Come Back to Me

Good looks

"'Your friend seems nice, cute..." Tom says, glancing in through the window at Alex and Mel.

"Yeah she is. So is Alex.." I add. "Small world huh?"

"Yeah. He told me about that. He said his morning was amazing. He almost had hot tea spilled on him and he didn't even care because the girl was beautiful!" I start to blush.

"I don't know about beautiful.." I whisper. I've never been referred to as beautiful, from men. Never. My cheeks feel hot.

"You kidding? You look exactly like mom. She's who you got your good looks from."

"So, she doesn't know?" I ask.

Tom looks down and shakes his head.

"She never got over it. I didn't even know you, and the reason why I keep referring to you as Ciara is because she never stops talking about the first few hours she had with you. That's why you are Ciara to me, not amy."

I feel like I'm about to cry. I tuck some hair behind my hair and look down. Tom puts his hand on my shoulder.

"Hey, you ok?" I nod quickly. "Did you ask.. Your mom?" He asks with great difficulty.

"No, I couldn't. But I did find something. I didn't bring it with me.. I found newspapers."

"Anything else?"

"No, that's all.." I fold my arms and shiver slightly. It suddenly gets cold."

"Will we go inside, join Alex and Mel?" Tom asks.

"Yeah.. Getting chilly." As we head inside I see Alex and Mel laughing. Alex watches Tom and I go to the counter to grab a drink. Mel is trying hard, I can tell by her laugh. Even as Mel talks away to Alex he is still looking over at me. Tom and I both ask for a tea at the same time and we look at each other, suddenly bursting out into laughter.