Come Back to Me

Long lost twin

Walking to Toms takes longer than I had expected because of Mel's stupid decision to wear high heels. She's clinging on to my arm like a child, tripping up occasionally and muttering under her breath.

"Almost there.." I whisper.

"I can't wait to sit down!! I'm not going to stand the entire night!" Mel moans and stops to adjust her shoe.

I roll my eyes, she's so dramatic. We finally get to Toms and I quietly knock on the door, secretly hoping he isn't home. But no, the door opens.

"Amy!" Tom smiles and gives me a quick hug which to my surprise wasn't awkward at all.

"Come in, come in." He stands to the side and let's us in.

"Mel.. Wow!" Tom is speechless. I know he likes Mel, he laughed at everything she said yesterday at coffee, he always stares at her and he did tell me that she's cute.

"Oh, you're sweet." Mel says and kisses his cheek. Too much I think. I take a seat on the couch and Mel lands beside me with a thud.

"I'm exhausted.." She whispers and I giggle a little.

"Well, I'm not gonna say I told you so!" I add.

"Yeah yeah.."

"So Alex is in the kitchen, you want to come through?" He asks.

"Yeah, of course!" Mel sounds keen and suddenly jumps up from the couch and follows tom into the kitchen, looking back at me and mouthing 'YES!!' as she points to her short dress. Of course she is going to hook up with Alex tonight, he won't be able to resist her in that dress.

The kitchen door swings open and Alex is standing at the cooker, stirring the curry and taking a sip of wine. At first glance I notice he is wearing black jeans and a grey v neck sweatshirt. He isn't dressed up at all but he looks good. Tom is wearing a black shirt with jeans, and I look casual and dressy at the same time. Mel is the only one dressed up. The dinner smells amazing.

"Alex, the girls are here." Tom points to us with the biggest smile on his face. I don't know if he's smiling because his long lost twin sister is here, or that Mel hardly has anything on. I would like to think its because of his long lost sister..