David explained apologetically and Delilah nodded her head in understanding.

“I’m going to go get some help, so we can clean this place up,” Vivian said, pulling out her phone and throwing a glance to Delilah before walking out the front door.

‘She’s right, we’re going to need some muscle,’ Delilah thought as they entered the dining area. Both the kitchen and lounge were connected to the dining room, making it one large room suitable for a mass number of guests, and there was also a sunroom as well.

“Just sign here Delilah,” David spoke, bringing Delilah out of her thoughts as she looked down at the paperwork. Taking the pen from the agent, she flipped through the papers and read through what she was signing, ensuring she understood what she was signing as she scribbled her signature before straightening herself up and handing the papers back to the agent.

“I expect a copy of the deed and the contract within three working days Mr Crowley,” Delilah stated with a no nonsense attitude.

“Yes, of course Delilah,” David packed up his gear and with a final handshake Delilah watched him go.

“Now the real fun starts,” Delilah muttered, looking at the work they’d have to do.

Image

“Christian, get up!” Vivian uttered into her phone, a little aways from Delilah and the agent so as not to disturb them. “I need your muscles to help me with something.”

“Vivian?” Christian spoke hesitantly, “When did you get my number?”

“That’s not important lady-killer,” Vivian laughed, “what’s important is that I’m at the Hummingbird with the long-lost Delilah and I need strapping young men to move heavy things. Think you can get that sulky bastard to come and help too?”

“I, uh, yes, I should, maybe?” Christian stuttered, still slightly confused as to what was happening.

“Great!” Vivian exclaimed, “See you at the Hummingbird soon then!” She hung up, turning around to make her way back into the house.

Image

Delilah watched as Vivian came back in and passed David, exchanging pleasantries as they passed one another.

“It’s time to talk business Vi,” Delilah stated as she took a seat at the huge oak table.

“Alright,” Vivian replied, taking a seat opposite of Delilah, “what do we need to do to get this place up and running?”

“We’re going to need staff for a start,” Delilah tapped her chin, thoughtful, “there’s the café to think about as well, finances, food management, customer and guest queries as well as promoting this Inn and the town, that’s all I can think off from the top of my head.” Delilah informed her.

Vivian blinked. “That’s a lot,” she said calmly, “but I’m sure we can do it. My experience, your knowledge, we’ll get this done. What do you want to be in charge of?”

“Hmm, I’ll handle staff management and customer and guest queries, what about you?” Delilah asked, noting that when they finish talking she’d have to grab her laptop and make proper documents of what they’d discussed.

“I’d like to do food management, and promotion if that’s alright,” Vivian wondered, “but I think we should do the café together, and managing the finances. It’d be easier if we share some things, so that we don’t get overburdened with too much work.”

Before the girls could discuss anything further about business, there was a loud knock at the front door and they got up to greet their visitors.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is the start of introducing characters!

Christian belongs to Queen In The North
Sulky Bastard belongs to me; Jordy :D

We hope you like the update!

-Jordy