Status: In Progress

One Heart With Two Owners

Deal or no Deal?

*Syn’s P.O.V.*

My emotions were a bit mixed since Zacky told me that Matt asked me to come back. I really didn’t leave that place with a good feeling. I knew there would be problems sooner or later with my feelings for Zacky. Matt was pretty conservative when it came to same-gender relationships. We all had never made any experience in same-gender relationships or had friends that were homosexual. Of course it was pretty new for everyone but I think Johnny was probably the only one that could handle it quite better than the rest. I would be talking before that of course but I just hope that we all could live like real grown-ups.
We were old enough to handle that anyone else and we weren’t at high school anymore to judge anyone by his sexuality. By growing older we got wiser, at least a few amongst us I think.

I wasn’t really prepared for the talk right now nor was I looking forward to the make some music with him in the same room. I was pretty nervous instead, I barely was sleeping the night and couldn’t hold myself onto the feet. The only thing that was helping that Zacky was coming with me and won’t be leaving my side for a second. Someone backing me up was giving me a good feeling. What should go wrong anyway?! I used to live to the motto ‘What goes around, comes around’.

“Bri, if he is an asshole please don’t become one as well. We just turn around in a fucking circle that we can’t escape. Show him that you don’t step onto that level. Promise me that ok?” he turned to the living room where I was sitting on the couch.

“I try it, but I can’t promise you it” I pointed to the place next to me.

It wasn’t taking pretty long until Zacky was placing his well-formed bum close to me. The smell was really fascinating me. I had always wondered what brand he was using. It had that smell that was like cast of spell and he was able to do with you whatever he pleases you. Well he could that even without saying the magic words. Although I preferred to be the total top in sexual things but he might be an exception.
I liked that he was choosing his black shirt that was sitting a bit tighter on his body than his usual shirts he was wearing. Zacky had absolutely no reason to hide his body. I admired that he had a staying power to go regular to his gym session. I mean Matt was a kind of maniac when it came to sports but Zacky got addicted some years as well. Since the day we met his body really changed. Not that he was looking bad before but now it was kind of manly with me with all these muscles.
It was kind of reminding me when I saw a gym from the inside. It was probably 2 years ago when I had lost a bet against someone from the band. I used to do more for myself but I started to eat healthier and the rest of the time I spent on writing songs, playing on the guitar or just being lazy on the couch. Maybe it was good thing that he was by my side. Some motivation was never a mistake.

“Since Jimmy died he was taking the lead of the band and feels quite responsible. It’s no excuse for his behaviour lately but there is some burden on his shoulders. He feels the pressure from our manager and I heard them arguing after you left the band.”

“So do you think he doesn’t want me in the band and just says that because there is some problem with our management?”

The whole thing was sounding already weird when Zacky had told me and now after I heard about the argument with Daniel, our manager, it seemed like he has been told to get me back since I was some kind of magnet too. I might wasn’t surfing a lot on the internet but my friend Zacky did more than he actually should probably. Opinions are one things but he was taking a lot of stuff very personal that ended up with sleepless nights and depression. I felt really sorry and I tried with all my power to avoid more problems.

“No I don’t think so “he shook his head and put his arm around my shoulder “Matt is one of your best friends. He’s a dick sometimes but seriously we all can’t live with you, especially me. I think even Johnny is missing you teasing him. I’m sadly not that good as you, crazy prankster” he cracked a little smile.

I was thinking far too much and it was about time to go anyway. I patted his shoulder, kissed his cheek and then took my guitar case to make my way to Matt’s house.

The way to his house went really quiet. I mostly looked outside, watching people passing by and keep thinking about my conversation. I already expected everything to happen but I didn’t expect to see Daniel’s car on the drive. What was he doing here?! I suddenly smelled some kind of problems.

“You stay with me, won’t you?” I was asking Zacky nervous.

“You won’t get rid of me. I will stay with you, no matter if they ask me to leave or whatever they might do” he was taking my hand into his own and I felt his warmth flowing to my own body and giving me a good feeling.

I was taking one last deep breath before I stepped out of the car and followed Zacky to the door. He wasn’t even knocking when Matt was opening the door with his cheesy smile. He probably heard us coming or just waited for our arrival. I waved with my hand with a short ‘hi’ and then went to the living room where Daniel was already sitting.
His face was saying everything, always keeping the cold facial expression, hands placed on his thighs and not showing anyone what he’s really thinking. I didn’t like him since he joined our band 1 year ago. He was bringing trouble to our band and starting a new marketing strategy that was completely nonsense.

“I’m happy you are coming, Brian. I really wanted to say sorry about my stupidity on tour. I completely overreacted and I wanted to do say that from face to face.”

He stopped for a moment and looked behind where Valary and Michelle appeared with drinks in their hands. That was really needed. I still didn’t talk to my soon ex-wife that was expecting a child as she said. Well she kept it real by holding a non-alcoholic drink in her hand. She smiled from ear to ear when she saw me standing in the middle of the living room. I hope I wasn’t the only one that was feeling like I would be in the wrong movie right now.

“I come to the point” Daniel now opened his fucking mouth “It’s no secret anymore amongst the band that you both” he pointed at me and Zacky “are a so-called-couple. Everyone can have their own opinion about that. I better keep mine unsaid. It wouldn’t sound pretty good for a metal band now having a homosexual relationship. So that’s why I want you both to keep this as your dirty little secret. I would start promoting the pregnancy of your wife. I think people like to hear that, seeing a happy relationship and that all runs perfectly. That means you might be end up with Zack in bed but when you are on tour or having any kind of public appearance you are with Michelle. Is that clear?”

“What if I don’t agree?”

“You know how that business works, Brian. Do I really have to explain this to you?”