Status: In Progress

One Heart With Two Owners

Round 2

*Zacky's P.O.V.*

I still couldn’t believe that the day was finally over. As stressful as it had begun, it ended quite peaceful. This was a great advantage. Only Matt's mood could change fast again if something wasn’t as he had planned it. And actually I couldn’t even sleep. I was much too scratched that I could lie down now to the next day to get up at 7 am. However Syn seemed the complete opposite of me to be. He brought himself with all his last strength on the soft bed, let himself fall backward onto the bed and closed his eyes.

"I think you're getting old" I put my hands on my waist.

A faint murmur was all I got in response.

"What remains of the old Syn I once met? The one that turned night literally to the day and it was totally regardless of whether he had to get out early the next day."

Well I went also to bed, leaning my head on my left arm and looked down at him. I wasn’t particularly happy that this room had calculated double beds, but for one night it was tolerable.

"I 'm tired, so please let me sleep" he mumbled and hid his head under the pillow.

I let out a loud sigh, turned on my back and crossed my arms on my chest. The evening was gone and while my best friend started to snore here soon I would still stare at the plug.

"I still have a question" he opened his eyes again and surprisingly looked at me blinking .

"And what's that?” I turned my head to the other side.

"What has been happening between you and Matt after the rehearsal? This afternoon he wanted to kill you and after the show you make a joke after the other. Either I 'm really too old to keep up to it or something happened of which I don’t know of."

"Nothing. Before the show I talked with Johnny, with whom I had spoken about the incident. Matt was as always alone. Then the show began, I did my best and was just as surprised as you why the anger was suddenly gone."

He just nodded and turned his gaze back to the ceiling. For me it was less of important what happened and why. It's just happened and then is all good.

"Can I ask you now something as well?"

I took the opportunity to start a conversation. He was apparently awake again and I wanted to take advantage of it before I would have been forgotten it by tomorrow.

"Okay, but just one" he showed me the right index finger grinning.

"Can you explain now to me why you really had spanked my bum? A new scam or what do you want to achieve with it?"

Syn started to stutter and focused his gaze quickly to something else. It seemed to me something like he was really uncomfortable that I was asking that question again.

"Haven’t I already answered this to you" he cleared his throat and praised me no look.

"I had seen it more as joke, but I'm really curious about your real intention. What was driving you to that action?"

But the question was left unanswered. He went into the bathroom, closed the door behind himself and it seemed that the conversation was over now. Why was my best friend so embarrassed when I asked him something so simple? Since there was no point now to wait for him, I took off my pants and shirt, crawled under the covers and dimmed the light, in case he would come out from his hiding place. Even though I wasn’t tired still, I closed my eyes to get some rest.
I heard him quietly coming out of the bathroom, but he decided the other way and closed the door behind him. Just minutes ago he was tired as hell, wanted to sleep unconditionally and now he went back to the bar to have another drink?! I quickly got up again, put my shirt and pants on again and ran outside. Syn had sat down on the ground, his hands folded over his head and gazing down.

"Is everything ok" I asked still half standing in the room.

The question was probably a little out of place. If someone runs outside and sitting on the floor you could almost get the idea that something was wrong with your friend.

"What else do you expect?" he smiled wearily at me.

"Well first you disappear and then go outside, although you should be in bed."

I closed the door quietly and sat down without further comment, just next to him.

"Is it because of my question?"

"A little" he whispered, barely audible.

"What's wrong with that? If it helps you, I am honored to be spanked by such famous guitarist. Very much so."

I tried to cheer him up a bit, used all my charm. Even if I only got a small smile in response, it seemed that it had not the effect as I expected.

"You would not understand me anyway, when I tell you that."

"You can never know if you don’t try."

Somehow he made me curious. What could have been so bad to hide that he wasn’t able to tell me about it?

"With the request that you won’t laugh at me or that anything changes between us, ok?"

Now he made me rather nervous. What stuck behind all the harmless story? Somehow it seemed to me more and more that Syn was a riddle.

“Can we go inside? The walls sometimes have ears" he winked at me and then stood up.

I got up as well, and went back into the room without any further questions.

"The thing is, it's hard to explain, but I try it anyway" he stammered in a tour "Of all the guys in the band or crew you always have been my best friend and the relationship between us was something unique for me. It all started strangely that day when we were sleeping on Matt’s couch, I think I don’t have to repeat that story."

I just nodded and listened intently to his words.

"It's not like I have feelings for you but it is also different to the feelings that I have for Matt or Johnny. It is really hard to explain and I just wanted to test myself if these were feelings that are beyond the feelings that have friends for each other, so that’s why I have spanked you."

I was still confused. It's not that I was surprised by the words, probably more that Brian had its problems to tell me about this. Actually, it was completely harmless, at least to me.

"That's all?" I asked, just to make sure if he really wanted to say anything more.

Brian nodded and tried to look at me straight in the eye this time.

"And what came out? I mean by testing yourself, as you have said" I looked at him curiously.

"Nothing" he replied insecure and it seemed he was a little bit confused about my question.

"Well, if you haven’t found out nothing so far, then I start the second test now."

I stood up, walked right up to him and put my hands onto his neck. Before he could do anything I pressed my lips to his own.