Status: New!

Love Never Felt So Good

34

“Bailey, hold still.” The makeup artist scolded her as she fidgeted in her seat, moving around every fifteen seconds or so.

“Sorry!” She peeped, causing Missy and Taylor to laugh from the seats that flanked her. Today was the day, today she was going to become Mrs. Sidney Crosby. The Penguins had made it to the Stanley Cup Final, but were defeated in game five by the Colorado Avalanche. Soon thereafter, Sidney, Bailey and their pups flew to Nova Scotia, meeting up with family and their friends who shortly followed suit.

“Here, babes, got this for you.” Vero arrived with two carriers of Starbucks, handing Bailey a passion tea lemonade. Bailey quickly sucked it down, two different women working on her makeup and hair while Missy and Taylor received the same treatment. They had been pampered all morning by her husband to be.

“You’re the best.” Bailey sighed, “have I told you that you’re the best personal attendant ever?” She asked.

“Only like 100 times,” Vero laughed, “I’m just happy this dress still fits.” Vero said, twirling in her navy dress, which looked adorable over her severely pregnant belly.

“You look darling.” Bailey insisted, foot bouncing in her chair.

“My love, you need to stop fidgeting.” Vero grinned, “are you worried he’s going to bolt?” She asked.

“No.” Bailey blushed, “I’m not nervous, I’m excited.” She grinned, “I can’t wait to get married.” The bride and her two bridesmaids were getting ready at Sidney and Bailey’s home on the lake. Beau Bennett was responsible for coming to pick them up and bring them to the venue that day, where Estelle was prepped as a darling little flower girl and Kody Dupuis was getting into his little tuxedo to become ring bearer.

“I’m done,” the make up artist declared with a happy smile. Stepping back, Bailey admired her perfect handiwork while the hair stylist finished up her final touches on the soft, tumbling curls.

“What time is it?” Bailey asked, taking another long drink of her tea.

“It’s almost one.” Taylor smiled excitedly. It was no secret that she was excited to gain a sister, but also so excited for her brother.

“Time to pack up and head over soon!” Vero said excitedly. Bailey looked over to see Missy texting furiously on her iPhone.

“James?” She asked, to which Missy nodded. “What are you talking about? Is it Sid?” She asked.

“Babe, no, everything is fine.” She grinned, “Sid is doing good.” She added. “He’s excited.” She laughed. Bailey willed herself to keep from sweating, not wanting to wreck her gorgeous hair or makeup before she even got in her dress.

“Bails, what’s the status?” Her mother poked her head in the door.

“I’m going to put on my dress and then we can go.” She nodded, taking another ong drink of her tea. Taylor watched as her soon to be sister-in-law began to shake a little as she hoisted herself out of her chair. All three dresses were hanging from custom hangers from an open armoire; short, black chiffon dresses for the bridesmaids and Bailey’s long, stunning Dianne von Furstenberg gown.

There was a photographer with both sides of the wedding party, taking photos of the process, who snapped, tasteful, artistic photos of Bailey as her friend and soon to be sister-in-law helped her into her wedding dress.

“Oh, Bails.” Missy got teary-eyed as she watched Taylor button up the back of her dress. “You look beautiful.”

“Don’t start crying.” She smiled with watery eyes. “If you start crying, I’m going to start crying and I’m going to lose it.” She insisted.

“No one start crying!” The makeup artist joked. Bailey looked stunning in her gown, exactly the bride she had always hoped to be. The other stylist arranged her veil into her hair while Missy and Taylor’s dresses were changed into and arranged just so.

“To the car!” Vero said, “before we all start crying and I go into labor.” She grinned, making them all laugh. With an extra set of hands, Bailey was sitting in the back seat of the Range Rover, Beau at the wheel and singing loudly in his suit. Bailey was still shakey, nearly vibrating with nerves as her stomach flopped.

“Are you okay?” Missy asked, looking at her friend who had a slightly grey tint to her cheeks. Bailey nodded. What she needed was to see Sidney. When they arrived at the venue, she was the first out of the car, parked out back, she needed to get a big breath of air.

