Status: Still alive unless I'm dead

Say You'll Never Change

Tides will bring me back to you

OLI'S POV:

This morning when I woke up Tom was still lying in bed next to me, looking at his phone. I turned my body towards him, looking at his phone and seeing that he was texting mom.
"Good morning" he mumbled when he noticed that I was awake.
"morning" I mumbled back, feeling totally drained and exuasted for some reason.
"How are you feeling?" he asked as he put his phone away and looked at me.
"I'm fine, just tired" I said and he just nodded.

After eating breakfast and brushing our teeth we ended up sitting on the couch and watching movie. To be honest I had no idea what we were even watching since I was distracted by Josh who I was texting. I'm glad things were okay between us after I had ignored him for as long as I did. I'm not sure why I did it though, he hadn't done anything wrong and didn't deserve me shutting him out for no reason.
Something that he wrote made me smile slightly and I could see Tom in the corner of my eye turning his head and curiously looking at me but he didn't say anything.
The rest of the movie things carried on like that and I hadn't even noticed that the movie was over until Tom had turned the TV off and asked me if I was texting Josh. Obviously, who else would I text? I didn't say that though 'cause that would be rude. I just nodded and smiled at him. My phone then buzzed again and I felt kind of rude just sitting and texting while Tom was over but decided to check the text anyway.

"I have a day off from work today and have nothing planned, do you want to come over? (Not putting any pressure or anything it's totally up to you)"

My face dropped a little but I hoped it wasn't too visible.
I couldn't meet him... right? I would just end up saying or doing something stupid and he would hate me and never talk to me again and I didn't want that. I couldn't let that happen. I couldn't meet him.
"What's wrong?" Tom asked. So he had noticed.
"um.. he's asking if I want to come over" I said nervously, getting slightly panicked.
What if he got mad if I said no?
"You should" Tom said "He seems like a nice guy"
He did. But nice guys got mad too. Nice guys shouldn't hang out with somebody like me.
"But what if I mess up? What if I'm beeing awkward? What if I say something wrong?"
"Oli, that's not going to happen" Tom sighed.
I felt so annoying. I was never fucking happy with myself and always put myself down it must be exuasting for him to be my brother.
"You can go back to your appartment at any time, it's just two stairs down" He said "there's nothing to worry about"

After about 20 minutes of Tom trying to get me to meet Josh I finally agreed and texted Josh and he texted back which door it was. 10 minutes later I was hugging Tom goodbye outside of my door and he told me to call me later.
As I was walking up the stairs to the fifth floor I honestly was nervous as fuck. So many things could go wrong. There was so many things I could do wrong.
Ok fourth floor.
I can do this.
For a minute I thought about turning around and running back to my appartment but something in me pushed me forward and not so soon after I was on the fifth floor, staring at Josh Franceschis door.
I carefully knocked on the foor, the knock sounding weaker than it was meant to. I stood there and fiddled with the sleeves of my hoodie nervously until I heard footsteps inside and a dog barking.
Oh right he had a dog.
I hope it wasn't a big one.
The handle of the door turned and Josh opened it with a smile on his face.
"I'm glad you could make it" He said and I just smiled politely at him as he let me into his apartment. I took my shoes off (A/N: NOT SURE IF PEOPLE WEAR SHOES INSIDE OR NOT IN THE UK BUT WE DON'T IN SWEDEN SO UH YEAH) and the second after I was taken by surprise when his dog (which was smaller than I thought it would be) came out of nowhere and started jumping up and down by my leg and barking loudly. I was taken back and as a natural reaction I took a step back
"Oskar calm down!" Josh said and smiled in an apology to me.
I carefully went down on one knee and started to pet his head which he appariently seemed to like. He wiggled his tail violently and then came up to my face and started licking it, almost causing me to fall backwards.
"Oskar!" Josh said again as he tried to get him off of me since the dog now had climbed up in my lap.
"Oh god" I giggled and squeezed my eyes shut as Oskars tongue was literally everywhere on my face.
"Well, at least he likes you" Josh said and laughed as I stood up and wiped my face with my sleeve.

We ended up sitting in his room and going through his CD collection. Most of it was actually really good but there were lots of it that I didn't recognize.
As we were sitting on his bed with a couple of CD:s in front of us I didn't even feel homesick. It felt nice being here with him. It felt natural and I was no longer scared of him rejecting me.
He took one of the CD:s that we both liked and put it on before laying down on the bed and dragging me with him. I laid down next to him and looked up at the ceiling as I heard the familiar tunes float through the room. Oskar decided to join and laid down on Josh's stomach.
As I was looking at Oskar I noticed that Josh was looking at me. I quickly looked up at him, our eyes meeting, before I quickly looked up at the ceiling again. Being shy and all.
"I'm really glad you're here" he said and I could almost hear the smile he had on his face by the way his voice was sounding.
"Me too" I said honestly. I really was.

I went back to my appartment that day as the sun had gone down and we both agreed on me coming over tomorrow again.
When I was back in my empty apartment again I texted Tom and told him everything and he said that he was happy for me.