Come Back to Me

High five

As the night goes on we are all sitting in the living room on the couch, laughing at toms jokes although Mel isn't laughing. She has been glaring at me ever since she and tom caught Alex and I hugging. It was only a hug, I don't see why she's angry, tom isn't. I'm already trying to convince myself that it was only a cuddle, I was upset and he comforted me. Just friends, that's what we are, friends. Toms couch is a big long one, fitting us all beside each other. Tom is at the end, I'm beside him, Mel is beside me and Alex is to her left. Even though Mel is between us, I still feel like Alex is looking at me, staring. It could just be my imagination though, I'm just making it up. But then he stretches his arm behind the couch, resting it behind Mel, almost just behind my head. I get the shivers, did he do that on purpose? Mel doesn't seem to notice, she's in too much of a mood. She gets up in the middle of toms story and walks into the kitchen with her empty glass. Shortly after Alex follows. Now I'm annoyed.

"So, what are you going to do in New York?" Tom asks, as if he's been desperately wanting to ask but not in front of Alex and Mel.

"I don't know. I need to have a think about it. I am going to their house to get photographs though, before you tell mom and dad.. I want them to see photos first."

"You don't have any at your place?" Tom asks.

"Nope. They wouldn't let me take any when I moved..now I think I understand why."

"Aren't you angry? You don't seem to be.."

"Of course I'm angry. But I'm also confused and sad about the whole thing. Nothing's changed for you Tom, apart from finding your long lost twin sister, but for me, everything's changed. My whole life was, is a lie."

"I get it, I'm sorry for pushing earlier." Tom bites his lip, and I can tell he's thinking about something.

"What?" I ask.

"Well, I was thinking.." He gets comfortable. "I would like to come with you,to New York. Just, be there. I won't get in the way, I'll let you do what you have to do, even if that is talking to them. I'll stay well back."

"Do you think I'll not come back or something?" I ask, feeling confused. Alex and Mel come back in from the kitchen. Mel is laughing. This time Alex sits next to me and Mel to his left. She looks happier than she did 10 minutes ago. I wonder what they got up to.

"No, I know you will. I just thought it would be some bonding time.."

"Bonding time?" Mel asks. Tom then explains to Alex and Mel what he just asked me.

"Oh, we could totally make it a road trip to New York, the four of us!!" Mel shouts out, clapping her hands, holding on to Alex's arm. Tom smiles and sticks out his hand for a High five with Mel.

"I like your thinking!!" Oh great..