“Tea.” Vero held up to the drink. The bride took a long sip.

“Thanks.” She smiled thankfully. “Does someone have my phone?” She asked. Missy procured it from her tote slung over her shoulder, handing it over to the bride. She dialed up Sidney’s number, one of the few she knew by heart and not just from the phonebook.

“Bails?” She instantly relaxed hearing his voice. “Are you here?” He asked.

“I’m here.” She replied, “Can I see you?” Vero instantly protested in French.

“Of course.” He replied, “where can we meet?” He asked.

“There’s a big tree on the side of the building with a tree swing, do you see it?” She asked, looking across the back of the venue out of sight from where the guests were taking their seats.

“Yeah baby, I see it.” He replied.

“Meet me there?” She asked.

“Anything for you.” She smiled before hanging up.

“It’s bad luck! C'est une mauvaise idée! C'est la malchance! Est-ce ce que vous voulez sur votre jour de mariage? Pas de chance?” Vero rocketed off as Missy grabbed the cell phone again, tucking it back down into her purse.

“I will distract her.” Taylor said, placing a hand on Bailey’s shoulder, giving her a smile.

“You’re the best sister ever.” She grinned, hugging Taylor tightly. She spotted Sidney before he spotted her. He looked so handsome. He turned, searching for his fiancé. He smiled when he finally found her.

She held up the train of her dress as she walked over to him.

“Hi handsome.” She said, reaching him finally.

“You are so beautiful.” He replied, cupping her head with his hand, being careful with her hair as he was sure he heard Vero’s protest from forty feet away. “You okay, Sherriff?” He asked.

“I just missed you.” She said, feeling silly. “I’m sorry if we end up getting divorced because I wanted to see you before the altar.” She smiled softly.

“Eh, you’re worth it.” He teased. He reached into his pocket and pulled out his cell to see that Marc was calling. “They’re probably looking for me.”

“Kiss me.” She demanded quietly. He was happy to comply, pressing his lips to hers gingerly, careful not to muss her red lips.

“See you down there?” He asked.

“Let’s do this.”

- - -

“You know, I still don’t trust him.” Chris Bradford said as he swayed back and forth with his daughter, one of their favorite John Mayer songs playing as the rest of the party watched them on the dance floor.

“Daddy!” She laughed, “then why did you give him permission to marry me?” She asked, grinning.

“Because I didn’t think you’d say yes.” He replied, making her roll her eyes as he smiled to himself. Soon thereafter, Sidney joined his mother on the dance floor as they shared the spotlight.

“He seems okay.” Chris relented. “Too pale and doesn’t know nearly enough about basketball, but he’ll do.” He finished.

“Thanks Daddy.” She laughed, resting her head on his shoulder. “Should have said something sooner, Bradford.” She winked, making him groan.

“Dear lord, you’re a Crosby now.” He sighed. “Try not to bring it up too often.” He teased finally. A few minutes later, she was in the arms of a tall, strong hockey player.

“You know, it’s not too late for me.” Beau insisted as he twirled her around the dance floor. “I almost objected.” He added.

“You did not.” She laughed.

“Well I thought about it! It’s like the same thing!” He replied, making her burst into giggles, a great shot for the photographer. “Crosby is cool, though. You guys are good together.” He grinned. “Congrats, Bails.”

“Thanks Beau.” She smiled, something she hadn’t stopped doing since she had met her man at the altar and officially became Mrs. Crosby. In a short time, she was finally with her now husband as they hovered over the hors d’ourves, nibbling on a plate of meatballs. Neither of them got to eat much of their dinner as guests were constantly tapping their silverware against the glasses, urging the newlyweds to kiss.

Thankfully after an hour of dancing, the snacks had come out – an array of all of Sidney and Bailey’s favorite foods, including a platter of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches as per Sidney’s request.

