Come Back to Me

A little too much

When I wake the next morning everything from yesterday suddenly comes flooding back to me. I don't know whether to laugh or cry. First I'm excited that I now have a twin brother but then I become quite sad and angry and frightened. When I go back home I will confront my parents, I will do it.

Mel got her own room last night which I was thankful for as she wouldn't stop talking about Alex. I still can't believe it was Alex i almost spilt tea over. And he called me beautiful. I feel my face going red again. It's 9:30, I'm assuming Mel is in bed which lets me head out to the shops without her. I didn't pack a lot of clothes, and I don't want to look super dressed up for dinner but my clothes look a little too casual. Once out I manage to pick up a few things, I love shopping in California!

When I get back to my hotel Mel is at my door knocking it silly.

"Amy!!!" She yells at the door.

"I'm here! What's wrong?"

"I thought you had left to go back to New York! I was worried! You didn't answer your phone!"

"I left it. I went out, needed a few clothes. I'm melting in this heat."

"Oh, why didn't you wake me?" She asks.

"You bought clothes yesterday and I left early." She looks disappointed.

"So, looking forward to dinner?" She asks. "I think I'm going to wear that dress I bought yesterday.."

"The short dress? Isn't that a little too.. Dressy?" I want to say slutty.

"Do you think so? I just want to look nice."

"Well, wear it if you want but this is my chance to get to know Tom.. It's not a party." I snap. I don't know what's gotten into her lately.

Mel doesn't answer, instead she follows me into my room.

"I'll stay out your way, don't worry. Alex and I will have plenty to talk about." I roll my eyes.

"Sure you will.." I mumble.

"What?" She asks. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing, it means I'm sure you will have a lot to talk about.. Like you said." I lie.

An hour till we have to go to Toms and I lay my new outfits out on the bed. Mel is getting super dressed up. I want to look good but not like I'm out for a party, like Mel is. Eventually I decide on skin tight jeans, sandals and a white vest, topped with a pretty black suit jacket. It looks smart and casual, I guess. After my shower I quickly blow dry my hair, letting the curls roll down my back. I think I'll keep the curls for tonight, makes a nice change now and then.

Mel knocks the door, and I prepare myself for what I'm about to see. I wonder if she's wearing the dress.. When I open the door I gasp, mostly with complete shock at that dress. It's so short!

"Mel..." I whisper.. "You look... Just.."

"Do you like it???" She asks excitedly and does a twirl.

"Yeah... Isn't it a little too much?"

"Oh it'll be fine!" She says, looking down at her dress. She has the tallest heels on too.

"You ready? You look good! I love your hair!" I touch it feeling self conscious.

"You sure?" I ask. I don't know why I'm so worried. I'm not going to impress anyone. So I keep telling myself.