“I’m starving.” She said, popping three meatballs into her mouth comically and looking around to see if anyone was watching before chewing quickly. “After this, can we stop at Chick Fil A and get some sandwiches?” She asked.

“Yes, we can, Mrs. Crosby.” He grinned, wiping at her bottom lip where there was just a hint of barbecue sauce.

“Sorry, this is not a very sexy new wife move.” She laughed, eating a piece of bread to attempt to neutralize her breath.

“Trust me, this is great.” He laughed. “Only three more hours until we can bust loose and head home for the night. Our bags are already packed.” He grinned, wiggling his eyebrows.

“Already packed? I haven’t been home in two days, who packed our bags?” She asked.

“Vero and Missy packed yours, I packed mine.” He shrugged.

“So this is marriage, huh? Secrets? Lies?” She asked, trying to look inquisitive, making him laugh his loud, awkward giggle.

“I’m pretty sure it means more meatballs and fun trips with your best friend.” He countered.

“Aww, Crosby, you always have to make things so cute.” She rolled her eyes with a wide smile across her face.

“Point taken, Crosby.” He countered, making her smile even wider. She slid her arms around his sides, clasping behind him before pressing her lips to his softly a few times. He extended, pecking her lips softly. “You look so beautiful.” He whispered.

“You’re the pretty one.” She used her thumb to wipe at a little smear of her lipstick on his mouth. “You’re actually very pretty, good thing I locked you up.” She smiled, “You’re definitely out of my league.”

“Look at our presents.” Sidney said, trying to be discreet as he nodded his head back behind him at the gift table. If there was one thing Sidney Crosby really loved, it was opening presents, and their wedding gifts were no exception.

“What do you think that big one on the floor is?” She asked, peering over his shoulder.

“I don’t know, it’s from Beau and Bortz.” He replied, “I watched them carry it in.” He added.

“We can’t open it till we get home from our honeymoon.” He said in that same voice she recognized when he was practicing self-restraint.

“Then it will make it even more fun.” She replied.

“Time to toss that bouquet!” Missy called, she had been loving the night, her last wedding to enjoy before her own, she had been dancing nonstop since dinner ended.

“See ya soon, kid.” She kissed him once more before turning and running off to meet her friends. Bailey stood on the stage shared by the live band, turning her back to the audience of women before tossing her bouquet. Facing the crowd, she searched for the rose bouquet, wondering who it belonged to now.

“No!” Sidney announced, shaking his head, causing the guests to laugh. Bailey finally found the gorgeous bouquet in Taylor’s hands, the dirty-blonde teen smiling wide. She waved the bouquet excitedly, squealing as Sidney attempted to snatch it from her.

“It’s mine!” She laughed as Missy shielded her from her older brother.

The night went on to prove to be the most fun Sidney and Bailey had ever had at a wedding – and they were glad it was at their own.

Bailey made eight-hundred dollars at the dollar dance while Sidney made thirty, ten of those thirty coming from his mother. The only thing Sidney disliked about the raucous evening, was that he didn’t’ feel like he got to spend much time with Bailey. She was constantly being whisked away for different activities, talking to different guests and schmoozing with friends. Sure, he was right by her side when they spoke with all of their friends, thanking them for coming, but it wasn’t the same.

The evening was approaching eleven. While they had made it clear that the guests were allowed to stay and party until one, the newlyweds would be getting into their limo and heading off for the night – as their flight was going to be taking off at eight in the morning the next day.

Sidney smiled as he took Bailey’s hand in his while their friends lined the walkway from the venue to the limo door, sparklers in hand to send them off.

“Ready?” He asked, bringing their hands up to his mouth to kiss her knuckles.

“As ever.” She smiled, squeezing his hand before taking off, running down the walkway excitedly.

He was just glad he could keep up.
♠ ♠ ♠
there ya go!
i decided to leave out the ceremony - i mean, let's be real, there are like 12,000 sidney crosby weddings on this site ;)
the next chapter will be a time jump!
any predictions!
xo